Dreams : create, share & play [PS4, PS5]

Then you do care about graphics. Dreams isnt exactly a game that pushes graphics tech.
How do you know? How does Dreams do its lighting and shadowing? Being the first game ever to showcase SDF based geometry* isn't pushing graphics tech?? What can you tell us about the technology of Dream's and other engines and where MM are behind? I'm guessing you can't, because you haven't the faintest idea what technology is involved and you're just going by a 'does it look photorealistic in screenshots' mentality.

* Sebbbi's ClayBook obviously beat Dreams to release

How do you know? How does Dreams do its lighting and shadowing? Being the first game ever to showcase SDF based geometry* isn't pushing graphics tech?? What can you tell us about the technology of Dream's and other engines and where MM are behind? I'm guessing you can't, because you haven't the faintest idea what technology is involved and you're just going by a 'does it look photorealistic in screenshots' mentality.

* Sebbbi's ClayBook obviously beat Dreams to release

Yes Dreams is a technical show case too.

I just dont think it looks all that great, sure art can be fine, but the graphics showcase isnt anything thrilling compared to modern AAA games.
If one is wanting top notch graphics, dreams isnt it, no matter how its doing its shadows, its what the eye sees, a modern aaa title like bfv, metro or even god of war looks much better.

I just dont think it looks all that great...
Which isn't tech!!! :runaway:

You could have an engine creating a cube, rendering every single atom, using quantum modelling, and GPU-executed jobs, in a world first, and it'd be amazing tech even if what's on screen is just a frickin' box.

By all means say you don't like the look of Dreams - everyone's entitled to an opinion and preferred aesthetic - but don't go making stupid, insulting comments like Dreams isn't pushing graphics tech. It's pushing graphics in directions it's never been pushed before, working outside the domain that everyone else works in, using GPUs in ways they weren't designed to be used, to create something completely new. That's the very frickin' definition of pushing graphics tech!!

Then you do care about graphics. Dreams isnt exactly a game that pushes graphics tech. Art can be fine with the right creations.
I am still on autocorrect but,

If hypothetically those graphics were giving me seizures I would have to care anyway but not because it doesn't look good.

Ok, its not my intention to insult any dev doing hard work. Same for the ones that insult Metro, BFV devs etc. Many engines push graphics in a certain way.

I just dont think it looks all that great, sure art can be fine, but the graphics showcase isnt anything thrilling compared to modern AAA games.
If one is wanting top notch graphics, dreams isnt it, no matter how its doing its shadows, its what the eye sees, a modern aaa title like bfv, metro or even god of war looks much better.
You are wrong anyways. Were you in the beta and did you try plenty of dreams ? Because I can assure you some dreams were technically more impressive (with the level of details and scale) than many AAA games on consoles.

Some people were pushing the graphics showcase in their Dreams (others art, others originality, others ingenious gameplay etc.), and it worked for all of them IMO.

Not quite sure why you ask? There is a level which has a tower being destroyed. I'm sure it would be simple enough.

Because there's very little physics being shown in these tests and as I don't have access to the beta, I ask of people who do the sort of experiments I'd try.
Link? I haven't seen any destruction which was a key feature of LBP.

Belated, I know...I thought I had already uploaded...sorry if this is 'old news' or the post got people excited! Just shows destruction/physics;

Bought. The video says numbers will be limited. That suggests after so many purchases, it'll be removed from the store.

In play there is a lot of noise and aliasing. The style can get away with it, but some details actually get lost that isn't obvious in the screenshots that seem to accumulate and denoise.

Last edited:
nooooooooooooooo it says 7 hours left :( :( bloody slow internet....

glad Amazon US have PSN voucher on stock tho. so i bought them with no markup

Back