Baseless Next Generation Rumors with no Technical Merits [pre E3 2019] *spawn*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Devs will advise on what there biggest bottlenecks are and what would make there lives easier, Cerny himself will have a lot of knowledge on the matter.

Sony's big first party studio's will know what they want but it will come down to budget and hardware limitations. I have no doubt that the next gen consoles will be the best they can possibly be within those limitations.

We just need some solid info on Navi and we will be able to predict what we going to get quite accurately.

I feel confident that an eight core Ryzen and 16GB of ram is what we will get it's just the graphics part and hopefully some ssd scratch pad that I'm unsure on.

It was in the 360 uncloaked book, but it's a bit of a fantastical hyperbolic story that doesn't bring up the whole decision making process; it wasn't just Epic trying to make the case for more memory (and that's aside from other things that developers wanted such as a standardized HDD, HD-DVD etc).

Well considering who the author of the book turned out to be the concerns about its authenticity make sense.

Another random leak from the dark corner of the interweb.
Questionable ram setup and weak gpu give me the fake vibe.
*Ignore all that, rumor debunked, was just speculation from a Reddit member.
<div class="reddit-embed" data-embed-media="www.redditmedia.com" data-embed-parent="false" data-embed-live="false" data-embed-uuid="22367ff9-2649-4c1e-a270-808361046ac7" data-embed-created="2019-03-22T01:13:04.508Z"><a href=" ">Comment</a> from discussion <a href=" ">Updated AMD Gonzalo GPU</a>.</div><script async src="https://www.redditstatic.com/comment-embed.js"></script>

Last edited:
That’s more or less where I would expect $399 to land. Even then it still seems very good.
Not with the amount of ram and it would only take 100mhz increase to reach 10 TF+, easily done on a 7nm. Why stuck at 9.xxx at all?
Glad it's confirmed to be fake.

You can reach 9.216 in a number of ways.

2 flops x 64 ALU/CU x (72000) CU*MHz

48 x 1500 = 72 x 1000 = ....... etc

Anyways.

Not with the amount of ram and it would only take 100mhz increase to reach 10 TF+, easily done on a 7nm.
Just as an aside, the preliminary info for 7nmFF & Zen 2 indicated that perf per watt didnt scale as much compared to power at isoperformance (vs 14nmFF) so it might not be that easy depending on what we’re comparing. Maybe that’s just a symptom of the node being targeted at mobile? not sure. My memory is fuzzy.

Anyways, it’s kinda early to lock down clocks for a 2020 console. There are other overhead cost factors at play though, so being conservative on chip yields might go a long ways for an inherently expensive node compared to the nodes of yesteryear.

Last edited:
Just as an aside, the preliminary info for 7nmFF & Zen 2 indicated that perf per watt didnt scale as much compared to power at isoperformance (vs 14nmFF) so it might not be that easy depending on what we’re comparing. Maybe that’s just a symptom of the node being targeted at mobile? not sure. My memory is fuzzy.

Anyways, it’s kinda early to lock down clocks for a 2020 console. There are other overhead cost factors at play though, so being conservative on chip yields might go a long ways for an inherently expensive node compared to the nodes of yesteryear.
Ah interesting to know but in worst case scenario they'll have a vapor chamber just to hit the clock they wanted.
Also Foxy Games UK has their own 2c to share, I doubt it's anything credible rather more like their own deduction from the recent 14.2 TF rumor.
PS5
11.6 TF Navi
16 Gig GDDR6
Zen 2 at 3.3 Ghz
Performance close to 2070 and vega 64.
It's a far more realistic proposal than anything on either spectrum but anyone can compile something like this tho.

Doubt any home console will run over 2.7 GHz due to thermals and power efficiency.

Why doesn't a cloud system run over 2.7 GHz then? It doesnt have to be as concerned with acoustics and thermals.

Why doesn't a cloud system run over 2.7 GHz then? It doesnt have to be as concerned with acoustics and thermals.

Perhaps they are using Intel Xeon processors with high core counts serving multiple users simultaneously per chip. Those run at a lower clock speeds than 4-8 core chips and if you are targeting 60fps, they should provide more than enough speed for that.

Wasn't it a claim by Epic that they influenced the RAM amount?

And gearbox claimed they influenced Nintendo's decision to upgrade the original shield's 3GB to 4GB lpddr4.

Then again, Randy Pitchford is full of shit so it might be a lie.

GDC is over and we aren't getting any reliabe rumours yet.
Isn't it weird?
Maybe it's too soon for consoles releasing in 18 months?

Another point: suppose we get reliable rumours now: will they match the final product so early this time? Remember Xbox 360 games running on Macs few months before launch?

GDC is over and we aren't getting any reliabe rumours yet.
Isn't it weird?
Maybe it's too soon for consoles releasing in 18 months?

Another point: suppose we get reliable rumours now: will they match the final product so early this time? Remember Xbox 360 games running on Macs few months before launch?
Thats surprising for me too.

Devs will be told what the performance and specs to expect. The development box has nothing to do with it, it's just a way to allow early development to start when it's not using actual silicon.

I think it's been pretty interesting that AMD has been so quite about Navi.
Especially in regards to gdc, expected a talk on optimizing for x feature etc. It would benefit them to get devs taking into account any feature it may have.
Last thing they need is it to come out and look crap. Those early reviews can linger on.
Was last rumor of it releasing 1H?
In fact if it is 1H then actually revealing it at gdc may not have been to soon.

Not hearing about Navi, and consoles is a shame, hopefully leaks will break

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back