Kingdom Hearts 3 [XO, PS4]

Oh and the biggest pain in the ass for me is that the game won’t allow you to change control scheme, so X is attack, O is jump. Which is literally the opposite as most other games I’ve played and my brain still needs to get used to it after 14 hours. Stupid.

What seriously?

PS4 have system level rebinding right? Does it allow per game profile?

Where is the 1080p mode?

You need to set it on the main PS4 menu - which is a pain but it’s ok, I’m not playing anything else at the moment.

Also, regarding the tech... I just got to the Pirates of the Caribbean stage and oh my god. It literally looks like a different game, just in terms of the amount of detail compared to the other worlds. Breathtaking and much more impressive than what I saw on the trailers.

It makes most of the other worlds look a bit shit in comparison.

Weirdest of all, even the AA and general IQ is much, much better than on other worlds. So strange.

Last edited:
I pre-ordered years ago for some reason. After 4 hours I'm done. This is an awful game. Nothing makes sense, the combat is button mashing, the camera is bad, the graphics are bad, the voice acting is rock bottom, etc.

I wished this was simply a long running series about going to Disney worlds in which you had to foil Malificent's and Pete's evil schemes. (she'd be comparable to a Saturday morning villain like Dr. Claw or Skeletor) The huge cast of spikey-haired K-Pop members has always been a nigh-impenetrable barrier and a colossal bore to me.
It's also really disappointing that the bosses are mostly just random looking monsters now. We used to fight Medusa or Hades or the hunter from Tarzan at the end of a KH world - way more fitting and a heck of a lot more memorable than a giant flower-looking thingie wrapping around Rapunzel's tower.
Disney should be the main attraction here, yet with each new KH game the mouse house seems to become more and more of an afterthought.

Last edited:
Can’t really argue with that.

I love the game, always loved the series, and for the life of my I cannot understand what the hell is going on half the time, or who these people are, even after reading countless “explanations” and watching videos on YouTube. There’s just so many bloody people, and copies of them, and other versions of them!

I simply cannot understand why Namura would actually create something that by now simply makes no sense anymore.

But I’m still loving it. And apparently the game has a full, satisfactory big finale so at least I can look forward to that.

Does the save points get denser as you get more into the game? Now it feels like it is 20-30 minutes between any place you can save?

Does the save points get denser as you get more into the game? Now it feels like it is 20-30 minutes between any place you can save?

They’re generously distributed especially at the end of the game. Finished last night.

To be honest it’s hardly a difficult game anyway so I don’t think you’ll have much of a problem getting through most things. I only died a bunch of times with two big bosses in the game. I’m now going through endgame stuff so I’m sure things will pick up in difficulty.

Can’t really argue with that.

I love the game, always loved the series, and for the life of my I cannot understand what the hell is going on half the time, or who these people are, even after reading countless “explanations” and watching videos on YouTube. There’s just so many bloody people, and copies of them, and other versions of them!

I simply cannot understand why Namura would actually create something that by now simply makes no sense anymore.

But I’m still loving it. And apparently the game has a full, satisfactory big finale so at least I can look forward to that.

Nomura is like the M. Knight Shamayalan of the games industry. Had a few massive hits like FFVII, X and the original Kingdom Hearts. And ever since then no-one's been willing to say no to the guy I'm afraid. Until he comes out with his version of Lady in the Water (some would argue he came pretty close or even went there with FFXIII), that's probably not going to change either.

Finished the game yesterday. It really does come together by the end stages. Honestly I’ve never screamed OMG COOL! EPIC! like a little kid so much for a long time.

Probably gonna borrow it from my gf when I'm bored with RE2. I think Birth By Sleep was my favorite entry in the series so far. Dream Drop Distance was probably the weakest. Cool 3DS showcase though.

Finished the game yesterday. It really does come together by the end stages. Honestly I’ve never screamed OMG COOL! EPIC! like a little kid so much for a long time.

Does the story pace goes faster?

Currently the gameplay is blazing fast but the story moves like

I pre-ordered years ago for some reason. After 4 hours I'm done. This is an awful game. Nothing makes sense, the combat is button mashing, the camera is bad, the graphics are bad, the voice acting is rock bottom, etc.
I didn't play (not a fan), but my friend did and you know he's disappointed too. He feels like he's deceived - after huge hype about the game it turned out to be not good.

To make things worse, it doesn't have any ability to change the various audio volume

The dialogue generally too loud , drowning the music.

Even more annoying when they won't stop blabbering nonsense.

