Crackdown 3 [XO, XPA]

UE4 plus Open world can be very stunning if used by the right hands (Days Gone by Bend Studio), heck you can even fall back on UE3 for superb visuals with Open world (Batman AK). At this point it's either the Lead engine programmer's fault or the Art Directer couldn't set a straight vision.

UE4 plus Open world can be very stunning if used by the right hands (Days Gone by Bend Studio), heck you can even fall back on UE3 for superb visuals with Open world (Batman AK). At this point it's either the Lead engine programmer's fault or the Art Directer couldn't set a straight vision.
Anything can be great if <insert list of things that are difficult to fund or involve unique talent>

Useful guide from Maka's Guides on how to get 3 of the best weapons early on:

Review of Crackdown 3 from a "Real Crackdown Fan"

Review of Crackdown 3 from a "Real Crackdown Fan"
my Xbox friends are telling me that the game is more fun and interesting than the review scores say, and I believe them.

It seems like the soul of the original game is intact. Which is a very shallow story and sheer fun via orbs. It seems like people don't forgive that what was normal in 2007 -not a deep story- is now a must -deep story- in 2019 from a game that took 5 years to be developed.

Scores are sometimes very unfair. Two of the best games I've ever played and had the most fun with are Call or Juarez -origina- and Vampire the Masquerade Redemption, yet those games were scored in the 7.5 range.

Reviews are Salty AF, a 0. Get the fuck out of here. Makes one question if they even own an Xbox and the game.

Scores are sometimes very unfair. Two of the best games I've ever played and had the most fun with are Call or Juarez -origina- and Vampire the Masquerade Redemption, yet those games were scored in the 7.5 range.

I sort of agree, just not with the fairness part. Reviews are a reasonable way to gauge the quality of art, but they're always subject to the whims and fashions of the time. They can't really ever be fair, because they can't ever be objective, because we're mere humans bound by our manifold limits.

Metacritic and its ilk are a complete waste of time IMO. If you know a particular reviewer, then you know their tastes and can evaluate their review based on the biases you've noticed i.e. Mark Kermode will review horror films better than snootier film critics.

When you aggregate a bunch of opinions - even if numerically scored - you're not able to take these quirks into consideration. To put it another way, the opinion of your best gamer bud will matter more to you than that of a stranger, but aggregation treats the middle ground of their opinions as being most valuable.

Then there's the fact that something being objectively bad can still allow for it to be subjectively the tits. For example, I love Mindless Self Indulgence.

2019-02-15 (1).jpg (cropped)
They're like Spartan IIs :runaway: Even the assault rifle looks a little eerily similar to the Halo MA5 rifles.

Favourites so far: Cryo Shotgun + Nail gun + ground pound

Good ol' director VA.

only been playing single player but I love it , and it runs great on my rig all maxed out at 4k 45fps ish on my vega 56 bios moded

i oddly feel the same way. Progressing quickly through the single player campaign here lol.

It's really old school. Incredibly old school. Very No Frills.

There are quite a few games I’ve played that have reviewed far better than CD3. But. I don’t have the heart to finish them. But for some reason I’m pretty positive I’ll finish crackdown and enjoy the multiplayer.

I guess this is the difference between comfort food and expectation that all 1P titles have to be Michelin star meals.

Last edited:
hm... ok, so "Agent" profile = shared XP amongst the unlocked agents. "World" profile = world save state (be sure to pick a different slot if doing co-op).

Unlocked Agility Level 5, and it's still going up, so I wonder what level 6 will give me (pec flex?).

Some of these races can be downright annoying since it still takes place in the city as is - so that includes any debris and enemies that would be obstacles (yay garbage unreal vehicle physics). I guess I'm more used to Saints Row, where the devs take you to a separate instance of the map just for the course.

It's a game with simple gameplay mechanics that are true to its origin. I'm still working through the first primary zone, picking up Orbs and expanding abilities, weapons, and vehicles. Lots of fun. Looking forward to trying out co-op.

Its not a game in my typical wheelhouse, but I'm glad I have gamepass to enjoy the fun of CrackDown 3.

Back