What are you playing now? [2018-2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm playing BallisticNG right now. I like it quite a lot. I also own "Red Out: Enhanced Edition" which offers an interesting control scheme and prettier graphics.
May be it is nostalgia but it is just feel great like the old WipeOut while being more forgiving. Better than the WipeOut I tried on the PSP. The graphic are dated and there is a lovely retro option.
Red Out control scheme is actually pretty great but so far the track design and overall experience did not caugh me as much as Ballistic (could also be familiarity). Red out feels more like a greatly improved F-Zero than a WipeOut game. BallisticNG catches the ball where the three first iterations of the Wipe OUt series left it (/PS1 era). The nostalgia afflicted fans have to love it ;)

8€ well spent.

I can't tell. The graphics are close between Ballisitics and BallisticNG: same style and dated though one is purposefully a retro not demanding games.

Starlink (Switch)
Pretty impressive porting job on Ubisoft's behalf. Lovely looking game. Thanks to another Nintendo cooperation I don't have to live with Ubisoft's painfully lame cast of 1990s-style politically correct Saturday morning cartoon characters either. Instead I can just pick Starfox (who is also lame, but at least he doesn't use the term "dude" all the time). That said, the game is very, very Ubisoft in every way. So goddamned many repetitive tasks that fill up boring progress bars. I also don't really get why I should buy the toys. This isn't a Lego Dimensions type of deal where you need them to access specific content. Seems like you'd simply get more space ships which serve the same functions as the spaceships which are part of the base game.

I really need to play this thing. MH soulds like it was just about tailor-made for my tastes. Just need to climb that initial hurdle. Supposedly Dragon's Dogma was heavily influenced by it, and as far as I'm concerned DD is just about the best thing in the history of ever.
You should. The game is phenomenal.

Messing around this game in Photo mode is pretty addictive..
186kdw.png

3aokhs.png

https://abload.de/img/2d3kg1.png

beat saber! with the release of the new crappy song (i wish i have PCVR, so i can add songs that i like), gonna play for hours after work!

You should. The game is phenomenal.
MHW is total borefest with cumbersome UI.

Dragons dogma, AWESOME if you can mod it. Without mod the game have tons of tiny annoyances
- very limited sprinting
- cant change character look
- cant fast travel
maybe some more but i cant remember....

did they fixed that with the PC re-release?

More DoA 6 goodness, I wonder how sweet they would look with next gen cloth, hair, muscle deformation and tessellation.
128jme.png

2kdkia.png

MHW is total borefest with cumbersome UI.

Dragons dogma, AWESOME if you can mod it. Without mod the game have tons of tiny annoyances
- very limited sprinting
- cant change character look
- cant fast travel
maybe some more but i cant remember....

did they fixed that with the PC re-release?

What you call annoyances I call gameplay systems.

Limited sprinting is a gameplay choice (and by the time you reach the end game you can sprint a hell of a long time)
Everything else isn't really true. You cannot fast travel for quite a while, but the whole traveling aspect is a very deliberate and imo vital component of the game. It's not a Ubi game. It has inconvenience built-in. It wants you to be cought out in the open with your pants down when night time comes. Still, once you reach a certain point in the game you can absolutely fast travel with the port crystals. It's not an unlimited system like in Skyrim, but it's enough to get you from place to place quickly. Afterall the world isn't that big. You'll be able to change your look as well eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back