Xbox Game Pass, Game Pass Ultimate now Includes EA Play! [XGP, GamePass]

This is allowed through their rules and has never been flagged for the years I've done it:
  • A main account I use on Android tablet for Edge (pc searches) and Edge Mobile (mobile searches), redeems for my Gold and Game Pass
  • A second account on PC Edge, redeems for my niece/nephew/sister Xbox Gold, any leftovers spills for me
  • A third account on PC IE at work, redeems for any special deals at the time as available.
I think Beaverland has less points available than Murica.
Just reading up on this.
https://workfromhomejourney.com/is-microsoft-rewards-worth-it-a-detailed-review

As a level 2 member, this is what you can earn assuming you’re a regular user:

• Max out the paid searches every day – 7,500 points per month
  • Earn 50 points per day for completing offers – 1,500 points per month
  • Earn up to 150 points per month for actively browsing with Microsoft Edge – 150 points per month
Total: 9,150 points per month, or $9.15.
However, that needs 25 searches a day. If you don't like Bing's results (I never got on with it), that's actually '25 fake' searches required. The actual hourly rate is probably dreadful. If you use Edge and Bing anyway, it's a nice bonus, but MS aren't even going to be able to pay my $150 a year to use their browser and search engine! They should be products I want to use anyway coz they're good.

So I think the whole 'cost' thing needs to be considered thoroughly. Very often these days things are marked as 'free' simply because there's no dollar attachment, but there's a cost in time and/or personal information. That's not to say Game Pass isn't great value or available for a really low cost, but it's quite a subjective cost whether collecting MS Reward Points to pay for it is something one can enjoy/do or not.

It’s not bad. I use the tools as rewards want me to and for the most part I get what I need. If it’s not sufficient I’ll switch to google.

The interesting thing about search engines like back in the day, still really comes down preference of results.

Just reading up on this.
https://workfromhomejourney.com/is-microsoft-rewards-worth-it-a-detailed-review

However, that needs 25 searches a day. If you don't like Bing's results (I never got on with it), that's actually '25 fake' searches required. The actual hourly rate is probably dreadful. If you use Edge and Bing anyway, it's a nice bonus, but MS aren't even going to be able to pay my $150 a year to use their browser and search engine! They should be products I want to use anyway coz they're good.

So I think the whole 'cost' thing needs to be considered thoroughly. Very often these days things are marked as 'free' simply because there's no dollar attachment, but there's a cost in time and/or personal information. That's not to say Game Pass isn't great value or available for a really low cost, but it's quite a subjective cost whether collecting MS Reward Points to pay for it is something one can enjoy/do or not.

Maybe this is how they’re training their search algorithms. shifty.gif

/AlFoil hat

I’m sure you can spare some time while you’re squatting.

pile-of-poo_emojidex-icon.png

Last edited:
On yeah, one more thing...

Technically I dont even search for the PC Searches and Edge Browsing, I just click through the various "News" categories such as Tops Stories, Sports (and the 21 sub sections), US (and 4 subsections), World (and the 5 subsections), Science, Technology, Entertainment (and 2 subsections), Politics, Business, and Fact Check. It sort of lets me know what's going on in the different areas...

For mobile searches I typically browse through "Movies" or "TV Shows" special searches.

Its taken me longer to type up this response than it did to earn my daily PC Search and Edge points.

And I'm still squatting!

I’m sure you can spare some time while you’re squatting on mobile.
You mean on the toilet? I've never understood that. I have zero toilet time. I sit down, do my biz, get up. There's absolutely nothing difficult or time-consuming about it.

Or are you talking about illegally 'squatting' on people's mobile contracts when I'm street hacking?

You mean on the toilet? I've never understood that. I have zero toilet time. I sit down, do my biz, get up. There's absolutely nothing difficult or time-consuming about it.

Or are you talking about illegally 'squatting' on people's mobile contracts when I'm street hacking?
haha slow down Shifty, don't need to rush it out; brain aneurysm is a real thing

On yeah, one more thing...

Technically I dont even search for the PC Searches and Edge Browsing, I just click through the various "News" categories such as Tops Stories, Sports (and the 21 sub sections), US (and 4 subsections), World (and the 5 subsections), Science, Technology, Entertainment (and 2 subsections), Politics, Business, and Fact Check. It sort of lets me know what's going on in the different areas...

For mobile searches I typically browse through "Movies" or "TV Shows" special searches.

Its taken me longer to type up this response than it did to earn my daily PC Search and Edge points.

And I'm still squatting!

This is how I get my searches. I use all the News categories links too. Great for when they have specials for double the amount of searches. Keeps me up-to-date on current events. On my phone I have Bing set as my default search engine. If I don't max it out during the day I will go to the Trending section links on Bing. As for Edge, I don't use it on my work PC or phone, so I will just open it up on my Xbox about once a week or so.

I'm not real dedicated about doing all of that every day though. I usually only do them every day when there's a game coming out that I want to buy & need some extra gift cards. Lately I've been getting Game Pass mainly from free the card included in my new XB1X system, but also from the exclusive challenges they had on the Xbox Rewards app last November & December.

The Xbox Rewards app is really great. If you're not using it on the Xbox I would start doing that too. They have small points just from visiting their offers like visiting a promoted games' store page or going to Mixer. These you don't have to buy anything. Click them & then hit B to go back to the app. But you rack up the most points from playing games, getting achievements & game purchases. Check the Challenges/Punch Cards. There are even rewards for purchasing or renting movies & TV shows. You can even get your daily searches & cash out your points there too.

Tommy McClain

The Xbox app is awful because it’s slow to snap to Edge or the storefront or wherever else they want you to go.:devilish:

Hm.

30 days left before the deal expires? I might do this after the rest of the latest new batch arrives.

Got enough on the plate at the moment.

$1 ?
dudeeee... less than a chocolate bar
Gotta time it for when Reach comes in the next couple months.

MHW is maybe the only game I’d play come the 18th.

Already got through Prey on PC, but wouldn’t mind blowing through again at cinematic frame rates. Might consider a double dip here since it’s in the Spring Sale. I hope they’re working on a sequel, though I gotta say that their post-release DLC was a thorough exercise in futility like Dead space 2 MP.

Last edited:
I think the part they didn't quite get was the implied "at a discount" even for those on yearly plans. There is a discount compared to paying month-to-month for both services separately.

~~~
https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2019/04/16/introducing-xbox-game-pass-ultimate/

A top request you have shared from day one is to provide an option to get Xbox Game Pass and the most advanced multiplayer network, Xbox Live Gold, in a single membership.

We heard you. Today, we’re excited to announce Xbox Game Pass Ultimate. Xbox Game Pass Ultimate will include all of the benefits of Xbox Live Gold with Xbox Game Pass. That means the full Xbox Game Pass library of over 100 high quality games, and Xbox Live Gold online multiplayer, in one convenient membership for $14.99 a month. With Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, gamers will be able to play together on the most-advanced multiplayer network and discover their next favorite game.

Starting today, we’re inviting a limited number of our Xbox Insider community members to join and test Xbox Game Pass Ultimate before it launches later this year in current Xbox Game Pass markets.

That was a no-brainer move. Naming gets weird though, IMO. I'd have thought this was better branded as a tier of Live, so Xbox Live Ultimate, or Xbox Live Eternal Library, or something Live-y. I can never remember the name of Game Pass and have to keep looking it up!

Game Pass = New Hotness
Live Gold = Old & Busted

Makes sense if they eventually quit charging for Gold.

Tommy McClain

Back