The Official, Long Awaited, TV Shows Thread

Yeah even trying to make sense in what actually happened felt a huge task... Calling the season "trippy" would be putting it pretty mildly... there is a shit ton of things to unpack there... I remember being extremely annoyed and confused at the end, but watching some the well thought out speculation videos and just having had time to let things settle in, I have grown to appreciate the season quite a bit, even if there still remains big questions.
Audrey, for instance... I take it that she's in a mental asylum just for that one shot when she seems to be in a white room screaming (so the rest is an illusion of hers).

Then, Dougie, the original one. Who was really he? Just a person who resembled Cooper or a kind of benign doppelganger?

Sarah Palmer... What was going on with her?

Cooper and Diane. Why they had to kiss and fuck?

Audrey, for instance... I take it that she's in a mental asylum just for that one shot when she seems to be in a white room screaming (so the rest is an illusion of hers).

Then, Dougie, the original one. Who was really he? Just a person who resembled Cooper or a kind of benign doppelganger?

Sarah Palmer... What was going on with her?

Cooper and Diane. Why they had to kiss and fuck?

You know the answers might be a bit out there...
I'm not sure I understand what you mean with "the rest" in relation to Audrey?

Dougie was somehow manufactured by the evil Cooper to transport back into the black lodge instead of evil Cooper 25 years after evil Cooper got out of the black lodge.

Sarah Palmer was probably the little girl in episode 8 who swallowed that bug and got possessed by Judy (extreme negative force)

Cooper and Diane had to perform that ritual to transport their consciousness to the other dimension where they travelled, or something like that :)

I'm not sure I understand what you mean with "the rest" in relation to Audrey?
I meant that once I saw that short shot of Audrey screaming inside a white room and with no make-up/hairdo, I thought that maybe everything else we saw was just an hallucination of hers (the whole thing about her husband and the so called Billy was pretty weird, at any rate)

I meant that once I saw that short shot of Audrey screaming inside a white room and with no make-up/hairdo, I thought that maybe everything else we saw was just an hallucination of hers (the whole thing about her husband and the so called Billy was pretty weird, at any rate)

Ok, I had kind of forgotten that whole thing, it's been some time since I watched it. Your theory sounds legit.

I did same for a while. Then I realized for me it was better to ditch comcast and subscribe to youtubetv.
With Comcast as my cable/phone/internet provider it turned out they could give me faster internet speeds for cheaper if I got a package rather than just the net, so the whole TV aspect of our Comcast account is actual a discount on our internet charges. :)

It's stupid, I know, but every time they try and change my rates/up the prices I get on the phone and spend a few hours of quality time with their service representatives renegotiating our deal. We've been with them for over 20 years so I've gotten used to the dance. They say the offer is for new customers only, I explain that I don't understand why loyal customers are getting punished, they then go into our account and find out we have a specially modified, grandfathered deal from decades ago and they go and make a few tweaks to it that always seems to up my speed and cut my bill a little bit. The trick is to be patient and pleasant, but also firm and pretending like you have any other options for realistic internet speeds. (I don't, Comcast is the only way to go if you want over 50MB/s here. I got about 350/25 right now)

Orville has turned into epic scifi besting star trek. Amazing...
Yeah after a slow/boring multiple character episodes start to season 2, this 2-parter was amazing, one of the all time greats.
Intentionally over-hamming it but I don't care.

I've started Babylon 5 again. Last time was more than 15 years ago. I'm soon finished with season 1 and there are some performances that stand out. Great performances: Peter Jurasik as Londo Mollari and Andreas Katsulas as G'Kar, and not so great: Michael O'Hare as Jeffrey Sinclair (though there are reasons which complicate this) and Jerry Doyle as Michael Garibaldi (gets better in later seasons, he's doing a bit too much "ACTING!!!!" and not enough acting, if you catch my drift).

Still, the overarching story line is strong even though if it had been made today it would probably be made with much fewer episodes per season.

Also checking out the Lurker's guide to Babylon 5 (still up after all these years, thanks whoever runs it now) is a great nostalgia trip and a lot of fantastic info. JMS was probably one of the first major Hollywood producers directly interacting with fans on the Internet.

