Next Generation Hardware Speculation with a Technical Spin [pre E3 2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
If MS is indeed launching next console in late 2020, this E3 unveil [and GDC dev breefing] seems premature to me. But they most likely have nothing else great planned for Xbone, and they could want to seize every marketing advantage they can.

That would mesh quite well with a platform agnostic streaming/Gamepass strategy.

I love myself a 12tf Anaconda for sure will day one that, although ram amount is a bit on the low side. What I don't get is Lockhart, for a streaming console why even make it 4tf? Wouldn't a Xbox One level gpu be enough if Xcloud is taking care of the grunt of the computing? In another word, is MS setting their base console as 12tf? If so that's definitely an awesome way to open next gen!

Nothing was known about gen8 until feb 20 2013 when Andrew House presented PS4. MS followed with May black tent event and E3, and both of them launched in November.
Strangely I had the impression that it was announced much earlier

12TF(amd) for one x pricing, lets hope not.

Um, why not? $499 for that type of performance in the console space should be welcomed. I'm pretty sure BoM for such a unit is around $625-$650... so, Microsoft is willing to take a $125-$150 initial hit, isn't out of reason. Good times if the specs/pricing is true...

I love myself a 12tf Anaconda for sure will day one that, although ram amount is a bit on the low side. What I don't get is Lockhart, for a streaming console why even make it 4tf? Wouldn't a Xbox One level gpu be enough if Xcloud is taking care of the grunt of the computing? In another word, is MS setting their base console as 12tf? If so that's definitely an awesome way to open next gen!
As I understand MS setting their base console at 4tf and pro at 12tf.

Based on rumors? Right now we have rumors of almost any specs you want. None can be considered credible so far.

PS5 rumor is 8TF. It's also 20TF. It's also cancelled.
Yep, based on today rumour about next xbox

As I understand MS setting their base console at 4tf and pro at 12tf.
Why not just use Scorpio as a Base console then? I highly doubt the base line for next gen is anywhere as low as 4-6 tf, even 8tf is low balling. Third Party would have heck of a nightmare if they have to design their next gen game in the chains of a 4tf console.

Why not just use Scorpio as a Base console then? I highly doubt the base line for next gen is anywhere as low as 4-6 tf, even 8tf is low balling. Third Party would have heck of a nightmare if they have to design their next gen game in the chains of a 4tf console.
Because it has a 360mm^2 die and 384-bit GDDR5 memory bus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back