I wished this was simply a long running series about going to Disney worlds in which you had to foil Malificent's and Pete's evil schemes. (she'd be comparable to a Saturday morning villain like Dr. Claw or Skeletor) The huge cast of spikey-haired K-Pop members has always been a nigh-impenetrable barrier and a colossal bore to me.

My feelings exactly. I never understood why the hell Disney, which is usually so protective of their IP's allowed a game to pair hands down some of the most historically recognizable Western cartoon characters with the most commercial, tasteless and nonsensical version of Japanese anime characters. The equivalent in the reverse would be a western studio pairing Akira with Ben10 or GI-Joe, as if those were on comparable levels. Worse actually, because Ben10 or GI-Joe are at least reasonably established. The characters of KH are complete nobodies. So Pair Akira with a Hanna Montana Montanta inspired jazzy and fashony girl drawn in a copy-paste approximation of Adventure Time and Sponge Bob's art style, or whatever else is hot in cartoon Network at this time and that will look aged in less than a decade from now.
I consider this whole series a spit in the face of Disney. And I'm not even a disney fanatic. I actually think as a corporation they drag both entertainment and cinema down more than they push it up, and their classic works are far from perfect. I dislike their over-hygienization and simplistic moralism, but credit must be given where it's due. For a studio as market driven/focused as Disney, they could do a lot fucking worse. With all their lame safe-playing, their classic feature animations are genuine pieces of art, from the hands of some of the finest illustrator and animators of the past century. You don't pay a homage to that sticking final fucking fantasy popedy pop shit on it. It's completely out of place. And that people play it and just go with it is incomprehensible to me. Seriously, that kind of thing makes my blood boil. But it's because I am an amateur animator myself. I care about aesthetical coherency, and about the aesthetical "soul" of things. And KH and Dinsey simply don't fit together. It's like telling Led Zeppelin to play along with Ke$ha. If hardcore Disney fans were not all nerdy infantilized submissive introverted manbabies who also happen to like anime (obviously, because 99% of anime is designed specifically to appeal to nerdy introvert manbabies) they would have set Square Enix on fire the moment the first images of the first KH were made public. I mean, that is what Led Zeppelin fans would have done, and even those guys are mostly middle aged beerbellied bank accountants and bald engineers, they might not be as rock-'n'-roll as they see themselves as, but they at least have half a testicle working. You can't say that about a Disney fan (or Nintendo fan)

ok, this rant got way too emotional. I guess it shows how dear the subject is to me.

Last edited:
My feelings exactly. I never understood why the hell Disney, which is usually so protective of their IP's allowed a game to pair hands down some of the most historically recognizable Western cartoon characters with the most commercial, tasteless and nonsensical version of Japanese anime characters. The equivalent in the reverse would be a western studio pairing Akira with Ben10 or GI-Joe, as if those were on comparable levels. Worse actually, because Ben10 or GI-Joe are at least reasonably established. The characters of KH are complete nobodies. So Pair Akira with a Hanna Montana Montanta inspired jazzy and fashony girl drawn in a copy-paste approximation of Adventure Time and Sponge Bob's art style, or whatever else is hot in cartoon Network at this time and that will look aged in less than a decade from now.
I consider this whole series a spit in the face of Disney. And I'm not even a disney fanatic. I actually think as a corporation they drag both entertainment and cinema down more than they push it up, and their classic works are far from perfect. I dislike their over-hygienization and simplistic moralism, but credit must be given where it's due. For a studio as market driven/focused as Disney, they could do a lot fucking worse. With all their lame safe-playing, their classic feature animations are genuine pieces of art, from the hands of some of the finest illustrator and animators of the past century. You don't pay a homage to that sticking final fucking fantasy popedy pop shit on it. It's completely out of place. And that people play it and just go with it is incomprehensible to me. Seriously, that kind of thing makes my blood boil. But it's because I am an amateur animator myself. I care about aesthetical coherency, and about the aesthetical "soul" of things. And KH and Dinsey simply don't fit together. It's like telling Led Zeppelin to play along with Ke$ha. If hardcore Disney fans were not all nerdy infantilized submissive introverted manbabies who also happen to like anime (obviously, because 99% of anime is designed specifically to appeal to nerdy introvert manbabies) they would have set Square Enix on fire the moment the first images of the first KH were made public. I mean, that is what Led Zeppelin fans would have done, and even those guys are mostly middle aged beerbellied bank accountants and bald engineers, they might not be as rock-'n'-roll as they see themselves as, but they at least have half a testicle working. You can't say that about a Disney fan (or Nintendo fan)

ok, this rant got way too emotional. I guess it shows how dear the subject is to me.
The older games had some FF7 and FF8 characters. 3 has none of those either????

Back