Halo MCC [PC]

I played some halo 4 with my friends not too long ago. Hologram is very fun. My friend and I were at a standoff with sniper rifles about 30 meters from each other. I was hiding in some rocks on Valhalla. I kept sending holograms at him to the point where he stopped shooting them. Then I actually ran at him just like the hologram did. Walked right up to him and blew his face off.

Nothing I can see about it being Xbox Play Anywhere title, but I would hope so.

They did say this on the order of the titles being chronological story order. They were kind to PC players, they can stop once they finish up ODST!

The Master Chief’s arrival on PC will happen in stages with each title releasing one by one over time -– giving the development teams the ability to ensure each one is right, while giving players a chance to jump in right away, rather than having to wait for the entire suite of games to be completed. Our current plan is for this journey to begin with the launch of Halo: Reach – the fictional beginnings of Master Chief’s saga – with the rest of the titles following in chronological order thereafter. Halo: Reach, Halo: Combat Evolved, Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo 3: ODST (Campaign), and Halo 4 will each be available for individual purchase within MCC as they become available. And each game will evolve and grow over time with community input.

Back when a few of us used to play Halo 3 somebody had hacked their controller to a m/kb. He went from being slightly above average to sniper god. Al and a couple others probly remember that.

Also if Al ever tries to play with you don't let him anywhere near a banshee if he's on your team.

Thats the HD remaster right?

When they say 'one title at a time', is that 'you gotta buy one title at a time' or 'pay for full collection now, get the titles as they come out'? Or option for either?

I used to play the old PC port of first game back in the day, have been super disappointed with MS for refusing to port the sequels.

A shame they're not all releasing together but so glad it's coming to Steam. :yes:
It's a strange decision in my eyes.
Strong multi player aspect, one of the few franchises that people would try the win store again for.
If they fixed the store, this could've been the face of a relaunch.
Most people expected it to be win store exclusive, so it was already excepted as such, so wouldn't be any outrage etc.

Suprised they didn't release it on win 7 with new support of dx12. /s

Not saying I think this is bad for gamers though.

Good 'ol LagBot or BanBot ( actual forum username of @Acert93 ) using his XIM360 adapter. Here's his thread about it from 2008 -- https://forum.beyond3d.com/threads/...-the-xbox-360-xim2-xim360.44405/#post-1242834
I think a large part of the problem was that he was getting gamepad level aim assist with m/kb. This used to be possible in Battlefield if you plugged in a controller and played with kb/m. Super OP.

Still I've seen people saying you can be just as competitive with gamepad as with kb/m. This is not true. An amazing gamepadder can hand with average/above averave kb/m but that doesn't prove anything. Put the best gamepadder against shroud and the results will not be surprising.

Woo, can't wait to play the Halo series on PC. Especially Reach. I think Reach may have surpassed Halo 1 for my favorite Halo game.

Strong multi player aspect, one of the few franchises that people would try the win store again for.
Most people expected it to be win store exclusive, so it was already excepted as such, so wouldn't be any outrage etc.

Force people to buy it on a slightly subpar store, or let a lot more people have access by putting it on the largest online store as well.

Basically do they want to be Epic or do they want people to actually play the game? :p

MS has released a lot of their games on the Steam store, either day and date, or after a delay. That hasn't happened yet for either Forza or Gears though, so I'm hoping they'll eventually release those on Steam as well.

For people that like to use other stores, I'd love to see MS release their games on GoG, Origins, etc. as well.

I'd imagine that if the Windows Store version has Play Anywhere, that the Steam version won't. So there might still be a reason to get it on the Windows Store.

Regards,
SB

Woo, can't wait to play the Halo series on PC. Especially Reach. I think Reach may have surpassed Halo 1 for my favorite Halo game.

Force people to buy it on a slightly subpar store, or let a lot more people have access by putting it on the largest online store as well.

Basically do they want to be Epic or do they want people to actually play the game? :p

MS has released a lot of their games on the Steam store, either day and date, or after a delay. That hasn't happened yet for either Forza or Gears though, so I'm hoping they'll eventually release those on Steam as well.

For people that like to use other stores, I'd love to see MS release their games on GoG, Origins, etc. as well.

I'd imagine that if the Windows Store version has Play Anywhere, that the Steam version won't. So there might still be a reason to get it on the Windows Store.

Regards,
SB
This is probably a longer off topic discussion.
Your describing a 3P publisher.
How many of their 1P games have gone to steam? I don't know, I'm not talking exclusives that are 2P games.
What your describing, they should release their games on PS also.

Steam is a competing store.
The same reason they bought all those studios to produce games for their platform, to add value.
It confused people why they released games day & date on gamepass, they did it because they was supporting their platform & service, not for the short term money that people thought they would be loosing out on.

I'm surprised that they didn't stagger the release to the windows store, and once it's all out then say it's also available on steam, since they really felt the need to bring it to steam do it as the full final product.

The problems with windows store is undeniable, but that just means they should be fixing them.

It's a bit different than Epic store. This is a 1P title, not a title that they spent money on to keep off other stores.
I'm not saying I think Epic is a good or bad thing by the way, just highlighting a fundamental difference.

Last edited:

If its split up by months or even over years I wonder if it will be a Game Pass thing. Each one will come up on game pass and they will use that as a way to get people into windows store

Back