Retro gaming

Silent Bomber (PS)!

This game is so good and addictive! The graphics were great, too.
yup, not bad graphics for a PS1. The gameplay seems okay, but I am not convinced about the fact that your character seems to be there to evade shots and not much else, apart from dropping a bomb. I mean, it is like a Bomberman on steroids, but Bomberman is what it is and it does a perfect job at that.

yup, not bad graphics for a PS1. The gameplay seems okay, but I am not convinced about the fact that your character seems to be there to evade shots and not much else, apart from dropping a bomb. I mean, it is like a Bomberman on steroids, but Bomberman is what it is and it does a perfect job at that.
The game is just fun to play. The gameplay is quite satisfying, and the graphics, the music and the sound effects all add up to the experience. You can enjoy Bomberman and enjoy other games, as well.

The only bad thing about it right now, for me, is that I'm playing it via emulation and the controls get stuck for a second. In a fast-paced game such as this, this is fatal. I'm having a really hard time to beat one of the bosses.

Rage quit is just around the corner...

The game is just fun to play. The gameplay is quite satisfying, and the graphics, the music and the sound effects all add up to the experience. You can enjoy Bomberman and enjoy other games, as well.

The only bad thing about it right now, for me, is that I'm playing it via emulation and the controls get stuck for a second. In a fast-paced game such as this, this is fatal. I'm having a really hard time to beat one of the bosses.

Rage quit is just around the corner...
hahahaha, you are anticipating it. Which emulator do you use? And which hardware do you have to run it, if that's not asking much? Just to know where the issue might be.

hahahaha, you are anticipating it. Which emulator do you use? And which hardware do you have to run it, if that's not asking much? Just to know where the issue might be.
I remember playing this in my original PS and I went far ahead before having so much trouble. :-S

Now I'm playing it in my laptop (low end stuff, but I have used way lower specs hardware to play games without a hitch in the past) with PCSXR and my PS4 controller (with DS4Windows). I tried another controller plugin (currently using Lilypad) and the same issue happened. I haven't been able to play in other emulators because for no apparent reason they don't work even if I use the same BIOS, etc.

EDIT: maybe I should try using my DS3...

@Cyan , where are you? :runaway::mrgreen:
Oh god.

I am here.
I remember playing this in my original PS and I went far ahead before having so much trouble. :-S

Now I'm playing it in my laptop (low end stuff, but I have used way lower specs hardware to play games without a hitch in the past) with PCSXR and my PS4 controller (with DS4Windows). I tried another controller plugin (currently using Lilypad) and the same issue happened. I haven't been able to play in other emulators because for no apparent reason they don't work even if I use the same BIOS, etc.

EDIT: maybe I should try using my DS3...
guess the laptop is the most likely culprit, it's good enough if it can handle 60 fps most of the time. Another issue might be not being able to use other emulators... which is weird tbh. Which OS do you use and which emulators don't work?

Oh god.

I am here.

guess the laptop is the most likely culprit, it's good enough if it can handle 60 fps most of the time. Another issue might be not being able to use other emulators... which is weird tbh. Which OS do you use and which emulators don't work?
But I don't have issues with framerate/graphics, it's just the controller, and my previous laptop wasn't as powerful as the one I have now, and I'm having more issues.

I have Windows 10 and the emulators that didn't work were PSXFIN and EPSXE. But I'll try configuring again different plugins, etc.

@Cyan , meh, I quit the game. I tried other settings and I managed to have less issues with the stuck controllers (it still happens, but not as much). However, the game's difficulty is not forgiving towards these pad issues, and I don't have the time to play hours and hours for my gameplay/control to be that perfect so that I can overcome the additional difficulty of these faulty controls, besides the high level of difficulty of the game, as I said. I like beating difficult games, but this is over the top and I prefer to use my time on other things.

It's a pity, because the game is addictive, indeed (the feeling of planting bombs and exploding them is really well achieved).

So, thank you, next... and the next is...

SILENT HILL! I've been waiting so many years to play this game!! :love:

@Cyan , meh, I quit the game. I tried other settings and I managed to have less issues with the stuck controllers (it still happens, but not as much). However, the game's difficulty is not forgiving towards these pad issues, and I don't have the time to play hours and hours for my gameplay/control to be that perfect so that I can overcome the additional difficulty of these faulty controls, besides the high level of difficulty of the game, as I said. I like beating difficult games, but this is over the top and I prefer to use my time on other things.

It's a pity, because the game is addictive, indeed (the feeling of planting bombs and exploding them is really well achieved).

So, thank you, next... and the next is...

SILENT HILL! I've been waiting so many years to play this game!! :love:
are you using the same emulator with Silent Hill? Do they controls work fine now?

are you using the same emulator with Silent Hill? Do they controls work fine now?
I managed to play Silent Bomber on PSXFIN and the same issue happened. I tried with a Dualshock 3, as well. Different combinations with controllers, emulators and plugins... Same issue.

I'm playing Silent Hill with PCSX and everything is fine, but then again, you don't use the controller the way you need to use it in Silent Bomber, so who knows if the issue is still there but I just don't notice because I don't have to constantly use the left analogue and smash different buttons fast at the same time.

I'm enjoying the game, BTW, and I play it with original resolution and without any improvement in the graphics. ;)

Silent Hill is scary AF! :D

BTW, I like how the snowflakes don't just disappear or pass through the ground; they touch the ground and stay there for a second before "melting".

UNSquadron-Axelay.jpg

I was the greatest Greg Gates fan. It's the only pilot with which I managed to beat the game on the secret difficulty level, Gamer, and enjoy the special ending.

must point out that this game was launched 31 of January, 1999. 20 years exactly.

Will ever Konami make a decent remake like Capcom guys have done with RE 2 Remake and the remake of the original Resident Evil, which I have on PC and it's really great seeing those games running at 1080p or 4k and 60 fps with ease?​

Last edited by a moderator:
must point out that this game was launched 31 of January, 1999. 20 years exactly.

Will ever Konami make a decent remake like Capcom guys have done with RE 2 Remake and the remake of the original Resident Evil, which I have on PC and it's really great seeing those games running at 1080p or 4k and 60 fps with ease?​
BTW, I started Resident Evil 2.

I loved the original and this one seems to be even better!

The beginning is a bit tough. When I finally got to the police station, so that I could get a ribbon and use a typewriter... it turns out I didn't have any free slots in my virtual memory card in my PS3, so I was unable to save and now I'll have to start all over again. :-S

Back