Community Poll: What color will Sony PS5 be?

What color will the launch model PS5 be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BRiT

(>• •)>⌐■-■ (⌐■-■)
Legend
Supporter
What color will the launch model PS5 be?

Does choice of colour include special/limited editions? Seems a no-brainer it'll be black, but I wouldn't want to lose the poll and suffer a lifetime of shame for guessing wrong if there are five blue-and-gold PS5's made as launch prizes and that counts as a colour option.

Lets roll with the largest quantities available for launch purchase?

I'm never been as less certain about a new console, 50/50 it's black but I can see Sony deciding to do something different. I do predict there will only be one colour at launch, whatever that colour is.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sony know their box has to fit in with every room. They can't be too outrageous, meaning the options are black, grey, or white. Grey hasn't been popular for CE devices since the 90s. White is in but doesn't suit every room. Black works everywhere. Ergo, it's black, only to be differentiated by trimming, highlights, and lights, for exactly the same reasons PS2 was black, PS3 was black, and PS4 is black. I also expect matte because people don't like the finger-prints showing up on glossy surfaces as happened with PS3 - makes it look worn in a way a matte finish never does.

I want a return in form to PS3 fat's Piano Black, damn thing still looks the best in all Sony Playstations.

In photos yes, but 5 seconds after handling it revealed it was a device to perpetually capture and display your finger prints.

In photos yes, but 5 seconds after handling it revealed it was a device to perpetually capture and display your finger prints.
giphy.gif

black to the future?

seriously, its probably "charcoal black" or something like that that easy to read and understand. Unlike paint color names.

Back