Wrath: Aeon of Ruin by 3D Realms [PS4, XO, NX, PC]

Cyan

orange
Legend
Supporter
3d Realms goes old school making FPS using engines that made them great.
They've announced a new FPS game in collaboration with 1c Company, which is being developed with the engine of Quake 1.

The game comes out this summer for PC/Switch and in 2020 for PS4/XBX. I think everyone should be able to play the game at a stable 240 fps framerate.

ok but does it do real time pathtracing?
dont think so. The levels remind me a lot of the original Quake. The gameplay looks very promising.

In regards to the 240 fps comment, it's based on a study made by nVidia, stating that players with 240 fps monitors running games at 240 fps had better success at defeating other players.

20193716265146_1.jpg

20193716265146_2.jpg

20193716265146_1.jpg

Last edited:
Did they control for the possibility that those with more expensive rigs were generally better (and more invested) players?

Without that this study obviously is only gives an interesting correlation (of course there is no mention of variance or statistical significance, so even correlation can’t be stated).

Did they control for the possibility that those with more expensive rigs were generally better (and more invested) players?

Without that this study obviously is only gives an interesting correlation (of course there is no mention of variance or statistical significance, so even correlation can’t be stated).
welcome to the forums!

Are you a professional player or basically someone who just wants to play?

It smells of marketing a lot though, but it cannot be said that the cause of the improvement is the RTX series. :mrgreen: Now let them put the data of Battlefield V with ray tracing, to see what kd percentage actually get those who enable it :LOL:

I hope they do a behind the scenes.
I wonder what they used to create all of the artwork
for the game.

Did they have to rewrite significant portions of it ? Did they
use the level editor that comes with it ? Or did they create
new in house tools for the quake engine ? etc.

I understand that most of the staff likely has a lot of experience
with the engine but it's still cool to think ANYONE is releasing
something QUAKE Engine related in 2019.

Especially with the abundance of other free options out there.

Back