The Division 2

At the moment I dont participate in a Clan and therefore I would like join (sended a fried request). Dont wonder why I am using a female character. I played the first game for ca. 800 hours as a male character and this time I just wanted to try something new.

To be killed by other players with pink weapons, clothing and a crazy style is often one of the greatest humiliations in PvP.

I suck at PVP in this one, I can't kill people at all even when I get the jump on them. Seems like they're headshotting me good and I'm not headshotting them back. This is in a normalized PVP zone, so I'm pretty surprised.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paulta...the-division-2s-raid-on-console/#2deef73a3a59

Two Days, No Clears: Something Has To Be Done About The Division 2’s Raid On Console

It’s not that the raid is too hard. It’s that the raid is too hard on console. I can’t remember seeing a divide this stark between content on PC and console, but that’s precisely what’s unfolding here. The Division 2’s raid is very tough on PC, and has only been cleared by a handful of teams compared to the larger player population. The world’s first clear, before any of the mechanics were known, was five hours. Long, but not unreasonable, and now we have PC teams speedrunning the thing in thirty minutes now that they’ve figured out optimal strategies.

And yet console players simply don’t have a prayer. I’m seeing horror stories of teams being stuck on the first boss for 10 hours. Teams making it to the final boss but giving up after 11 hours. No matter how much coordination there is, no matter how min-maxed these players are, it’s very clear that this was a raid designed on PC and tested on PC and it simply does not work as a viable endgame activity on console.

Again, one of the problems here is that nothing is going to change unless Massive changes it. High-end console players now have builds that pretty much cannot get any better. All the optimal strategies for every encounter are well-known. But with the cap stuck at 500, even given a few more weeks, no one is going to overlevel for it to make it easier like we see with Destiny raids. And so yes, it does seem like Massive has to nerf the raid to some extent on console.

Interesting subject. Personally I would not assume that the PC version was made simpler. The higher frame rate and the differences in aiming alone make a significant difference.

Just mouse and keyboard alone would make for a massive world of difference in difficulty. Even with aim assist, higher skilled players on PC will be able to react (turning and aiming) far faster than the best console players using a controller. Higher framerates just makes it even easier for PC players.

Basically to even things out, they need to go in and make the raids easier on console versus attempting to keep the difficulty the same. The hard part is attempting to make the console difficulty match the feel of the PC difficulty.

That's something hard to do. Usually games are tuned for console difficulty levels and thus feel extremely easy on PC. I find it interesting that this time difficulty was turned to PC difficulty levels.

Although if M&KB becomes more prevalent on console, the more correct terminology would be M&KB difficulty versus console controller difficulty.

Regards,
SB

I've been waiting for this:

New New York (south Manhatten) open world. The part with the collapsed bridge and the oil tanker is my favourite.

Last edited:
Well done Video:

I think The DIvision 2: Warlords of New York is very good. It is visually violent and of course a step forward compared to New York City from the first part but atmospherically it could still be weaker than the first game. Since in TD1 the feeling of isolation from the snow and the lack of people was better. Warlords of New York scores in other aspects (destroyed city, civilians and allies are more alive, etc.).

There have also been other gameplay changes to the TD 2 base game and this expansion has more vertical firefights. It cost around $30 and it feels like a smaller extra game with an open world. It also doesn't look recycled because many of the surrounding objects are new.

With a successor, I hope for more a stronger survival focus with less mass stuff which you can find. Possibly. you could also add some big events. I'm now talking about sequences like those in Crysis 2 (collapsing bridge, etc.). Some areas are now remind me of Crysis 2 and maybe they are the same locations. This time this game takes place in in the southern part of Manhattan (TD1 was Midtown).

Very nice video About the visuals of the game

@Malo
I've just left your clan because I want to get more stuff trough clan points (joined a clan with mmany members I know). Please don't take it personally. Since we also live in completely different time zones, we saw each other very rarely,

Back