Next Generation Hardware Speculation with a Technical Spin [pre E3 2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you look on the page(http://pci-ids.ucw.cz/read/PC/1022) that has the rumored Xbox codenames there is also a section with 'Ariel'. Apparently it has a 'Cryptographic Coprocessor':

Wonder why it would have that? For payment info? DRM?

Are not all files downloaded from xbox live/psn encrypted? Intel chips have hardware support I believe, so an AMD chip probably would want to have it to in some shape or form.

Are not all files downloaded from xbox live/psn encrypted? Intel chips have hardware support I believe, so an AMD chip probably would want to have it to in some shape or form.

True...it's probably part of AMD's cpu's already...

True...it's probably part of AMD's cpu's already...

That is correct:

slide_27_-_amd_secure_processor.png

And that's not even Zen.

Could it have something to do with the patent that Sony has in regards to using blockchain for security reasons?
Here is the patent that was talked about back then.
I am not well versed with blockchain and what it can be used for, but I remember some articles about using blockchain to trade digital games(?).

I think 24GB gddr6 hinges on a global dram price readjustment. The price fixing scheme is crumbling.

Maybe a long shot, but it' s not impossible gddr6 could be down to $5 per GB in 2020 or 2021.

Something like...
$399 = 16GB 10TF
$449 = 18GB 11TF
$499 = 24GB 12TF

I honestly don't see anything below or above any of those ram amount, price points, or equivalent power. If they can't reach that they might instead delay another year.

Depending how you calculate the ram with the ddr3 on the south bridge (16+4=20GB), and how you calculate the "power" of 8TF on paper with 16TF fp16 and other improvements and compute blocks versus older gpus. I call it 10TF equivalent.:runaway:

I don't think the flop counts are that far out there. ~12 isn't that big.

The biggest issue is the RAM bandwidth not even the amount. 880 GB/sec would require a huge bus or very fast GDDR6. 24 GB of 18Gbps GDDR6 on a 384-bit would give you 864GB/sec. One that's expensive and two that grade of 18 Gbps GDDR would be on the very high end of the power consumption as well.

I think a cut down 384-bit bus is possible, but not with 18 Gbps memory. I think the console will use something slower like a 14 Gbps variant so it doesn't have the run at the highest voltage.

South Bridge:
32bit DDR4 @ 4233 = 16GB/s

Main SoC:
384bit GDDR6 @ 18gbps = 864GB/s

864 + 16 = 880GB/s

:runaway:

Or some mix of ddr4 and hbm2/3 to add up to 880....

But just reading the way the post is worded and looking at the brief post history of the user I am highly skeptical that this is legit.
Unless there's a sea change in how this board operates, it remains the responsibility of members to decide who to trust or not, exactly like this. As nothing hinges on the validity of any rumours posted, there's no need to vet posters. That is, unless you're daft enough to put a down-payment on a PS5 based on a rumoured leaked spec, it really doesn't matter whether he's an insider or not, nor whether the specs are valid or not. They're another bunch of possibilities to consider. The poster doesn't gain anything from fly-by posting either. Honestly, I don't see it matters and don't see why some would want the mods to vet sources, except to establish a trustworthy source of leaks to learn about hardware months in advance. Why is that important? Why not just wait until announcements?

Unless there's a sea change in how this board operates, it remains the responsibility of members to decide who to trust or not, exactly like this. As nothing hinges on the validity of any rumours posted, there's no need to vet posters. That is, unless you're daft enough to put a down-payment on a PS5 based on a rumoured leaked spec, it really doesn't matter whether he's an insider or not, nor whether the specs are valid or not. They're another bunch of possibilities to consider. The poster doesn't gain anything from fly-by posting either. Honestly, I don't see it matters and don't see why some would want the mods to vet sources, except to establish a trustworthy source of leaks to learn about hardware months in advance. Why is that important? Why not just wait until announcements?

To me there is a big and clear distinction between people on here predicting hardware specs and analysing rumours...to claiming they have actual inside knowledge...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back