I've been losing 2/3rds pound or 300g per day

You're predisposed, your diet sucks, you're abusing steroids, you smoke, whatever. Regardless, unless you already have a six pack if you made a consistent change in your diet to lower it, you would probably lose some visceral fat still all else being equal.
And yet, I wouldn't lose weight if I got healthier. If anything, I'd gain a little bit of weight. Yes, I'd look a bit more trim. I'd have somewhat more toned muscles. But my weight would be largely unchanged by any of the changes I would make to get my cholesterol on a healthy path using diet and exercise.

So why in the world do you think that the same can't be true of people who are fatter than I am? You're willing to look at all of these other environmental factors for high cholesterol in my case, but somehow you decide that those are irrelevant if a person is fat? Why? What do you think that accomplishes?

At the same time packing on muscle as you lose visceral fat seems like a disingenuous way to disprove the correlation between weight and cholesterol to me ... you really go far to win an argument :)

I didn't say the high cholesterol is because they are fat, I said that if they reduce it through diet they will almost certainly lose weight. It doesn't really matter which is the cause of making them healthier, it's just hard to achieve one without the other ... maybe not impossible, but just as with the muscles you would have to work for it.

At the same time packing on muscle as you lose visceral fat seems like a disingenuous way to disprove the correlation between weight and cholesterol to me ... you really go far to win an argument :)
And? Yes, if I did that, you could see the difference. But if a person much heavier than me did so (and I know a number who have), then you wouldn't see anything noticeable at all. They'd still look fat.

But they could easily be much healthier than me. Probably are. I generally don't go around asking them what their cholesterol levels are, so I can't really know.

Point is, you might be able to make these correlations on average, but it's shitty and harmful to go from those average relationships to relate to individual behavior.

5t9q7skweqx21.jpg

Back