Stadia, Google Game Streaming platform [2019-2021]

I wonder if the 10TFlop the single instance has is a clue to what next gen might provide? It is using AMD tech.
I also wonder how they plan to deliver 8k 60 fps, or 4k 60 fps even, and I mean true resolutions like they promise. Hype -10000

They must have a lot of excess rack space and electricity in these data centers if they're looking to adopt 100+ million people soaking up hundreds of watts worth of cpu+gpu each that were previously playing consoles, mobile, or just streaming youtube videos.

I also wonder how they plan to deliver 8k 60 fps, or 4k 60 fps even, and I mean true resolutions like they promise. Hype -10000
They can distribute the processing over several chips <edit-snip>
A single chip is 10.7 TF, but they showcased that they can multi-chip as well.
If a developer wants to make a monster title, I suppose they can link more chips together as part of their code.

Only been able to listen to some of it, but hopefully they have 1P studio's to do some of the stuff their talking about

Look at Kennet and ms just to see what happens when you don't support your own tech. Because very few others can justify making widely different versions of games.

They can distribute the processing over several chips on demand.
A single chip is 10.7 TF, but they showcased that they can multi-chip as well.
this sounds like they are using something like AMD Link.

Another question is..., how do they implement SLI or Quad technologies? 'cos they tend to be energy inefficient to some extent

exactly, their Youtube app on the PS4 Pro have trouble playing 4k/60fps without micro stutters and that is with healthy buffer

It's about being able to stream that fedelity.
I'm pretty confident they'll be able to. It's envietable. They already do 4K streaming on youtube. Better compression algorithms etc can be done as they wait for pipes to get larger.

I'm pretty confident they'll be able to. It's envietable. They already do 4K streaming on youtube. Better compression algorithms etc can be done as they wait for pipes to get larger.

But thats not for live content. It takes several hours for 4k videos to become available after they're uploaded by content creators. YoutubeTV that is only 1080p deals with "live" video is anywhere from 12 to 35 seconds behind the live broadcast signal. Its amazing video quality, but not suitable for games with live reactions needed. In time they will get there, but not before 2025 by my estimates.

Buzzwords buzzwords... About something that isn't new.. And that all other parties are about to or are already offering. AMD must be happy though (we already know that since Lisa Su CES keynote anyway). All the game streaming platforms are powered by AMD GPUs (Stadia, MS Xcloud & most probably Sony).

The CPU is custom by Google? As in AMD had no involvement with the CPU?

The CPU is custom by Google? As in AMD had no involvement with the CPU?

They didnt list a manufacturer for the CPU. Could just as easily be AMD as someone else, but then they need compiler support which would have left fingerprints/clues elsewhere.

Back