Problems and Feature Requests

I'm weird like that :). Sometimes when I don't login for weeks/months I want to know e v e r y t h i n g that happened in the meantime. :D

Regarding 2-factor authentication: there is only an option to remember a device for 30 days. I wish there were more options, like 60 or preferably 90 days.

The old forum software had a neat feature where I could exclude certain sub-forums from the New Posts search by fiddling with the URL. I used this to exclude the console-related forums, which are relatively high traffic but of little interest to me (consoles give me the heeby-jeebies, the mere mention of the word makes me want to hide in the broom cupboard).

Can the current forum do this? Is there an add-on that might resurrect this wonderful and life-enhancing functionality?

Sort of.
Its something like Subscribe to the other forums you want and you can view them on your watched forums list. I think it was Malo that posted about it earlier?

Sort of.
Its something like Subscribe to the other forums you want and you can view them on your watched forums list. I think it was Malo that posted about it earlier?
It doesn't show the list of threads though unfortunately. Only the list of watched forums themselves.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

What does this mean?
I was banned from a thread?
A thread I already posted in seven times before.

Perhaps there's something about the forum software I'm not aware of.

What does this mean?

Perhaps there's something about the forum software I'm not aware of.
It's possible it was closed?

What does this mean?

It looks like your account was somehow moved into the initial restricted new user permission group. However I can not see any pending email verifications or other changers that might have triggered that. I set your user permission group to the normal one. See if that works.

If it does not, then please provide a link to the thread in question so we can investigate further.

Additional Investigation: You did have an active Thread Reply-Ban in place until May for the Xbox One BC thread because of drive-by trolling, implying MS is abandoning their BC efforts without expanding upon your statement.

Was a notification of this emailed to me?
I just noticed that my email addy was an old one. Fixed now.
Since the post was erased, I don't know precisely what I wrote.

Problem : SwiftKey typing on beyond3D is broken. Only here. Nowhere else
Like so
Android 8.1, SwiftKey keyboard. Chrome android.

I've been having that issue lately, I assumed it was a bug with the keyboard in a recent update. I have the same problem on my own forum. I don't see how the target form could be affecting the swiftkey keyboard though, it's strange.

I've been having that issue lately, I assumed it was a bug with the keyboard in a recent update. I have the same problem on my own forum. I don't see how the target form could be affecting the swiftkey keyboard though, it's strange.

Are you running XF2.0 on your own forums yet? B3D is still on the 1.x series.

I'm running Xf2.0 on my forum but I havent noticed issues there nor here, probably because I'm not using swiftkey on my Samsung 8.4"Android 4.4.x tablet?

Are you running XF2.0 on your own forums yet? B3D is still on the 1.x series.
No, 1.x still. Too many required plugins not on XF2 yet, and couple of my own plugins I'd have to recode first.

It's something I've noticed the last couple of weeks, just sometimes ignores what I'm pressing for the alternate word or other weirdness. I'll have to pay attention and see if it only happens on my XF forums and not texting or email.

I've been having trouble with the "like" being slow to respond again, and I got a message from my wife saying "I'm having an affair, be home late" the other day that is still messing with my head!

(I think I got that backwards, I put my feature request before my problem. Sorry.)

Can a moderator with knowledge on posting Excel data or columned text assist me? I want to copy/paste data into a post without losing the structure (i.e., headers, alignment, spacing, etc.) in which it is organized. The 'code' function is somewhat limited on how I want to convey the information. If you can assist, please inbox me on doing so (and show you what I have done so far).

Thanks!

Can a moderator with knowledge on posting Excel data or columned text assist me? I want to copy/paste data into a post without losing the structure (i.e., headers, alignment, spacing, etc.) in which it is organized. The 'code' function is somewhat limited on how I want to convey the information. If you can assist, please inbox me on doing so (and show you what I have done so far).

Thanks!
Unless Rys has a table bbcode plugin installed, I believe your only option is to use the code option which accepts spacing. XF2.1 has table support built-in. Another option is a screenshot of the table of data to post as an image.

Back