The Official, Long Awaited, TV Shows Thread

I found the picture quality on streaming TV services is far better than anything the local cable company provides, at least on YouTubeTV and even on PhiloTV.
I find streaming hi-def Comcast through a browser provides me a much better picture quality than watching it through a cable box. Got rid of all the cable boxes and now use a TON of bandwidth. :)

I binged Umbrella as I wasn’t capable of doing much else this weekend and although I enjoyed it, there were a few minus-points on my end. Without spoiling anything that isn’t already in the first episode, anything with time travel to and from the future or to the past has a lot to make up for. In addition, however surprising a lot of stuff is in the beginning, it all becomes pretty predictable halfway through.

All in all though it was high quality stuff. Nowhere near (well, not quite anyway) as good as dix pour cent though, but I don’t seem capable of getting any of you to watch that ;)

Apparently it is called Call My Agent in English, dumb title.

I find streaming hi-def Comcast through a browser provides me a much better picture quality than watching it through a cable box. Got rid of all the cable boxes and now use a TON of bandwidth. :)

I did same for a while. Then I realized for me it was better to ditch comcast and subscribe to youtubetv.

I havnt,
Is the lack of subtitles because of the site or is it an editorial decision to make it seem more authentic ?

I havnt,
Is the lack of subtitles because of the site or is it an editorial decision to make it seem more authentic ?
It's because of the site. Whatever they're doing to provide you the show, they're not including a subtitle layer. Sites like that don't exactly care about ensuring multi-language subtitles are available and correctly keyed to the source and language.

I havnt,
There could be subtitles, but not "forced" ones. If using MPC-HC/MPC-BE right click within the video window and click on subtitles, then click on "Advanced". From their you can uncheck "forced only". You did try to turn on subtitles already?

Back in the day, before Netflix, the cool kids would use opensubtitles.org to download the needed file, rename it to the exact name of the video, place it in the same folder as the video, and the video would automatically load it. Or just load the subtitle from within the player.

I hope it's OK to link to that site.
https://www.opensubtitles.org/en/search2/sublanguageid-eng/moviename-narcos

Oooh there's a What We Do in the Shadows series coming out on FX in March. Awesome.

Also not a big show but I really enjoy watching Drunk History.

Has anyone seen ozark? any good ?

Its very good. The character development and changes are something to see, not quite Breaking Bad levels but similiar. It is amazing to see just how many times their situation can go "out of the frying pan and into the fire" (worse at every step of the way).

I finished Twin Peaks, season 3.

WHAT THE HEEEEECK?!?!?! What kind of ending is that? David Lynch is such a troll... At least, I quite enjoyed the ride.

There are quite a bit of interesting videos speculating about the ending and the events in general in Youtube. I watched a TON of them after I watched the series and wanted things to make more sense haha.

So here's my quick list of which series to watch that I dont think I mentioned much before, main focus is westerns, crime, scifi, and horror. The grouping is so one can see if they liked one of the shows they might like the others in the same genre.

Godless, limited miniseries on Netflix with a western setting.
DeadWood, great western series from HBO and also available on Amazon Prime.
Hell on Wheels, AMC western series set during construction of tthe American railroad.
YellowStone, Paramount Network series about conflicts of a large family cattle ranch set along the YellowStone National Park, has similiar vibe as Dallas.

Breaking Bad, AMC crime drama series about highschool chemistry teacher. May be slow to develop but if you can make it past the first season the rest of the ride is worth it.
Oazark, Netflix series about family getting dragged into crime.
Peaky Blinders, Netflix series about Gypsy Gangsters running crime in 1919 Birmingham.
Sneaky Pete, Amazon series about American con-man trying to avoid his past.

Umbrella Academy, Netflix based on Dark Horse comic series
Altered Carbon, Netflix blade runner like future
Lost in Space, Netflix family dealing with crisis traveling through space to a new world

Stranger Things, Netflix more of a mid 80s throwback piece sbout kids growing up while encountering spooky monsters
Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, Netflix reimagination of Sabrina the Witch
Penny Dreadful, Showtime series about many supernatural characters from 19th century British fiction and also available on Netflix

There are quite a bit of interesting videos speculating about the ending and the events in general in Youtube. I watched a TON of them after I watched the series and wanted things to make more sense haha.
There are lots of unresolved questions. The ending of season 2 was more closed, so to speak. I felt pretty unsatisfied and I really wonder if Lynch made it on purpose because there MUST be another season. :confused:

There are lots of unresolved questions. The ending of season 2 was more closed, so to speak. I felt pretty unsatisfied and I really wonder if Lynch made it on purpose because there MUST be another season. :confused:

Yeah even trying to make sense in what actually happened felt a huge task... Calling the season "trippy" would be putting it pretty mildly... there is a shit ton of things to unpack there... I remember being extremely annoyed and confused at the end, but watching some the well thought out speculation videos and just having had time to let things settle in, I have grown to appreciate the season quite a bit, even if there still remains big questions.

Back