The Official, Long Awaited, TV Shows Thread

I do show up! I'm the guy with green scarf to the left / up of Arya
So you had the pleasure of being torched alive by a huge dragon? Nice!
Must have been a great experience being part of possibly the biggest show ever created, even as an extra. I know there's a lot of people added in post for large crowds but I can imagine there would have still been a lot of real people involved in these scenes.

And last night's episode... just wow. Even having an idea what's going to happen it was just extreme.

So you had the pleasure of being torched alive by a huge dragon? Nice!
Must have been a great experience being part of possibly the biggest show ever created, even as an extra. I know there's a lot of people added in post for large crowds but I can imagine there would have still been a lot of real people involved in these scenes.

And last night's episode... just wow. Even having an idea what's going to happen it was just extreme.

There were around 500 extras. I don't think that on this specific scene they had to add anyone through CGI. The set was full of people and it was a real life size set built outdoors. Basically a re-creation of an area of Dubrovnik. It's fun to see that when people were passing through the gate there was a green screen right after and now you see the inside, like there was actually an area inside. It was very tiring but fun! Would do it again in the blink of an eye.

Regarding the spoiler tag, I haven't seen the episode, so I'm curious if I show on that bit as well! This picture came from a colleague at work.

In a bit of funny foreshadowing I have another picture where I show up really close by to another extra guy. Three months later I changed to a new job and that guy is my team leader!

Last edited:
Regarding the spoiler tag, I haven't seen the episode, so I'm curious if I show on that bit as well! This picture came from a colleague at work.
I was just playing on the fact that you were in the city therefore you must have been... yeah. Reverse 4th wall?

Well this episode must be one of the most disappointing things I’ve seen in a long time.

Was it
because of what Danni did to the people of the city?

I was happy when she demolished the Iron Fleet and the wall of Scorpions.
I was happy when the army was making its way through the city and secured the surrender of The Golden Army.

I was very sad when Danni went all Nero on the city.

I was hoping Jamie would have had a chance to redeem himself by killing Cersei before things went all Rome is Burning.
I was sad but understanding that Jamie didn't change at all.

I was entirely drained when the purging was still going on what felt like over 30 minutes.

I thought the episode progressed exactly as it should given everything leading up to that big event.
Daenerys was always in danger of doing the same thing her family had done over generations, turning out rather unhinged, megalomaniac and prone to tip over the edge to insanity exerting their power to slaughter many. With all the recent situations, finding out Jon was her nephew and rightful male heir to the throne she's just spent years trying to take back, betrayed by Jon and others finding out about his heritage, losing a 2nd dragon suddenly just the day before then finally Missandei at the end being executed and shouting Drakaris (burn), basically telling Daenerys and her army to kill them all.

The other parts were appropriate ways to finalize those storylines. The brothers fighting and killing each other, finally ending that feud. And Jaime and Cersei was perfect, Jaime couldn't help himself but love her till the end. He thought he had found someone else to help him forget with Brienne but he couldn't, so he left. He had to save her and ending up with each other before they died was an ideal ending for them.

Some of it I liked, quite a bit was disappointingly worthy of the Discovery writers o_O
Across multiple Seasons and this seasons' opening credits 'look we've got all these Scorpions that can easily kill a Dragon' until suddenly about a gazillion of them don't even get aimed while being destroyed with no difficulty :nope:
My pet theory had been that Bran had discovered a bunch of living Dragons in some very far off corner of the world & he'd actually been warging off to bring them to Westeros & there would be like 50 of them descend to kill off the Iron Fleet & save the Northerners from being annihilated by the combined Lannister/High-garden/city guard/Golden company army -> city surrenders.

Suddenly there are still heaps of Dothraki alive?!

Really wasn't expecting Dany to 'burn it, burn it all' like that :oops:
Looked like she was on the verge of just hopping on the Dragon & going back to Mereen leaving Westeros to Jon which might have been a better ending.

Anyone else notice all the green explosions? Implies Cersei had rigged some kind of Sept of Baelor type wildfire trap but it didn't get explained at all.

Expected the Hound vs Mountain fight & both dying but I'd figured it would happen after the Mountain killed Arya when she tried to kill Cersei.
But now Arya is gonna have to kill Dany instead. (Jon faced with the choice to kill Arya to protect Dany or stand-by and allow it -> become the 'usurper' he never wanted to be. Or all 3 die leaving Sansa, Tyrion, Bronn & Gendry to start the GoT all over again :runaway:)

I'm OK with Jaime going back to Cersei like that, seems in character.
Not a fan of the wandering around for ages despite being very mortally wounded bit though, would have been more properly GoT to just die on the beach.
Was hoping for Tyrion being brought to Cersei, his attempt to kill her stopped by Jaimie, Cersei kills Tyrion which triggers Jaime to kill Cersei. (presumably would have been after Arya/Hound/Mountain bit)

I didn't like the episode, either, but...
not because of what happened, per se, but because of the way it was developed.

- First, what @hoom said about the dragon and the scorpions. Daenerys had three dragons but wasn't able to do before what she eventually did now with only one, even though the city and the fleet were covered in scorpions?

- Tyrion gives away Varys for treason, and just after before that he himself betrays Daenerys AND not only to help his brother, but to help his bitch of a sister, telling Jaime to 'convince' her about surrendering/going away. What else does he need to know his sister?

- Daenerys going mad is horrible, but it was expectable. In fact, before that I was saying that she was just about to go crazy. BUT heck, if you go all Nero, why do you burn the city first and then a bit of the Red Keep, and after that, the city again? She gave Cersei, her supposedly worst enemy, plenty of time to escape while she burnt the city to the ground. I felt that Cersei died by chance or accident rather than because of Daenerys direct action.

