The Official, Long Awaited, TV Shows Thread

I'm still mostly annoyed by what they did in Season 7. They still didn't show anything that showed that the Army of the dead could have broken through the Wall without the ice dragon. The Wall is around 200 metres higher than the walls of Winterfell, and Jon even wanted to fill the gateways with ice in the novels.

But the NK did use Viserion to unleash blue fire onto the wall?

But the NK did use Viserion to unleash blue fire onto the wall?

So here's the largest part about Game of Thrones I don't understand about the side of Evil.

You're the Knight King.
You're primarily immortal.

Why are you in such a rush now?
After waiting so many thousands of years?
Why not wait it out a bit longer?
Are you not in control of the winter weather?
Why not use the freezing cold weather as your weapon?
Why not take a different route?
Why not avoid higher risk conflicts?
Why not kill everyone using your DracoLich's frost breath?

Is that explained better in the books?

So here's the largest part about Game of Thrones I don't understand about the side of Evil.

You're the Knight King.
You're primarily immortal.

Why are you in such a rush now?
After waiting so many thousands of years?
Why not wait it out a bit longer?
Are you not in control of the winter weather?
Why not use the freezing cold weather as your weapon?
Why not take a different route?
Why not avoid higher risk conflicts?
Why not kill everyone using your DracoLich's frost breath?

Is that explained better in the books?

The Night King in the books is another character. The books haven't introduced any kind of leader for them yet, and it also hasn't been explained why The Others reappeared. One possible explanation was that the Wildlings were searching for the Horn of Joramun and caused The Others to appear.

Lost is one of those things... I think you should just keep going, it’s one hell of an entertaining show. But I won’t deny that you might get frustrated sometimes.

I disagree ... you will end up forgetting there was anything good about the show and start hating it. Two seasons, maybe three max, but then bail!

No. One must experience all 121 episodes of Lost.

Be thankful you can squeeze it into a few weeks. The rest of us had to go from September 22, 2004 to May 23, 2010.

GoT, it wasn't what it should be.
Maybe they hired some Discovery writers?

They've shied away from killing off major characters for several seasons.
Am completely unsurprised but still disappointed that they didn't really kill off many in this episode despite a load of them being repeatedly in situations where they should be dead as fuck.

I mean the guys who went North to capture the zombie pretty much all survived, a bunch of them were on The Wall at Eastwatch when it fell but all turned up alive later and still managed to get past/round the vast army of the dead to arrive at Winterfell safely, should have given a clue.

Horrible tactics on both parts: its like they never played a Total War game :nope:
Cavalry on flanks, never ever charge enemy army frontally at the start with them, save for surrounding later when enemy are engaged & depleted.
Arty should be on or behind the walls.
NK really should have waited 5-10mins till all resistance was over before going in.

Waaay too much straight World War Z ripoffs.
They had funky wall defences but didn't use them (expected something like the bit where the Wildlings got scythed off The Wall).

Should have had one or two of the lieutenant white walkers get killed & a chunk of the army die to feel like there is a chance.

NK being dragon fire proof was dumb (unless he's a Targaryan, though side point: Jon got burned by fire when he saved Jeor Mormont). Dragon glass and dragon fire forged Valyrian steel still work but direct dragon fire doesn't? o_O

What the fuck was Bran worging to/for? All we got was some swooping shots.

Sudden direwolf near the start not hanging out with a Stark for no reason.

Crypt not being safe was about as big a surprise as Terminator: 'He sure does have a strong heart' but they still failed to kill off any of the main characters that were there and totally missed the opportunity to have Sansa confronted by Neds' skeleton.

Why didn't red witch resurrect Hodor2 Dondarrion? She's there, he's there, we know she knows how to do it having previously resurrected Jon.

Theon redeemed going out a hero was feelgood but again I think he should have probably died a coward two seasons back when he jumped off the ship leaving his sister to a terrible fate.

I don't particularly have a problem with Arya killing the NK.

I think Lost was a good journey, but looking back from the end it was somewhat disappointing and quite incoherent. There were 1-2 stinker seasons, but I felt watching the rest at the time was quite entertaining and I was waiting for the next episode to come out. I actually have somewhat similar thoughts about Game of Thrones. It's been a great journey, but I think they dropped a lot of potential along the way. I could use a re-watch from the beginning though... I hope they finish strong.

Last edited:
GoT, it wasn't what it should be.
Maybe they hired some Discovery writers?

