CTR R - Crash Team Remastering Raced

milk

Like Verified
Veteran
All my old PSone dreams are now officially made true. I've got my cgi quality remake of the Crash trilogy, of Spyro trilogy and now, the cherry on top, a remaster of what in my opinion was the best damn kart racer ever made. CTR.

Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled is set to release on June 21, 2019 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch.

You can pre-order the Standard Edition right now for $40.

I am excited, both emotionally and sexually.

Last edited:
All my old PSone dreams are now officially made true. I've got my cgi quality remake of the Crash trilogy, of Spyro trilogy and now, the cherry on top, a remaster of what in my opinion was the best damn kart racer ever made. CTR.

I am excited, both emotionally and sexually.
60 fps only on PS4 Pro and XBX. PC also, I guess.

Nitro-Fueled has a steady frame rate of 30 frames per second on the original PlayStation 4 hardware, but those of you with an Xbox One X and/or PlayStation 4 Pro will be able to enjoy the game at a solid 60 frames per second when all is said and done. These will no doubt be the superior versions of Nitro-Fueled, though there’s nothing wrong with taking the game on the portable front with the Switch, if you can step away from Mario Kart 8 long enough.

https://www.mmogames.com/gamearticles/crash-team-racing-hands-on/

60 fps only on PS4 Pro and XBX. PC also, I guess.

Nitro-Fueled has a steady frame rate of 30 frames per second on the original PlayStation 4 hardware, but those of you with an Xbox One X and/or PlayStation 4 Pro will be able to enjoy the game at a solid 60 frames per second when all is said and done. These will no doubt be the superior versions of Nitro-Fueled, though there’s nothing wrong with taking the game on the portable front with the Switch, if you can step away from Mario Kart 8 long enough.

https://www.mmogames.com/gamearticles/crash-team-racing-hands-on/
Beware, 60fps on mid-gen is not confirmed by the devs

Mario kart 8 looks great at 60fps on switch. Slightly better graphics sure are nice, but at the cost of frame rate they are not worth it, I think the devs have put their priorities in the wrong place. It should be 60fps on base consoles, including switch, it would still have looked incredible even with that tighter target.

Would love to know what the visual downgrade to hit 60 fps is. IIRC very few kart games over the years since MK have hit 60 fps. The PS3 ones, LBP Karting and...the other one with create-your-own-levels, were 30 fps and dreadful.

Would love to know what the visual downgrade to hit 60 fps is. IIRC very few kart games over the years since MK have hit 60 fps. The PS3 ones, LBP Karting and...the other one with create-your-own-levels, were 30 fps and dreadful.
which games? I mean, Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed runs at 60 fps on my PC.

The standard should be Nintendo style when it comes to those kind of games. My best friend of childhood has been here this past weekend and we got Wii, WiiU, Nintendo 64, GC, SNES emulators running, plus we played some of my games on Steam -sports games, like tennis, or Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed-, and he has a Switch IRL he is very good at Mario Kart 8 for the WiiU. The response of the game is excellent and I wonder how CTR is going to be played well at 30 fps.

Of course, he had the original PSX back at the time, and CTR gave us tons of hours of fun playing it split screen, local multiplayer. So the same framerate like in the past -whatever the origina lframerate was, shouldn't hurt that much-. But I don't see the logic here, because the difference would be very noticeable.

Mario kart 8 looks great at 60fps on switch. Slightly better graphics sure are nice, but at the cost of frame rate they are not worth it, I think the devs have put their priorities in the wrong place. It should be 60fps on base consoles, including switch, it would still have looked incredible even with that tighter target.
had never tried Mario Kart 8 until this weekend and I am surprised at how good the graphics -specially the art style- are.

As for CTR, it is going to be interesting to know the differences in lap times between players running the game on "30 fps platforms" and people running it on "60 fps platforms".

had never tried Mario Kart 8 until this weekend and I am surprised at how good the graphics -specially the art style- are.

As for CTR, it is going to be interesting to know the differences in lap times between players running the game on "30 fps platforms" and people running it on "60 fps platforms".
You mean on PC ? :rolleyes:

ITS COMONG TO SWITCH?>?!!!! omigod! i didnt know it hahaha. awsome!

impromptu side-by-side multiplayer will be fun!

Back