The Official, Long Awaited, TV Shows Thread

The big climax was episode 7. The last episode was more an epilogue to close out the obvious result of Daenerys' actions and to give the viewers a wrap up of what happens with the kingdom and the rest of the main characters (what was left of them). I wasn't expecting some kind of crazy edge-of-the-seat finale as we already had that.

I can see why a lot of fans wouldn't like the last episode and that's fine. The entire show was very divisive for people, everyone has their own tastes, expectations and desires for how they think it should be and many can't sit through something like GoT and stop watching early in seasons.

The big climax was episode 7. The last episode was more an epilogue to close out the obvious result of Daenerys' actions and to give the viewers a wrap up of what happens with the kingdom and the rest of the main characters (what was left of them). I wasn't expecting some kind of crazy edge-of-the-seat finale as we already had that.

I can see why a lot of fans wouldn't like the last episode and that's fine. The entire show was very divisive for people, everyone has their own tastes, expectations and desires for how they think it should be and many can't sit through something like GoT and stop watching early in seasons.

Do you mean episode 5?

Do you mean episode 5?
I've also mistakenly in my head thought this season 8 has 8 episodes because 6 episodes is a miniseries and not a full series order. Sopranos also divided their ending in 2 but it was part 1 and part 2 of a single season and it was 21 episodes, that's like more than 3 GoT season 8s when it should be more like almost 2

It was not a bad end. Just very average.

Summary of the end:
- Dany goes crazy and kill tons of people
- Jon wakes from the limbo he is since end of season 7 and kills Dany
- Tyrion is elected hand against his wishes to punish him of his past mistakes, basically every advice he gave young Dany were bad
- Jon leaves Westeros and goes with the wildings north of the wall in the heart of winter, without food, on his poor horse doomed to die because of the extreme cold.
- Sansa undeservely becomes king in the north because it's cool (she is a woman) and his brother is king of the south and he'll agree to everything she wants.
- Lords of Westeros elect Bran to be their king because it's better than the democracy (ugh) threatened by Tyrion. But that's OK cause Bran is the biggest murderer of Westeros history so he perfectly deserves being the King of Westeros.

Indeed he could have avoided the useless massacre of 1 million people with his powers but he did nothing to prevent that even if he knew what would happen: Bran to Jon: "You were exactly where you needed to be." If Jon had agreed to sleep with his aunt after Bran advice:

Bran: "Jon, you should continue banging your auntie, you'll save countless of men, women and children", he would have avoided Dany going crazy but that was too shocking for poor Jon who much prefers to torture animals to the death with very cold temperatures.

- Finally Bran, in an incredible generous gesture, says he will consider using his powers to find the last Dragon. Indeed he much prefer saving animals than men with his incredibly weak powers (time-traveling, mind control, quasi-omniscience).

Maybe it was bad, all considered...
I agree with most of your points, but

come on! No one deserved the North better than Sansa.

That's because they overstuffed a lot of the episodes, so instead of 50 minutes of content it was 70 to 84 minutes. They pretty much had to, otherwise they would be breaking the tension at the wrong places or the episode after the Long Night would be nothing but folks drinking and fucking.

Very much 'Meh' . Just like most of the episodes since they went off book (though I've never read any of them myself).

Arise, King Brann the Random Choice!

I'm sort of harbouring the hope that Martin was asked by the producers who would end up on the throne and, just for shits and giggles, mentioned the first name that came to mind! Could be good marketing for his books if he said the plot in the show was very much different to the final books!

A pity, really, as I was hoping for some proper intrigue after the death of the Night King. Ah, well. Lots of people really enjoyed the show so that's fine.

The entire show was very divisive for people,

On a scale from 1 to 10, if the show had a level 3 of divisiveness, the last season had a level 10.

Even in the final episode they had to fuck up continuity and logic.

Jon leaves unsullied leader behind, executing Lanister soldiers, to meet Daenerys. Next scene we see Jon reaching Daenerys but same unsullied leader teleports in front of him, on top of the stairs

Daenerys is supposedly bonkers right now and suspects everybody of treason and carries a number of unsullied bodyguards everywhere. Yet she's alone and completely undefended inside the throne room, which now has no walls so anyone can reach her (except maybe for the one in 4 sides that's being guarded by Drogon).
Then Jon is told by Arya and Tyrion that he is Daenerys' greatest threat to the Iron throne, yet Daenerys allows him to meet and approach her alone.

Then Drogo, a supposedly wild animal, melts away the iron throne because...?

Writing for this season was terrible and if most people are claiming that it's because it's true.
Thankfully, acting was top notch. I want a full series about Peter Dinklage's Tyrion as Hand with his small council just taking decisions about rebuilding the country. That scene was the best scene in the whole season.

Y'all are bonkers.