They've shied away from killing off major characters for several seasons.
Am completely unsurprised but still disappointed that they didn't really kill off many in this episode despite a load of them being repeatedly in situations where they should be dead as fuck.

I mean the guys who went North to capture the zombie pretty much all survived, a bunch of them were on The Wall at Eastwatch when it fell but all turned up alive later and still managed to get past/round the vast army of the dead to arrive at Winterfell safely, should have given a clue.

Horrible tactics on both parts: its like they never played a Total War game :nope:
Cavalry on flanks, never ever charge enemy army frontally at the start with them, save for surrounding later when enemy are engaged & depleted.
Arty should be on or behind the walls.
NK really should have waited 5-10mins till all resistance was over before going in.

Waaay too much straight World War Z ripoffs.
They had funky wall defences but didn't use them (expected something like the bit where the Wildlings got scythed off The Wall).

Should have had one or two of the lieutenant white walkers get killed & a chunk of the army die to feel like there is a chance.

NK being dragon fire proof was dumb (unless he's a Targaryan, though side point: Jon got burned by fire when he saved Jeor Mormont). Dragon glass and dragon fire forged Valyrian steel still work but direct dragon fire doesn't? o_O

What the fuck was Bran worging to/for? All we got was some swooping shots.

Sudden direwolf near the start not hanging out with a Stark for no reason.

Crypt not being safe was about as big a surprise as Terminator: 'He sure does have a strong heart' but they still failed to kill off any of the main characters that were there and totally missed the opportunity to have Sansa confronted by Neds' skeleton.

Why didn't red witch resurrect Hodor2 Dondarrion? She's there, he's there, we know she knows how to do it having previously resurrected Jon.

Theon redeemed going out a hero was feelgood but again I think he should have probably died a coward two seasons back when he jumped off the ship leaving his sister to a terrible fate.

I don't particularly have a problem with Arya killing the NK.

You must be fun at parties ;)

Can't say I've given it that much thought. Found the whole thing pretty epic. Realism went out of the window a season or two back anyway when characters suddenly started teleporting all over the map every episode.

You must be fun at parties ;)

Can't say I've given it that much thought. Found the whole thing pretty epic. Realism went out of the window a season or two back anyway when characters suddenly started teleporting all over the map every episode.
That's exactly how I feel about it. I was a late bloomer so I watched 6 seasons all at once, just before the 7th. And at some point groups of people just literally started teleporting from one previously impossibly far away place to another. The first few seasons told the story of the journeys to get from one main point of the realm to the other, over many episodes. Then all of a sudden, they all found private jets and started touching down in different cities like nothing happened. Weird but it is what it is!

I caught up on GoT last night and an amazing big battle. It was certainly dark but I thought it was perfect, very gritty and somber which they're maintained throughout the show when shooting scenes in the north. My TV is calibrated fairly well and a good quality panel, in addition to the good Amazon source but I can see why there were a lot of complaints about it being dark.

I agree with some of hoom's comments but I thought the entire episode was just brilliant anyway.

I was surprised at how few characters were killed though, considering basically their entire army was slaughtered.

A reasonable person would assume they made the journey at a typical pace with nothing of interest happening, just it wasn't shown on camera. Instead you have many jumping to illogical conclusions of teleportation.

Thing is the activities depicted going on at either end during the voyages imply a short passage of time -> teleportation.
Just a half-line of dialogue here & there or some kind of visual indicating an obvious passage of time would have been sufficient.

Last edited:
A reasonable person would assume they made the journey at a typical pace with nothing of interest happening, just it wasn't shown on camera. Instead you have many jumping to illogical conclusions of teleportation.
As hoom says, it feels clipped and rushed. Characters suddenly appearing, from one scene to the next, in a place across country in a world where travel is slow and cumbersome.

It actually started in season 1 when Tyrion and company was on their way to the Eyrie. In the book they travel up the mountain with a stop for sleep (or was it change of animals? don't remember) in the middle, while in the show they look at the mountain from a-far, say "we have to go up there" and snap they are up there.

I understand the reasons for this stuff, but it still feels rushed. If you haven't read the books, maybe it's less jarring.

I liked the last episode quite a bit, even though I thought they could have avoided the majority of deaths if individuals hadn't acted so stupid and/or uncoordinated.
Why did the dragons mainly torch the enemies in the back of the undead army? Why didn't they attack when the army was all stuck by the flaming mote?

Back