Octopath Traveller [PC]

pharma

Legend
Heard good things about this game. If the rumor is true will definitely play it.
Soon, PC players may also get the chance to experience this game. The Game Rating and Administration Committee of Korea recently published a listing for Octopath Traveller on PC. It is listed as being published as Bandai Namco, which seems unusual at first, but Bandai Namco and Square Enix seem to regularly partner up for publishing games on Korea specifically, according to Gematsu.

If Octopath Traveller does come to PC, it is unlikely that it will only be released on Korea. E3 is coming up in just two months and the game will officially be one-year old in June, so perhaps we’ll hear some official news on this around that time.
https://www.kitguru.net/gaming/matthew-wilson/octopath-traveller-might-be-heading-to-pc-this-year/

Awesome!
just be prepared to use cheats / memory hacks to get the full enjoyment, if you are like me: hates mindless grinding.

the game design is super weird in some places

- difficulty spike so hard, forcing you to gather "friends" by completing each character 1 or 2 chapter.
- the 1st chapter ALWAYS THE SAME for all characters (in town, trouble, go to dungeon nearby)
- some characters have super boring first few chapters, complete with the usual "errand boy/girl" trope. Fortunately they patched in "skits" that sometimes hilariously comments on that.
- there is an "overarching story" but its not-on-your-face, so you may miss it
- each characters are in their own story bubble. so if you have full party, the story bad guys still says "ha! how stupid are you coming alone!". But mingle together in "skits".
- if a town gonna be used by multiple charcters, it will have stupid wooden plank in the way, and you will say something like "im not supposed to go here"
- cutscenes and the town are not synchronized. so for example, enemy run to left but you chase to right.

it also have lots of QoL features
- rates of encounter can be changed
- each person can use any subclass
- fast travel with bright green objective on map

I love jRPGs but hate grinding so I kind of hate jRPGs. This is the reason I haven't picked up FFXV.

I love jRPGs but hate grinding so I kind of hate jRPGs. This is the reason I haven't picked up FFXV.
But ffxv have no need for grinding

Even when I was tons underleveled, the game still works fine.

Because contrary to common JRPG where level is everything, FFXV allows you to exploit gameplay mechanics and encounter location.
Of course if you want to collect everything and complete all quests, it becomes a grind

But ffxv have no need for grinding

Even when I was tons underleveled, the game still works fine.

Because contrary to common JRPG where level is everything, FFXV allows you to exploit gameplay mechanics and encounter location.
Of course if you want to collect everything and complete all quests, it becomes a grind
So you don't have to grind if you exploit stupid AI and game mechanics? Lol!

So you don't have to grind if you exploit stupid AI and game mechanics? Lol!
The ai actually way smarter than common jrpg

The game mechanics also way more diverse

The easiest to exploit is the alchemy / bomb / magic.

But for those that don't want to play creatively and prefer to play without going deep into the various mechanics, grinding also a viable choice

In that aspect it was a bit like zelda breath of the wild

You can go (with) under leveled (equipment) but you must be creative and can quickly exploit anything you have, the enemy, the environment

Back