Upgrading Flibberty, thank you Sxotty!!!

digitalwanderer

wandering
Legend
Just got Windows 10 on to a flash drive to install to a (hopefully) now functional SSD to install in to the new Z68 mobo with 16GB and a 2500k that Sxotty gave me in to my daughter's PC. Also gonna try and bring an old 7950 back to life to add to her GPU oomph. (If not she'll get my GTX 680 and I'll be back with a 5870, full circle! :p )

My sincerest thanks again to Sxotty, this is really gonna help her out and get her a lot more productivity in her studies/art. Would you believe that people actually need high end computers for things besides games? Who'd of thunk it?

I'll take some picts and post before/after stuff, please remember before you throw your old hardware away to consider posting up to see if anyone could use it. One person's garbage truly is another man's treasure!

It's all done and working fantastic, only trouble was I had to pull the GTX 680 from my rig and put it in hers since the 7950 is still quite dead on the display out. Her new PC is fantastic, as a bonus the "dead" SSD I tried in it that I had attempted to repair not only works but it booted to her old windows 10 install from her last laptop, didn't even have to reinstall 10 just update the hell out of it plus an SSD for the OS and two 750GB HDD don't suck too bad. :)

Pictures later, I think my wife is gonna take me on a road show for upgrade parts for MY pc now! :D

Back