Retro gaming

BTW, I started Resident Evil 2.

I loved the original and this one seems to be even better!
somewhat similar situation here, although I don't have the new RE2, I am playing Resident Evil 0 HD Remaster. At 1080p 60fps, the experience is sooooooo good

I'm enjoying my good dose of jumpscares in RE2.

The hands coming out from the windows didn't scare me much, since I already saw that the wood planks were not part of the prerendered background, so I was expecting something, but god, the crows! :D Also, the first time I opened a door that had zombies (in the typical little sequence where you only see a door opening)! I didn't expect that at all, either.

^Lol!

Today I started MGS. I like the story, the graphics and the cinematic approach, but the controls are a bit tricky.

^Lol!

Today I started MGS. I like the story, the graphics and the cinematic approach, but the controls are a bit tricky.
The original?
I remember the first time I played it I was shocked. No weapons, but stealth, hiding....it was so refreshing and at the same time challenging to get used to at first.
This game was so rich and so ahead of its time.
The graphics were outstanding for a PS1 game but the whole presentation and variety made it the best game I ve ever played. It didnt matter if PCs had Voodoo graphics cards.
It was a glimpse to the next generation of gaming. Many of the things we have for granted today, MGS did it on PS1 first.

The original?
I remember the first time I played it I was shocked. No weapons, but stealth, hiding....it was so refreshing and at the same time challenging to get used to at first.
This game was so rich and so ahead of its time.
The graphics were outstanding for a PS1 game but the whole presentation and variety made it the best game I ve ever played. It didnt matter if PCs had Voodoo graphics cards.
It was a glimpse to the next generation of gaming. Many of the things we have for granted today, MGS did it on PS1 first.
Yes, the original. Well, the "original" in PS, not the true original for the MSX. :mrgreen:

Regarding my comment related to the controls, basically I'm referring to when you're pressed up against a wall. It depends on the camera angle, so if the camera moves in an unexpected way, you will move away from the wall and bam! A surveillance camera spotted you. :no: That happened a couple of times, but I haven't played much, so who knows if it's just me or whatever.

Yes, the original. Well, the "original" in PS, not the true original for the MSX. :mrgreen:

Regarding my comment related to the controls, basically I'm referring to when you're pressed up against a wall. It depends on the camera angle, so if the camera moves in an unexpected way, you will move away from the wall and bam! A surveillance camera spotted you. :no: That happened a couple of times, but I haven't played much, so who knows if it's just me or whatever.
Hmm never had this issue. The camera if I recall is the same unless you are pressing against near the edges/corners of a wall. So I think there aren't exactly unexpected movements

Personal retros I loved.

A lot of the Microprose games, the sims especially - F15 SE II, F19, F117, Gunship, Gunship 2000, M1 Tank Abrams, Silent Service 1&2, Grand Prix 2 to name a few that I remember.

Midwinter, StrikeCommander, the Wing Commander series(including Privateer). Red Baron, A-10 Tank Killer, Kings Quest series, Police Quest series, Space Quest series, Kings Bounty, TIM(The Incredible Machine 1 only), Leisure Suit Larry(first 2 only), Ultima Series, Eye of the Beholder 1&2, Doom 1&2, Wolfenstein 3D, Sim City(Original), Syndicate, Populous, Grand Theft Auto(original), The Dagger of Amon Ra.

A lot of others I am missing from that list I guess but those I remember fondly.

Only real coin-op retro game I still play is Rygar.

Never got into PS1 and PS2 although I did play them when visiting my nephews and only games I enjoyed playing on them was Grand Tourismo.

The good old days. :)

p.s. Newer retro like games I like to play a lot - The Binding of Isaac(including Rebirth). My goto retro game type game. If I have played a 1000 hours on it, it most likely too little.

Last edited:
lately I've been playing Super Soccer and Soccer Brawl with my best childhood friend. Two of the most fun sports game ever. Soccer Brawl is so addictive in 2 players mode... -against the AI, originally being an Arcade, the game can be unfair-, it doenst look bad by today's standards either.

Additionally, I also played NBA Jam Tournament with him, and it's ok, but it looks bad for todays standards. The Wii version of NBA Jam looks like a CGI movie in comparison -via Dolphin, 1080p or 4k-, the difference is abysmal.

Microsoft has joined the World Video Game Hall of Fame thanks to Solitaire.

Donkey Kong, Doom, Final Fantasy VII, Grand Theft Auto III, The Legend of Zelda, Pac-Man, Pong, The Sims, Super Mario Bros., Space Invaders and Street Fighter II are some of the games that joined the Hall of Fame in The Strong - Rochester (New York), and recently joined the list other games like the text adventure Colossal Cave Adventure from 1976, Mortal Kombat -1992-, Super Mario Kart (1992).

Titles that didnt make it into the inductees: Candy Crush Saga, Centipede, Dance Dance Revolution, Half-Life, Myst, NBA 2K, Sid Meier’s Civilization and Super Smash Bros. Melee

https://www.museumofplay.org/press/...d-video-game-hall-of-fame-inductees-announced

not so retro, but a mature game. I share with you my favorite song (original song, by the way, created by Capcom) of my favorite character from a simply wonderful game: Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3.

The hours I spent playing it on the X360 and now the "modern " PC version....

Last edited:
Back