Stadia, Google Game Streaming platform [2019-2021]

The Google Dreamcast
launching with Sega GT, Virtua Fighter 6, Daytona 4

And I am so IN!

If the Google console/device/streaming service were to offer that.

My guess is, an inexpensive SKU with device / micro-console for streaming in 1080p.

Full blown physical console with powerful hardware (beyond X1X) for native 4K gaming.

Google doesn't have (actually never had) any financial success with anything besides their ad business (which still generates over 90% of their $$). The company doesn't care about anything besides collecting user data for it's ad network. Those faithfull about them making anything (that Sony or Ms can't already do..) reasonably ethical or interesting in the gaming market are surely optimistic.
The've just closed their VR Studio today BTW and are also shutting down their Tablet/Laptop HW division in a few weeks.

The obvious route to try is game streaming to a billion Android devices (plus PC). Super low cost barrier to entry and potentially significant subscription revenue versus 30% cut of gaming sales.

The obvious route to try is game streaming to a billion Android devices (plus PC). Super low cost barrier to entry and potentially significant subscription revenue versus 30% cut of gaming sales.
That's what I "hope" they will do. Anything else (HW related) would be rediculous and a waste of $$ & time for them and more importantly the game developers (who they will money hat. )

That's what I "hope" they will do. Anything else (HW related) would be rediculous and a waste of $$ & time for them and more importantly the game developers (who they will money hat. )

If they put out a console as a trojan horse to data mine for their ad business, at least they will have to heavily subsidize it, both consoles and games.

Otherwise, why would people bother, unless they spend millions to secure some exclusive games?

I don't know about Android gaming either. Fortnite I understand installs by going around the Google Play store?

Meanwhile apps. with millions of downloads from Google Play are known to have distributed malware and the situation is even worse for apps. distributed outside the store.

Or just DOOM game streamed to compatible Android devices... play 5 minutes... skip ad play 3 minutes... skip ad.

https://www.slashgear.com/google-ch...r-support-likely-for-project-stream-15569848/

Google Chrome adds Switch controller support, likely for Project Stream

Google has teased its presence at GDC but it’s no mystery really by now. Or rather, all bets are on the company not only formally launching Project Stream but also a possible gaming device. Given Stream’s nature, that device could very well be running Chrome OS or even just a Chrome browser. If so, it will need some form of controller and although Google may already have one in the works, it’s almost a sign of good faith that it’s adding support for Nintendo’s Switch controllers, both wired and Bluetooth.

A change to Chromium, which serves as the foundations of Chrome and Chrome OS, improves support for the Nintendo Switch controllers, both the Switch Pro as well as the Joy-Cons. In particular, the improvement focuses on the Joy-Cons connected via USB when in the charging grip. By default, it is usually detected as a Bluetooth controller only.

This change curiously comes just days before Google’s hyped GDC announcement. Putting two and two together, there’s probably fewer reasons not to believe this is all for Project Stream. Google may even unveil its own controller if a recent patent made it in time to production.

Maybe their console will just be their "standardized PC configuration" [SteamBox lives!!!], enabling users to get nice local rendering of their cloud games [accessible via a same time subscription/game rent plan as all users of Google Streaming service].

Now rumors about Sega and Google joining forces emerge
no please, Sega no.

https://www.theweek.co.uk/gaming/10...ay-appear-next-week-specs-rumours-sega-launch

The name of the console seems to be Google Yeti.

gettyimages-645846622-2.jpg

the Yeti is coming. If you are scared of the Yeti you probably wont get the console, but that's the name they chose

Back