Metro Exodus

Yeah, people aren't blaming 4A games for this. They understand that 4A games didn't want to be exclusive to the Epic store.

Interesting anecdote. Some friends of mine have pirated for the first time in over 15 years because of this whole fiasco. This is despite them having the Epic client on their system (mostly for Fortnite).

They are doing it purely to protest Epic pulling this kind of stunt.

They are currently trying to determine how to go about mailing a check to 4A games directly in order to "pay for the game" and if they can't do that to immediately buy the game once it appears on GoG, Steam, or any other platform than Epic.

What's even more amusing (to me) is that had Epic not purchased exclusivity, they likely would have bought it on the Epic store just for the 10 USD discount compared to other stores.

Regards,
SB

Yeah, people aren't blaming 4A games for this. They understand that 4A games didn't want to be exclusive to the Epic store.

Interesting anecdote. Some friends of mine have pirated for the first time in over 15 years because of this whole fiasco. This is despite them having the Epic client on their system (mostly for Fortnite).

They are doing it purely to protest Epic pulling this kind of stunt.

They are currently trying to determine how to go about mailing a check to 4A games directly in order to "pay for the game" and if they can't do that to immediately buy the game once it appears on GoG, Steam, or any other platform than Epic.

What's even more amusing (to me) is that had Epic not purchased exclusivity, they likely would have bought it on the Epic store just for the 10 USD discount compared to other stores.

Regards,
SB
Lol, I'm one of the supposedly few people who bought a license to WinRAR, so as you can imagine I'm not a piracy advocate, and I hope down the road your friends feel OK about paying for their copies of the game. Until then maybe they could buy swag connected to the game? All I could find was this, and maybe they don't get a cut. https://www.metrothegame.com/en-us/books/

Lol, I'm one of the supposedly few people who bought a license to WinRAR, so as you can imagine I'm not a piracy advocate, and I hope down the road your friends feel OK about paying for their copies of the game. Until then maybe they could buy swag connected to the game? All I could find was this, and maybe they don't get a cut. https://www.metrothegame.com/en-us/books/

Yes, they are fans of the studio and the game. Despite the bugs, Metro: Exodus from everything I've seen is a really good game. So, they plan on reimbursing 4A studios as much as they can. Current plan I'm hearing from them is to buy it at 60 USD (if it comes out at that price) on GoG, Steam, or the Origin store (the other Metro games are all on those storefronts). If it doesn't come out at 60 USD, they plan on buying it twice. :D

I'm just going to wait until it hits either GoG or Steam. Probably just Steam so that my library is all in one place. But it's been REALLY tempting to pirate it out of spite against Epic and because I want to play it.

Regards,
SB

Heh, good thing they still release update notes on Steam (4A guys like Steam), because Epic sure can't be arsed to provide that information for the game on their storefront.

Or provide a way for the developer to do so (how Steam does it).

Probably costs too much money. Need that money to buy exclusives. :p

Regards,
SB

I logged into my brother's account on Epic. Gonna try the game that way. Client is certainly barebones. I suppose they just got the basics going for launch.

Last edited:
I been playing this game from the Xbox game pass. Loved the other Metro games.

I'm at the bridge cult part. Once I got off the train I decided to go exploring and got super carried away. I did find some useful things but ended up using all but 1 bullet in the process. Now I'm having to fight the whole bridge clan with throwing knives and melee :D

Also the game seems to pretty much lock 60fps at High settings on my GTX970 and looks great. I swear this GTX970 has more legs than the old 8800GT.

Pretty nice video that goes into the not only the game but the development hell of the game. Something I didn't know was that the publisher, Deep Silver, didn't even want the game to be made and hated the thought of another metro game. Maybe that explains why Deep Silver chose to make it exclusive to EGS despite 4A Games advertising it for months on Steam.

Anyway, I don't necessarily agree with all of his thoughts on the game, but I agree that 4A Games is an amazing development house, especially consider the size of their team, their ambitions, how they approach game creation and the troubles that they have had to endure.

I also found it interesting that the author of the video has the same thoughts about RT in the enhanced edition. It looks amazing, perhaps one of the best RT implementations of any game that has RT. However, when playing with MKB, it's not worth having the RT on because you have to degrade all other aspects of the game so much (including using DLSS Ultra Performance) to attain playable framerates that it ends up being a significantly better experience both graphically and WRT playability to not play with RT enabled (basically play the base game with RT off). However, it does look amazing and makes both him and me excited for the future of RT if this level of RT becomes achievable at decent quality settings combined with high framerates. RT presents a tantalizing bright future for gaming (one that I'm looking forward to as does the author) ... we're just not quite there yet, IMO.

Regards,
SB

I don't understand what you're saying here. It's on Steam. Was it on EGS exclusively for a while?

Prior to the release of the game 4A Games had it up for pre-order on Steam and was heavily advertising it as being available for pre-order on Steam.

Then like a few weeks before launch (launch was Feb. 15), Deep Silver announced (Jan. 28th) that they had made a deal with EGS to make the game exclusive to EGS.

I feel bad for 4A Games because they bore the brunt of gamer's anger over it. Thankfully, once it released on Steam a year later most people didn't hold a grudge. Unsurprisingly it ended up selling significantly more copies on Steam than it did on EGS. However, I wouldn't be surprised if they lost some number of sales due to the poop that Deep Silver pulled at release.

Regards,
SB

Back