Paradox Interactive and Xbox Join Forces to Launch Paradox Mods Read more at https://news.xbox.com/e

iroboto

Daft Funk
Legend
Supporter
We are absolutely thrilled that Paradox Interactive has teamed up with Microsoft to release Paradox Mods on Xbox One! Now, for the first time, PC mod creators have a direct line to showcase and publish their work for Xbox One gamers to enjoy — making this a momentous day for gamers and modders everywhere.
Read more at https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2019/02/20/paradox-mods/#TJ4AArb00xs6qYf7.99

Really making a lot of movement here on the Xbox side of things. This coupled with universal M/KB support on their platform, they are setting the foundations up for a lot of possible avenues for growth.

Really making a lot of movement here on the Xbox side of things. This coupled with universal M/KB support on their platform, they are setting the foundations up for a lot of possible avenues for growth.
This sounds terrifying. As anybody with a meaty PC will know, Paradox's Clausewitz engine has serious single-threaded issues that brings two-to-sixteen core PCs to their knees in Stellaris, CKII and EUIV so the thought of mods on their few console gams sends me into a cold sweat. KB+M support is great, though. I just don't get why this isn't more common, especially on Xbox where many code bases should be sharing so much with Window's versions.

It's a power savings feature! (and/or single threaded turbo)

It saves power by taking a four times as long per game tick because the engine is not multithreaded.

Hmmm...

Are they just pretending the Fallout 4 mods never happened?

It’s supporting paradox titles. Whereas fallout 4 mods only support 1 title. But yes, it’s making ya way slowly.

I was referencing this line: "for the first time, PC mod creators have a direct line to showcase and publish their work for Xbox One gamers to enjoy", which seems to claim mods have never been possible on Xbox before.

I was referencing this line: "for the first time, PC mod creators have a direct line to showcase and publish their work for Xbox One gamers to enjoy", which seems to claim mods have never been possible on Xbox before.
I think they are referencing the service / process of deploying modifications as being less obstructed as a process compared to fallout 4

Back