Beyond3D Slack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rys

Graphics @ AMD
Veteran
Supporter
Hi all,

Following yesterday's unscheduled downtime due to forum VM issues, which itself follows similar downtime recently, I need a reliable way of folks being able to notify me if anything's happened, and beef up the monitoring I have in place to notify me automatically.

To that end, because I'm on Slack all day for work, I've created a workspace there for Beyond3D stuff to which you're all invited. It's not a replacement for the forums, but might be a fun place to have some side-channel real-time discussions about graphics, and most importantly give you a direct line to me if anything goes screwy.

I'll also integrate the monitoring system with Slack, so that it'll post messages to a maintenance channel when it notices anything going wrong.

https://join.slack.com/t/beyond3d/shared_invite/zt-6x2gnw39-7~svckvxZEBZn9BuGHt0AA

There's the link, click to join me.

For the forum mod team: if you join (zero requirement to) then send me a message and I'll invite you into the maintenance channels so you can keep an eye on things with me.

I use that all the time at work too so will add.

Update: while signing up for the new Slack workspace I tried to get beyond3d.slack.com, but couldn't because it was already taken by someone. So I created it with beyond-3d.slack.com instead. Anyway, while adding the workspace to Slack on my phone this morning, to get notifications in case something goes wrong, the magic link that Slack emails you to login also reminded me that it was valid for beyond3d.slack.com. Turns out I'd created that workspace in 2015 for something else.

So I've cleaned that workspace up, updated the link in the first post to point to it, and deleted the new workspace. Yay me.

You're a visionary before your own time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back