Halo Master Chief Collection [H:MCC] [XO, XBSX|S, PC, XGP]

but never on Legendary without having to decrease the difficulty to Heroic in the hangar part.
What, you mean the second hangar on Cairo Station?

That's easy (if you abuse the game's mechanics, which you should because taking Halo 2 on legendary seriously is ridiculous).

Before leaving the first hangar, pick up and drop all of the plasma pistols in the room to prevent them from despawning. Use plasma pistol overcharge to drop elite shields, BR to headshot; even if you miss a lot, you've got lots of spare plasma pistol ammo in the previous room, so you can afford to play cautiously. IIRC there's extra BR ammo off to the right side of the room, where the stairs up to the catwalk are.

What, you mean the second hangar on Cairo Station?

That's easy (if you abuse the game's mechanics, which you should because taking Halo 2 on legendary seriously is ridiculous).

Before leaving the first hangar, pick up and drop all of the plasma pistols in the room to prevent them from despawning. Use plasma pistol overcharge to drop elite shields, BR to headshot; even if you miss a lot, you've got lots of spare plasma pistol ammo in the previous room, so you can afford to play cautiously. IIRC there's extra BR ammo off to the right side of the room, where the stairs up to the catwalk are.
yes, that Hangar where waves of enemies come out of those tube like circular structures. The further I got was like the last to penultimate wave, but got nervous and the elite took care of me, especially because of the lack of ammo. The times I got closer to complete that part I lost all my ammo in the process.

I followed a guide in Gamefaqs back then, an amazing FAQ if you ask me by tomrace -writing this by memory, but I think it was that one, I read it thoroughly-, but found the plasma guns boring and barely used them.

The mechanics you mention were unknown to me at the time, and in fact Legendary on Halo 2 was doable for me, several times, except for that part. Maybe I can finally take on them now, at 60 fps.

The last time I played Halo 2 in the MCC I completed the game once again, but decreasing difficulty, once again, in that part.

Wont be hitting until Spring 2018 and then it will be piecemeal as they look for feedback from the community on each patch. Took them long enough, if they're actually going to fix the bugs that many have reported or suffered through.

Fixing this is really critical in repairing Xbox the brand. Doing it from scratch and doing it right will go a long way here.

they desperately need to ride back to the top of FPS arena for console. Even though imo it is already, the population just doesn't reflect that. There is little reason to continue with H6 until these core problems are rectified.

Fixing this is really critical in repairing Xbox the brand. Doing it from scratch and doing it right will go a long way here.

they desperately need to ride back to the top of FPS arena for console. Even though imo it is already, the population just doesn't reflect that. There is little reason to continue with H6 until these core problems are rectified.
I wonder how many GBs of space is going to need the OneX version of the game. The original MCC takes a hefty 70GB of HD space..

I wonder how many GBs of space is going to need the OneX version of the game. The original MCC takes a hefty 70GB of HD space..
Depends on what they do with it. Texture upgrade packs will increase the size significantly if they do it for a lot of the content.

The clever blend of low and high res textures for detail maps on halo games holds up surprisingly well. The original halo's textures still look surprisingly detailed at 1080 even when glued to the wall.

Last edited:
I've been dabbling in this in my down time since on-off quitting Destiny...specifically, Halo CE...

It almost makes me mad how much better this is than current Halo's and how much they've ruined the franchise.

The battle pacing is great, you really prioritize Elite's, because they are tough. Why is that gone from current titles?

The guns you pick up are really effective, so you dont mind scavenging. In current Halo's, they kinda all suck so you hate picking weapons up off the battlefield.

For example, the pacing...you go through a long battle in that ship, in corridors. It's still fun because the battles are dynamic. Then, you go to that beach landing scene. Still one of the most epic transitions in vidyagame history. You are suddenly surrounded by luxurious color and open spaces and pumping music. I remember it back then and it still has the same effect.

Even the physics are better and feel more dynamic in a however old game than today. With a fraction the processing power. The Warthog is way more fun to drive than in current Halo's. The list can go on forever. The game doesn't hold your hand and you can get "lost". Encounters can be tough and you can die repeatedly, but it's fun!. Getting a health pack always feels great.

Certainly coming from Destiny, the controls initially feel archaic, with no ADS, and a dedicated button to the flashlight which is useless, but you get used to it before too long.

Like, what happened to this franchise! Playing Halo 3 on MCC to check the graphics, kinda made me angry, because I remember, Halo 3 sucked!

All of this is talking about campaigns. Maybe Halo 3 MP is the best ever so you think Halo 3 is the best. I wouldn't know about that.

It's such a fine line between a good movie or game and a bad one sometimes, and sometimes hard to put your finger on, but Halo CE had "it" and new Halo's dont.

Finally!

But will it include Reach's FireFight mode?

Finally!

But will it include Reach's FireFight mode?
Yes: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/mcc-pc-halo-reach

On Xbox One specifically, Halo: Reach’s multiplayer content (which includes Forge and the Theater) will be automatically included for everyone who owns MCC while Halo: Reach’s Campaign and Firefight experiences will be offered together as a premium digital add-on. Xbox Game Pass subscribers will have access to the entirety of Halo: Reach within MCC as part of their subscription.

I was just going to paste that exact snippet!

Back