Poll: Next-gen streaming

If your favorite platform goes streaming-only, would you buy it?

• Yes, it's the future!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • You mean like Salvia? Stevia? Sativa? Saliva? What's the name?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

MrFox

Deludedly Fantastic
Legend
I wonder if people want these streaming services for the subscription value and prefer to download (like always choosing the psnow dld option), or for actually streaming without a box. Also considering everyone seem excited about the next gen hardware.

I freaking love polls!

Depending on the target devices, I would not be opposed to using a Streaming service on a portable device in addition to a physical hardware console running the games locally.

But if its streaming only... hard to say, depends more on the implementations and price.

I think if you could buy a game and stream while it downloads in the background or play it on a portable device and pick up where you leave off on traditional console setting would be great. Those are the type of applications that I would be into but streaming on it's own doesn't really appeal to me.

Depends very much on price and quality. If it was affordable and gave a console experience, I wouldn't necessarily mind. If it's laggy, lacks clarity, and/or costs a shed load more cash, no way.

I was thinking about the media and analysts saying the future is a streaming console like a hypothetical psnow-only console, or basically what google is doing.

Besides the problematic rural areas without access to a low enough latency to datacenters, there's the impossibility of having a perfect residential internet latency/bandwidth. The way provisioning works with cable or dsl, it will cause occasional hiccups which hardcore gamers wouldn't accept. We'd rather buy the console. Solving this would require changing the way residential ISPs operate.

If the idea of a streaming-only platform is rejected by hardcore gamers, it will not displace the user base. And I'm not sure if there is a big potential to grow the user base if the internet connection required is an impediment to reaching the casual gamers.

If streaming remains a value added feature instead of a replacement, I think google will have to make a console.

Nope. I'll stick with PC. Then start yelling, dirty streaming game peasants.
294px-PCMR.png

Back