Need help with Outlook rules against spam

Kaotik

Drunk Member
Legend
Supporter
So, my personal main e-mail account used to be relatively spam free. Can't remember exactly when this changed, but now I get several spam-emails every day.
I quickly noticed that I only seem to get spam (that comes through to my inbox) only from addresses ending in specific top level domains (TLD) something@something.TLD1 or TLD2
Here comes the problem: Outlook rules don't seem to give me a way to block (or rather move to spam folder) everything from these said TLDs, "*@*.TLD" or "@*.TLD" at least don't seem to work.
Anyone got any ideas how to block them? And no, I'm not worried of the possibility of getting a legimate email from either TLD, ever.

You just using Outlook as a pop/imap client? Seems like you'd want spam filtering to happen before shit reaches your client.

You just using Outlook as a pop/imap client? Seems like you'd want spam filtering to happen before shit reaches your client.
Yes, I'm using it as pop/imap-client, but the ISP provided e-mail doesn't give me the option to do it before (it has some automatic spam filters but they've never been that effective)

Then I recommend setting up a MS hosted exchange account and forward your ISP account to that. Then you can use Outlook the way it was intended (Exchange) and you can still either send directly from your ISP account in Outlook or set up the Exchange account to send from the ISP email address.

I know that this isn't directly addressing your issue but it seems like a much better route than the way you're doing it now. If you're concerned about privacy with the free MS account you can get a paid one for like 4 bucks a month.

Back