Baseless Next Generation Rumors with no Technical Merits [pre E3 2019] *spawn*

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you think could be the minimum amount of ram you could reasonably get away with if your able to stream assets in so quickly using pcie4?
Would you really need much more than the 12GB that the 1X has if your not storing as much textures in memory? 16GB, 12 still?

The more I think about it the more I'm starting to believe the 8GB ram 16GB ram split. I don't think anybody would of suspected that so not just an educated guess like other leaks and the 7nm PS4 also being in the leak and now more or less confirmed by Sony. It also makes sense with the Ryzen 2 CPU obviously needing more bandwidth.

Well, this isn't baseless rumour but don't know of better place to put it. PS5 is more than a year away.

Following up on its earning announcements and targets for the year, Sony's Interactive Entertainment (SIE) arm has commented on the PlayStation's future, in that there's no chance of seeing the successor to the PlayStation 4 in stores any time between now and April 2020.

Wall Street Journal reporter Takashi Mochizuki tweeted the comments, which came from a SIE spokesperson following Sony's investor call earlier today. The company reiterated its reduced profit goals for next year but also promised to invest the difference (31.1 billion yen, or $278 million) between last year's operating income and its current outlook for 2019 into developing its next PlayStation console.

https://www.engadget.com/2019/04/26/sony-ps5-playstation-5-launch-date-2020/

They haven't done that ever, not with the xb1, not with the X, not even with the Slim. For years we get these rumors about MS planning this crazy loss undercutting sony. We had that 10TF xb1x rumors from "known insiders", then the $99 diskless slim the size of a NUC. It's not surprising we're now seeing rumors on Era saying Snek will be 16TF for the same price as the 8TF ps5.

Why are they making up ridiculous specs to be disappointed later?
OK this is the first time I've heard of it, does put things in perspective for me now:). Regardless of how powerful Snek is, an 8 TF PS5 would be highly, highly, highly disappointing even if at $399. In theory it barely does more than rendering native 4k PS4 games. I'm hoping with all these billions of profit Sony has earned lately they'd go all out and don't skimp on the specs.

I only remember my ptsd triggers of the great fanboy wars.

Oh... You're talking about Sega and Nintendo, and the likes of Texan? That's a name I've not heard in a long time.

Might I suggest an attempt at liquid medication to supress such horrible times?

*Brad Sams has no idea about the actual Flops of this new hardware*
Nirolak's Note: He didn't say the Xbox 2 was 10 TFLOPs, to be clear.

Doesn't seem like it was taken seriously. Until you brought it up, I had no idea this was a thing. o_O edit: I mocked it with rounding/precision error. NeVermindME :V

Time to let it go. :V

Last edited:
Doesn't seem like it was taken seriously. Until you brought it up, I had no idea this was a thing. o_O edit: I mocked it with rounding/precision error. NeVermindME :V

Time to let it go. :V
I was talking about the original thread on gaf which exploded, before that subsequent edit.

We did a pretty quick dismissal of each points here though.

So the implication of Sony and AMD co developing hardware Raytracing means it's a PS5 exclusive feature then? I've heard recent talks of MS using DirectX "software duh" Raytracing for their Scarlett consoles so in a sense this fits the narrative. Let's assuming this is true then Snek would have the extra silicon room for more Tflops for sure if using the same chip. Probably not unreasonable to assume at least 14TF. This should also imply Navi is way more power efficient than Radeon 7, but hey I need more evidence to convince me, after all this is from an untrusted source.

Speaking of Raytracing, if it´s the next big thing. (which it is) and Nvidia it´s pushing it in the market right now, What would be the point of devoting resources towards a solution just for Sony, and not integrating it in your hardware portfolio from now on.

If you have something better in the pipeline why not offer it in the first place

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back