Edit: forgot to mention the CGI. The look is very dated of course, but Amiga Lightwave nostalgia makes it charming, though.

Last edited:
Future man. One of the funniest shows I’ve seen.
At times Josh Hutcherson is a bit too much like Michael J. Fox and can sometimes feel like watching a raunchier BTTF tv series, but
I love Back to the Future so works for me.

I'm re-watching Season One of Alphas and I'm enjoying the heck out of its quality. Six guest stars/recurring actors stuck out. Callum Keith Rennie (the Humlon who bonded with Starbuck before Madame Airlock did her thing). Newly minted Oscar winner Mahershala Ali. Summer Glau. Brent Spiner (very compelling as an intriguing Alpha, excellent CGI used around him at the end). Tatiana (Orphan Black) Maslany in a brief role, but she still shines. And one actress (Liane Balaban) who I don't really know but who amazed me as Anna, an Alpha with a unique way of communicating that is consistently very cool. Edit: And Valerie Cruz! She nails her part so perfectly I forget to think of her as a recurring guest star.

I'm appreciating the show a lot more than when I first watched it. Anyone ever read Sturgeon's More Than Human? There's a bit of that (well done and intelligent) vibe to it. I'm on the season ending cliffhanger and a very cool new Alpha is going to be introduced, Stanton Parish.

P.S. I remember when on The Big Bang Theory Sheldon was sitting in his spot waiting for Alphas to come on, and Leonard had to break the news to him that the show had been cancelled. A character on Alphas, Gary, is exceptionally well drawn as an Alpha with autism, and who has a brilliance with reading communication streams, that Sheldon identified with.

I'm also re-watching The Middleman. It's delightfully crazy, and with stars that win you over right away. Very funny, very geared to the kind of audience that gets Rick and Morty. Loaded with trivia, like when they sneak in names from Dune.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Middleman_(TV_series)#Critical_reception

The A.V. Club gave the entire series a A−.[6] Daily Variety wrote that "this series could potentially work on any number of networks, and it's almost too smart for the room at ABC Family; nevertheless, this sprightly summer arrival should fit nicely into the evolving niche the channel established with Kyle XY."[7] TV Guide had it as its "Mega Rave" for the week of June 15, 2008, and wrote that "It's loaded with clever banter – like Men in Black if Will Smith's character was a geeky girl."[8] UGO gave it an A− overall and an A for story, calling it "fun to watch."[9] The Boston Herald gave it a B− and wrote that "all that's missing are some onscreen blurbs like 'BAM!' and 'POW!'"[10] Newsarama wrote that "stylistically, the current show this most resembles is Pushing Daisies, with its colorful sets and rapid-fire screwball dialogue" and that "it's about goofy ideas and having a good time, the kind of show you'll want to watch repeatedly to catch a line you missed the first time."[11]

Edit: I just now when reading the Wikipedia page noticed that the character of Noser is Jake Smollett, Jussie Smollett's brother. He's very good, as is the rest of the supporting cast.
Edit 2: The Middleman, Matt Keeslar, played Feyd-Rautha Harkonnen in the SF channel's Frank Herbert's Dune, and suddenly the Dune references are even funnier.

Last edited:
Thanks to everyone for mentioning Umbrella Academy, I watched the season and liked it quite a bit. Cool vibes, reminded me of the Bioshock universe somewhat :)
Now finally starting Expanse first season.

Finished Umbrella Academy last night and enjoyed the whole season thoroughly. Really looking forward to what they do with it.

Watching the F1 docu on Netflix. It's great, it goes right into the emotions and passion from the start. Haas, in Melbourne. What a heartache.

Anyone seen Doom patrol (dc universe) ?

Nope. I'm curious about it as well as Titans. Hopefully the series will eventually hit standard avenues like TV or Netflix/Prime in the US.

I tried Titans and really wanted to like it but the writing and acting was poor. On the plus side it was rather more violent and adult targeted than I expected but it seemed more like a CW show than anything.

Maybe both of those will hit The CW network after Arrow comes to an end after their last season?

EDIT: Davros, The CW is a US station owned by CBS that is home to the following junk/guilty-pleasure shows of Arrow, Flash, SuperGirl, Legends of Tomorrow, and Black Lightening.

Back