Yes, there was a bit of potential left on the table, but it's still exponentially better than other shows.

Its over, it wasn't particularly satisfactory but could have been worse.
There were some cool bits like dark Dany framed by dragon wings as she walked out to address her Nuremberg rally, ending with a reprise of the first scene of first episode, Jon rocking the Ned haircut, the collected new Lords & Sansa becomes independant Queen of the North.

There were some mind-bogglingly weird bits like Arya the great explorer wtf? She'd have been perfect for Master of Whispers.
Sam is both Lord Tarly (apparently independent of Bronn of HighGarden) and Grand Maester?
Tyrion walks into the still largely intact Red Keep & quickly finds his siblings' bodies barely covered.
How the hell are there still so many Dothraki and Unsullied??? She only started with 10,000 Unsullied & lost big chunks of them in various fighting even before the Zombie-geddon at Winterfell with even more losses again afterward.
Suddenly Unsullied just hop on ships & go to random island in the South?
Dragon just burns the (conveniently untouched) Iron Throne & flies away? Burning the throne implies a high level of understanding whats been going on, hard to buy it choosing neither to take vengeance on Jon nor siding with Jon as new 'pet' (Jon having previously been recognised/accepted by the Dragon as a Targaryan).
Jon walks unguarded past a bunch of Dothraki who don't give a fuck that he killed their Khalesi, rather than wanting revenge technically that makes him Khal which should have caused fighting between Unsullied (holding him captive) & Dothraki.
As referenced above its difficult to believe everyone happily agreeing to this Stark hegemony.

More teleporting, I mean they do indicate time passed between Jon talking to Tyrion in prison & him coming out to meet the Lords (beard grows & its summer now) but seriously would it have hurt them to spare like 2secs to make a transition or a couple of mins of events?
As is a lot of people will assume thats basically the next day since its cut as continuous.
I find it hard to believe so much time & events would pass before addressing Tyrion & Jon imprisoned by the Unsullied.

Now antsy for that 3rd Chernobyl episode!

They explicitly said it was at least 2 weeks later. Does no one listen to the dialogue? The people at the meeting were from other locations. Do you just expect them to teleport there in 1 day? People bitched about that, and now it was explicitly called out taking time and people still bitch.

Y'all are bonkers.

Regarding GoT final episode, what I was hoping for with Arya:
To have her go into Face Dancer mode, and as Jon seem to make up with Dani, move in for the kiss, and then stick the knife in. Pretty much what happened, but with Arya instead. Though that would have got in the way of the smooth transition of the dragon letting the killing slide, and instead taking out his rage on the Throne that led Dani to her doom. Ha, as I was writing this I remembered that the dragon sniffed Jon as he approached Dani at the throne. In the Dune series the early Face Dancers could be detected by their scent. Nice tip of the hat by the writers if they meant that to be seen that way.

They explicitly said it was at least 2 weeks later.
Did they? I assumed it must have been at least 6mths.
It took a month for King Robert to travel from Kings Landing to Winterfell back in the first episode so 2 weeks isn't even enough time for Sansa & Bran to get there from Winterfell.
Later in the episode they already have a massive book of the wars written by the Arch Maester at Old Town (& Sam has finished his Maester training) which should be a gap of years.

It took a month for King Robert to travel from Kings Landing to Winterfell back in the first episode so 2 weeks isn't even enough time for Sansa & Bran to get there from Winterfell.
It took a month for King Robert, a massive retinue, soldiers and wagons to get to Winterfell. Two weeks for some northerners to get there by horse is perfectly within reason.

Bran would have been on a wagon & there are 'thousands of Northmen' outside Kings Landing, implied that its a new thing ie not the Northmen who came South earlier.
You still have to get whatsername from the Iron Islands and the dude from Sunspear plus all the various other Lords & they won't have travelled without retinues.
Its implied Gendry & Bronn have also had some time to settle into their new lifestyles as Lords.
Sam must have not only spent some time at HornHill but been back to Old Town to settle with the Maesters, finished training & been granted Maester status.

It seems like after Danys' death the Unsullied basically told the various factions/leaders to bugger off, 'Kings Landing is ours', the factions/leaders split off & returned to (arrived at new) their homes and started to get stuff in order.

Then at least months & possibly years later weather has improved (Winters are years apart & last years in this world, this was expected to be a particularly long one), stuff is getting in order at home and Lords are summoned (by Sansa?) to meet at Kings Landing (with armies) to sort out the overall Kingdom situation.

Did they? I assumed it must have been at least 6mths.

"I've had nothing to do but think these past few weeks, about our bloody history, about the mistakes we've made."

So that's were I pulled at least 2 weeks. Though pedantically it should mean at least 3 weeks. If time spanned onto months, he would have said "these past few months".

Back