Red Dead Redemption 2

FPS view is nice to explore and look at all the little details, but not for gameplay purpose, at least for me, it's not responsive as a FPS should be.
There is the same inertia as in third person view when you have to turn while running etc...

For me it mostly comes down to "this here is not me. This is Cowboy-man I'm playing as. Or Trevor. Or Michael. Or *insert personality of your choice* here.
Sure, I'm also not the Doom marine. But unlike in your typical character driven tps game, I feel like that's who I'm supposed to be. If that makes any sense. It does to me.

Last edited:
Finished it yesterday at last (main story i mean)
I really liked it. I hope the Rumor of RDR1 remake in 2 is real, because i had not finished the first one.

I enjoyed RDR2 immensely despite many of the frustrating design choices which slowed the game down quite deliberately. However it has just dawned on me that this is the first Rockstar game that I've ever bought, played through but not started another playthrough within a month. Even now I have zero compulsion to dive in again.

While I remember enjoying it, in my mind I recall the controls were awful and it was very slow to play, neither of which are appealing to me.

Ironically, I have just started re-playing the Witcher 3 and one of the joys of that game is just wandering around on my horse in a massive, beautiful open world having crazy adventures. While the Witcher 3 also has control issues, it's so much more fun to play than RDR2.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think both would require significant work that would be considered unnecessary and costly.

Okay ,after got bored with the SP, I tried the MP.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAH BOOOORING

Worst 30 dollars I've spent :(

Too bad sony Asia doesn't have refund policy

However it has just dawned on me that this is the first Rockstar game that I've ever bought, played through but not started another playthrough within a month. Even now I have zero compulsion to dive in again.

Yup, neither have I. It's the really slow start that works on your first play through but which drags if you just want to get going.
Best to just keep playing after the credits roll if you just want to explore and complete certain tasks.

Amazing amount of content and quality in the game though. It's the closest an open world game has felt real to me in that the people walking around aren't just props but actually feel like they belong, to the point of where the amount of enemies you have to deal with on missions actually broke my immersion.

I saw the DF video. It's better, but the SDR is still more vibrant IMO, and based on the YT video (yes, I watched it in HDR).
And the blurry PS4Pro version still not fixed is a shame. Well done Rockstar.

I saw the DF video. It's better, but the SDR is still more vibrant IMO, and based on the YT video (yes, I watched it in HDR).
And the blurry PS4Pro version still not fixed is a shame. Well done Rockstar.
vibrant by DF video standards? Or do you say that 'cos the game is really more vibrant with SDR?

Judging from the DF video, the game looks very bad using SDR, everyone's face is too red, the grass looks too green for the setting.., etc

vibrant by DF video standards? Or do you say that 'cos the game is really more vibrant with SDR?

Judging from the DF video, the game looks very bad using SDR, everyone's face is too red, the grass looks too green for the setting.., etc

More vibrant than hdr. I agree agree for the faces/red. But the blues and greens look better to me. HDR looks washed out.

RDR2 doesn' t look like that at all in SDR. The DF video is a hot pile of misleading crap.

RDR2 doesn' t look like that at all in SDR. The DF video is a hot pile of misleading crap.
wonder if they are going to explain what's going on with the images. Because they found out RDR 2 had fake HDR, but SDR material in their video and the images looks totally off too.

Back