- And again, Jon's stupid and artificial (it hasn't been well developed, at all...) devotion to 'his queen'. How did this happen?? He was all for the north, and one or two episodes with Daenerys and boom! He's madly in love with her, loyal to his new queen. A queen that was able to give the Iron Islands back to their rulers, but that was not able to do the same with the north, even though they had a similar claim and were far more important in Westeros, overall. Jon being weak and not listening to Sansa... that could be valid, but the way it happened was crap.

I've enjoyed previous episodes that were highly criticised by the audience, but this one... this one was pure crap, even though it was spectacular and whatever.

I have more shots and videos about myself in it. Around 4 scenes in total and perhaps a 5th as a colleague of mine said. Will need to check.

Concerning the episode, I liked it.

I agree with those who say that Daenerys going mad makes sense. She lost ally after ally after she arrived on a land she doesn't understand. Then she sees that everyone and their mother prefers Jon Snow as a ruler, as she is an outsider. Everything she fought for is slipping her grasp as the only way she can get what she wants is fear, so she is not so much focused about killing Cersie, as much as making King's Landing an example for others to not defy her, innocents be damned. Her state of mind is that she can probably overcome that if she reigns and there is no more war. We have seen this persona over and over again in other stories.

Regarding Cersei and Jamie, I loved their ending. They were two of my most favourite characters because they are so humane like, doing what they think is best to survive in a world that is imminently cruel. I would have hated to see Jamie kill her, it would be very cliché and out of character. I would have hated to see her butchered by Arya or another character. Let's remind ourselves that she suffered throughout the show, losing all her children, parading naked in the city and she endured it all and came back like a Phoenix reborn from the ashes. Dying in the arms of her only true love was perfect.

Jon Snow was always an idiot, seriously. He has always relied too heavily on honour. You say that he should not have supported Daenery, but you forget that he does not want to be a King, he never did. In his mind, if he does not support Daenerys, then who? There is no one else left. It would never be an easy decision and he probably wanted to postpone it till after they had taken Cersei out.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: it's too rushed. When they ran out of books, it got much worse. :(

Now that Dany has nuked King's Landing, even after they surrendered which is monstrous, will Jon, Tyrion et al go after her? Will she nuke them? Will she sit atop a throne of skulls?

I've said it before and I'll say it again: it's too rushed. When they ran out of books, it got much worse. :(

Now that Dany has nuked King's Landing, even after they surrendered which is monstrous, will Jon, Tyrion et al go after her? Will she nuke them? Will she sit atop a throne of skulls?

Wait and see ;)
Unfortunately it won't be a surprise for me as I know it already :(

I didn't disagree with what actually happened. Yes we had had hints that Dani was going a bit mad - BUT yes she's always been ruthless, but only ever to the 'bad guys'.

Here we go from Cersei killing Missandei, which I'm sorry to say but Dani wasn't even THAT close to her, to next episode, first scene, Dani looks absolutely ghastly and goes on to kill thousands of innocent people, after she had already won the city?
(By the way, she just lost a dragon like an idiot to ONE of those scorpion things, but somehow now she's whizzing past tens of those, without getting hit? And she destroyes them all?)

It only made a little bit of sense when the creators gave the interview that came with the trailer for the next episode. Sorry but if you need to explain what just happened in an interview, then you know you haven't done a great job at making the actual episode!

What would it have cost them to put a 1-2 min scene to develop how Dani actually got from kinda moody to absolutely fucking bonkers?

The lack of development means many things that happened felt completely out of character. Epic episode, sure, but what's the point of epic when it's devoid of the actual drama that should make sense.

I didn't disagree with what actually happened. Yes we had had hints that Dani was going a bit mad - BUT yes she's always been ruthless, but only ever to the 'bad guys'.

Here we go from Cersei killing Missandei, which I'm sorry to say but Dani wasn't even THAT close to her, to next episode, first scene, Dani looks absolutely ghastly and goes on to kill thousands of innocent people, after she had already won the city?
(By the way, she just lost a dragon like an idiot to ONE of those scorpion things, but somehow now she's whizzing past tens of those, without getting hit? And she destroyes them all?)

It only made a little bit of sense when the creators gave the interview that came with the trailer for the next episode. Sorry but if you need to explain what just happened in an interview, then you know you haven't done a great job at making the actual episode!

What would it have cost them to put a 1-2 min scene to develop how Dani actually got from kinda moody to absolutely fucking bonkers?

The lack of development means many things that happened felt completely out of character. Epic episode, sure, but what's the point of epic when it's devoid of the actual drama that should make sense.

Re-watch previous seasons. You have very rose tinted glasses on Daenerys. The only reason why she never killed innocents was never that she cared about them, but her advisors were stopping her from doing it. She was constantly reminded by Jorah that she should not act impulsively and show mercy whenever she was going postal. Her being this nice leader was all Jorah's grooming of her, it was never who she really was! Now Jorah and all other advisors are dead, except for Tyrion who committed several mistakes, so she doesn't respect him anymore.

Honestly, re-watch previous seasons and it will make much more sense, without needing anymore explanations. She was always a Con.

Re-watch previous seasons. You have very rose tinted glasses on Daenerys. The only reason why she never killed innocents was never that she cared about them, but her advisors were stopping her from doing it. She was constantly reminded by Jorah that she should not act impulsively and show mercy whenever she was going postal. Her being this nice leader was all Jorah's grooming of her, it was never who she really was! Now Jorah all other advisors are dead, except for Tyrion who committed several mistakes, so she doesn't respect him anymore.
Well, all I'm saying is that all these 'reasons' could have been connected to the actual final act much, much better. Otherwise the act wouldn't have felt so completely out of character to many of us. As I said, it would have taken a very short scene to connect all the dots to the point she finally snapped. Cause girl, she SNAPPED! :D

Back