Sea of Thieves [XO, PC, XGP, PS]

Way behind on the updates...

Mega update coming April 30. Includes...

The Arena
Preview: (Wednesday April 10th, 5pm BST/9am PT)

Find out more about the all-new competitive game mode that will let you and your friends test yourselves against other crews in fun and fast-paced matches to amass the most loot.​

The Hunter's Call
Preview: (Tuesday April 16th, 5pm BST/9am PT)

The Hunter's Call is a new Trading Company that gives you more ways to play and progress towards Pirate Legend. Find out more about what you can do, the Company behind it and the rewards on offer.​

Tall Tales – Shores of Gold
Preview: (Tuesday April 23rd, 5pm BST/9am PT)

This is Sea of Thieves like you've never seen it before. Tall Tales are a collection of story-rich quests that are played out in our shared world and can be fully experienced by yourself or with your crew. This first collection, Shores of Gold, invites you to embark on an epic adventure of love, honour and betrayal in search of the mythical Shores of Gold.​

Rest of the goodies they updated are here...
https://www.seaofthieves.com/news/anniversary-update-announce

or in the release notes here...
https://www.seaofthieves.com/release-notes

Yes, all updates are still free.

Year One announcement trailer...

Year One stats infographic...

9162acaa-8a3f-45f1-a114-4f2fe1f03a0b.jpg

Pets still not ready. :( Still coming, but needs more time to bake.

Anybody interested in playing this weekend? Or you want to wait for the mega update?

Tommy McClain

Way behind on the updates...
Anybody interested in playing this weekend? Or you want to wait for the mega update?

Tommy McClain
I sort of would like to give this a go a bit before the big patch to see how far they've come. Though this weekend is tight for me.

I sort of would like to give this a go a bit before the big patch to see how far they've come. Though this weekend is tight for me.

Understand, been busy myself. I haven't played in weeks. Sad considering I have a new XB1X & it hasn't got much play time yet. BTW, I have all 3 SKUs now(almost 1 for each family member). Guess my youngest son is next. LOL The last couple of weeks I've been working on moving all the TVs & Xboxes, plus mounting all the TVs to the walls. Now I can relax & just play. That is until the wife has more home improvement projects. ;)

Tommy McClain

Understand, been busy myself. I haven't played in weeks. Sad considering I have a new XB1X & it hasn't got much play time yet. BTW, I have all 3 SKUs now(almost 1 for each family member). Guess my youngest son is next. LOL The last couple of weeks I've been working on moving all the TVs & Xboxes, plus mounting all the TVs to the walls. Now I can relax & just play. That is until the wife has more home improvement projects. ;)

Tommy McClain
Did you ever make it to PL?

I hadn't read about all the updates since the last time we played, but I still have the following wishes:
  • 4 player crew on the middle size boat (3 player)
  • 6 to 8 player crew on the large size boat (4 player)
  • 8 to 16 player crew on an even larger boat.
The large boat feels more than 2x the size of the 3 player ship and so overwhelming for a crew of 4.

Did you ever make it to PL?

No. There's no way I'm making it without some help. I have a lot of doubloons that I could trade-in to help get me closer, but not enough to max out all 3 companies. I think I'm going to try to take another stab at it though.

I hadn't read about all the updates since the last time we played, but I still have the following wishes:
  • 4 player crew on the middle size boat (3 player)
  • 6 to 8 player crew on the large size boat (4 player)
  • 8 to 16 player crew on an even larger boat.
The large boat feels more than 2x the size of the 3 player ship and so overwhelming for a crew of 4.

Yeah, I haven't heard any news on those kind of changes. Though I could see them make a larger boat. Personally I'm fine with the current set. Just hard to get real friends together. Playing with randoms can be a crapshoot.

Tommy McClain

A wooden submarine could be neat. Stock up on explosive barrels to use as depth charges of a sort.

.........someday.

Details released this week on The Hunter's Call trading company which now includes hunting, fishing & cooking. Man, this is going to be awesome. It's another way to get to Pirate Legend too!

https://www.seaofthieves.com/hunters-call

Wished I could play this weekend. Going to be out of town with family. Next weekend looks better I hope.

Tommy McClain

Reviews on Tall Tales are very good so far.
Anyone booted up the anniversary patch yet?

Lets form a crew!

Got it. Guess they didn't have a notification of sorts.

2019-06-12.jpg

edit: Btw, a shark was trying to eat me while I was trying to take a screenshot. Oddly, it had a bunch of arrows in it already.

Last edited:
Got it. Guess they didn't have a notification of sorts.

View attachment 3147

edit: Btw, a shark was trying to eat me while I was trying to take a screenshot. Oddly, it had a bunch of arrows in it already.
where is the shark?

Game pass turned Sea of Thieves into a success, says uncle Phil

https://segmentnext.com/2019/06/26/xbox-game-pass-sea-of-thieves/

At launch, and I read all the same feedback everybody else did was: ‘Where’s the other half of the game?’”But continued improvements through the Xbox game pass had resulted in becoming a late success”

Last edited:
Back