Metro Exodus [PS4, PS5, XO, XBSX|S, PC]

Globalisateur

Globby
Legend
Veteran
Supporter
The next game of 4A Games was announced at the Xbox E3 conference.

It's a direct sequel to the previous 2 Metro games.

It's going to be a very immersive ride in a apocalyptic gritty world where the player has to survive in a stunning semi linear/open world with dynamic weather and night/day cycle.

Just by seeing the E3 demo I want to replay the first games !

Planned for a 2018 release.

The 4k version from Gamersyde looks truly stunning viewed on my Z9D, the amount of geometry packed in the level is obscene.

The Highlight of E3 along with GOW4 for me.
I hope they show real gameplay soon and announce a date
I'd add Anthem to that, technically wise and Age of Empires -for other reasons-. This is going to be the generation of the stones, it was one of the things that impressed me the most, how the stones and pebbles were flying around in a realistic way.

Can't wait to play this game next week. I hope the final product on Xbox One X, is close enough to that E3 2017 trailer, unlike say, Anthem.
Yeah same, but the E3 2017 trailer still looked too perfect for gameplay tho, as long as it's not a Anthem downgrade I can still bite.

Most importantly there could be a performance mode !

edit: wait that was an old interview

Last edited:
4A sure is doing a good job here catering for all tastes:), this is definitely the best way to go about for next gen too.

4k looks really good, even a 1050Ti and i7 CPU can do fine if you tweak the settings -from my experience with other Metro games-, but I am not sure I'll ever get this game if it releases exclusively on the Epic store.

My favourite store is GoG. Then Steam and all of the other webs that sell Steam keys (Greenman gaming, Fanatical, Humble Bundle..., all of them are reeeeally good), Windows Store is ok as it is integrated in the OS, but other than that I am not touching my Origin games and lost money in the good ol' Gamestop online store, which they closed -I had Age of Empires 3 there, and a few other good titles-.

Given the fact there's nothing tying me to Epic -be it a masterpiece of a game, or being like Sega or Nintendo, companies with lots of great and unique games....-, I hope it releases on GoG like the other Metro games.

Downloaded and ready for tomorrow. I'm really looking forward to Exodus!

Been playing it on the 1X, man this game looks phenomenon in 4k HDR. The detail they cramped into the level, the texture quality, geometry density and effects are insane however character models are still utterly mediocre, they look last gen compared to the almost CGI esque models of Kratos, Spiderman, Drake or peeps from The Order. You can clearly see where they distributed the resources in their engine. Really love the HDR too, it pimps up the effects and lighting so much. I hope this game sells well so that we can see how much further 4A takes the engine with next gen consoles.

Back