The Official, Long Awaited, TV Shows Thread

Why did the dragons mainly torch the enemies in the back of the undead army? Why didn't they attack when the army was all stuck by the flaming mote?
By that time the two dragons were busy trying to find the Night King.

Last edited:
The one driven by Danni was lost in the storm while she refused to stop to ask for directions on where the enemies were at. Some say males are too stubborn to ask for directions, but her stubbornness was far worse.

By that time the two dragons were busy trying to find the Night King.

But wasn't the plan for Bran to lure out and find the Night King? And if it wasn't, nobody told Sir Davos. Poor guy did all his airport runway arm swinging in vein

But wasn't the plan for Bran to lure out and find the Night King? And if it wasn't, nobody told Sir Davos. Poor guy did all his airport runway arm swinging in vein
They didn't know whether the dragon fire would kill the Night King so they wanted to try and kill him at least. Also I don't think anyone, including Daenerys and Jon Snow had any idea what Bran had planned since he couldn't really say what he'd seen in visions. Oh btw Arya, it's all on you. No pressure.

So Daenerys and Snow had to try and kill the Night King, kill as much of the army as possible with the dragons, protect the army from the NK and his dragon but also lure the NK to Bran. Him going into fugue state with the ravens was to basically poke the NK and say "I'm here".

About GoT episode 3, a very strange scene:

Did Jon try to commit suicide with the Dragon at the end ? It was a very odd moment. Very out of place. Screaming at a Zombie ? How is that scene in the novel ?

About GoT episode 3, a very strange scene:

Did Jon try to commit suicide with the Dragon at the end ? It was a very odd moment. Very out of place. Screaming at a Zombie ? How is that scene in the novel ?
Novel doesn't exist yet.
he was trying to get to Bran and felt he had failed so he was probably just going for a last hail mary

Does anyone know what the original clip is about? The real translation of what they're saying? I've always been curious just because he enjoys it so much.

BTW - FUCK LOST!!! Pissed me off so much it was exasperating! No continuity, loose and dead ends left hanging all over, and a bloody Phillip Jose Farmer/A.E.Vogt ripoff ending that doesn't fit with a lot of the shit from the earlier seasons.

Avoid, avoid at all costs. It started with great potential, but like the Matrix sequels had no clue where they were going after that and just kept plowing ahead with whatever seemed to work that week.

Believe it or not the most entertaining shows for me this week have been on CSPAN. :)

Does anyone know what the original clip is about? The real translation of what they're saying? I've always been curious just because he enjoys it so much.
It's from a Spanish TV show. I don't remember the name. This guy used to come and tell funny things that had happened to him. In fact, his nickname was "Risitas", "Little Laughs", because of the way he laughs.

In this case, I don't know it all because he's just explaining the ending, but he's saying that a cook asked him to get back a big pan (the ones we use to cook paella) from the beach outside the restaurant. The guy is explaining how he was dishevelled and in a bath suit, and that when he came out, the sea level had raised so he could barely see the pan, which was almost covered in sea water.

Hah, I always wondered wth could be that funny :confused:

Anyways:
Discovery ended Season2 with a huge, 'epic' & incredibly stupid finale. The writers of that show are literally morons :nope:
Orville ended with a bit of a whimper but their take on time-travel was infinitely smarter & more satisfying.

Speaking of morons, I finally got around to re-watching Sledge Hammer which is intentionally moronic & thats the whole point.
Very pleased to find my recollection of watching it as a kid that it was hilarious has stood up to a rewatch :yes:
Going back a ways: no, Bullet in the Face is definitely no Sledge Hammer.

And furthering the moronic theme: I watched Garth Marenghi's Darkplace which is a true masterpiece of riffing on bad screenwriting/acting/directing :love::LOL:
Discovery writers are basically Garth Marenghi.

Last edited:
THANK YOU!!!! :D

Made my day hearing that, truly appreciate it Eloyc. :)
BONUS: this one is truly funny:

He explains how, when he went to the unemployment office, a woman asked him and other guys there to help her unload a truck full of oil bottles (the normal ones to cook, 1L); after that, they will receive a good payment. He thought it would be a piece of cake. Bottom line: he ended up working his ass off unloading heavy sacks of cement. The other dude in the show was pretty creepy, as you will notice.

Orville ended with a bit of a whimper but their take on time-travel was infinitely smarter & more satisfying.
Actually with some time & rewatch it was actually not good time-travel.
Still better done than Discovery.

Back