Apex Legends (TitanFall Hero Battle Royal) [XO, XBSX|S, PS4, PS5, PC]

I wonder if the lack of wall running is a concession for networking performance ? Seems odd to not have it.

Guess I'll give it a go tonight since it's F2P.

played about 2 hours, game is very fun. Graphics are nice, performance is pretty stable, some slowdowns but nothing major
Servers work well ! no connection issues.
Good job !

Fairly well presented PC System requirements: https://www.ea.com/games/apex-legends/about/pc-system-requirements

Having all the best specs is great, but you still want control over the look and performance of your game. We have a whole suite of options available just for you PC folks out there:

PC Options
  • Adaptive Resolution FPS Target: 0 (off) - 100 (requires TSAA when Enabled)
  • Adaptive Supersampling: Disabled / Enabled
  • Anti-aliasing: None / TSAA
  • Aspect Ratio: 4:3 and 5:4 / 16:9 / 16:10 / 21:9
  • Ambient Occlusion: Disabled / Low / Medium / High
  • Color Blind Mode: Off / Protanopia / Deuteranopia / Tritanopia
  • Display Mode: Full screen / Windowed / Borderless Window
  • Dynamic Spot Shadows: Disabled / Enabled
  • Effects Detail: Low / Medium / High
  • FOV: Slider (70-110)
  • Impact Marks: Disabled / Low / High
  • Model Detail: Low / Medium / High
  • Ragdoll: Low / Medium / High
  • Spot Shadow Detail: Disabled / Low / High / Very High
  • Sun Shadow Coverage: Low / High
  • Sun Shadow Detail: Low / High
  • Texture Filtering: Bilinear, Trilinear, Anisotropic (2x, 4x, 8x, 16x)
  • Texture streaming budget: None / 2GB VRAM / 2-3 GB VRAM / 3 GB VRAM / 4 GB VRAM / 6 GB VRAM / 8 GB VRAM
  • V-Sync: Disabled / 3x buffered / Adaptive / Adaptive (1/2 rate)
  • Volumetric Lighting: Disabled / Enabled
Additional PC Features and Options
  • Fully remappable key bindings
  • Mouse acceleration: off/on
  • Streamer Mode: Off / Killer Only / All
  • ADS Mouse Sensitivity Multiplayer Slider: 0.2 upto 20.0
  • Gamepad support with multiple configs and sensitivity options
  • Voice Chat Record Mode: Push to Talk / Open Mic
  • Open mic threshold slider
  • Incoming voice chat volume slider
  • Play Incoming Text Chat as Speech: Off/On
    (Currently only available in English)
  • Convert Incoming Voice to Chat Text: Off/On
    (Currently only available in English)
Now that you have all the info you need, it’s time to enter the arena. Download Apex Legends for free* and we’ll see you in Kings Canyon.

I'm kind of confused as to why the adapative resolution fps target only goes up to 100. I mean, I have a 144hz monitor.

I'm kind of confused as to why the adapative resolution fps target only goes up to 100. I mean, I have a 144hz monitor.
It's a bizarrely described setting. I believe it's percentage... e.g. the game dynamically lowers when at some % of framerate, presumably the monitor refresh assuming V-sync.

When you set it to 0, you actually get the ability to use Double Buffer. Once you set it to some other number, double buffering disappears as an option.

well this will be the end of this developer. Maybe MS will buy them and TF3 will be xbox exclusive again.

EA owns them.
oh when did that happen ? I thought they made their own studio after the bs that happened with call of duty and the company taking away power to make decisions .

This is going to be like bungie. They wanted freedom but couldn't make it work and get bought out and became a shell of what they were

It is set in the Titanfall universe, if I heard the one trailer correctly. One can also immediately recognize the drop ships, large skeletal remains, building designs, and the robot frame as being directly from TF.

Lvl 7 on PC and lvl 4 on Xbox. Got chicken dinner. Almost did a back yo back chicken dinner. Totally hooked! My type of battle Royale.

And. I really suck at aiming LOL. Left the PC scene for too long.

Performance isn’t as high as I want it to be. Getting about 70-80 FPS on 1070 at 1080p ultra settings. It’s good with Gsync though.

Xbox One X isn’t 4K though or if it is it’s got a terrible AA algo. Can’t pixel count though so I’ll wait for the official number.

Back