Sony VR Headset/Project Morpheus/PlayStation VR

Realtime 3D rendering, you're never going to have 6DOF real life video. How would you even accomplish that without rendering everything as 3D models?

Hell, RL VR videos can't even get side to side head translation correct or moving the head forwards and backwards correct. At best they are relatively believable with head rotation (looking right, left, up, down but not actually moving the head left, right, up or down), although they still have problems with separation of images the further from center you go.

Regards,
SB

Jonatha bell on Psvr is 3d rendering and real life recording.

6 DoF

But only around for a meter

depens on the game. Time detective thingy thats free on PSN looks PS4 quality in PSVR.

Yes, sorry... I should have said the bigger experience AAA type games like borderlands and Skyrim. The criticism at the quality of PSVR is imo unjust but games are designed with its limitations in mind.

Yeah it’s video(s) projected onto geometry I think?

Yeah it's probably like that. But the humans are so smooth. How many polygon was that.

Admittedly, otehr stuff like the floor behind you are skewy, and the reflections are a mixed bag

Sony introduce a rather cool controller idea, and then charge way too much for it. £119

Hmph. The autoplay video after that one shows it's not a Sony idea at all! 3DRidder has been out since beginning of year.

Sony introduce a rather cool controller idea, and then charge way too much for it. £119

Hmph. The autoplay video after that one shows it's not a Sony idea at all! 3DRidder has been out since beginning of year.

I will never for the life of me understand why Sony didn't just use something similar to this simple mod.

All the way back from 2012....Playstation DualPlay made by Playhouse Studio from Winnipeg.
j9IJV7cLtqvCOKLsd6cTbSX4etQsSLPYX0EjwXq84-U-555x368.jpg

breach.gif

Imo... they should have had something like this for various types of games for at least this generation....then a revision for the PS5.

Meanwhile I am still playing Beat Saber [emoji28]. Slowly passing more and more songs on Expert+ with only the slower mod, and sometimes even without, and the new song pack is a really nice addition too.

Yes they talk about it in the video, you go through a long calibration process at the begining of the game to "scan" your morphology.

Great, thanks!

I have a base PS4. I wonder if titles such as RE 7 and Skyrim VR are worth it.
I played Skyrim VR on base PS4. PSVR wasn't a good fit for me and was blurry and hard to focus. But even factoring that in, I couldn't see why people were making such a fuss about Skyrim. I found the combat silly, waving a sword around arbitrarily, and shooting a bow was impossible because it was so blurry you couldn't see where the arrows landed. Of course, the majority of PSVR users seem to have a very different impression of the game to me. ;)

I will add though that the 3D presence was pretty strong, and as I recall the game now, I notice I'm remembering it from inside the game, recalling the ride into town on the cart and looking about. That's quite unique and impactful.

Back