The Official, Long Awaited, TV Shows Thread

Yeah, same formula repeated over and over. It's kind of a guilty pleasure for me, because I find it annoying, as I said, but I also like to watch it.
I also watched it, but at the end mostly because I'm a fan of Kiefer

Here, so no one says it didn't happen :D

IMG-20190118-130010.jpg

IMG-20190118-125951.jpg

IMG-20190118-125945.jpg

IMG-20190118-125932.jpg

Last edited:
I finished Twin Peaks, second season (1991). :cry:

I hope the last season (a modern TV show, 2017) is up to the original.

I finished Twin Peaks, second season (1991). :cry:

I hope the last season (a modern TV show, 2017) is up to the original.

It depends on what you liked about the original series.

Did you like the eeriness of it?
The soap opera, mysteries.

The new run it´s Lynch on steroids, Be prepared

(The network as soon as they got the story wanted to get rid of Lynch XD )

It depends on what you liked about the original series.

Did you like the eeriness of it?
The soap opera, mysteries.

The new run it´s Lynch on steroids, Be prepared

(The network as soon as they got the story wanted to get rid of Lynch XD )
I liked everything of it. :D

I'll start this season in a few weeks, I guess.

Binge-watched Derry Girls, Sexual Education and Pose. Really enjoyed all three shows. Hopefully Derry Girls is gonna get the full-blown series treatment eventually. At 6 episodes lasting just a tad over 20 minutes each, it's really more of a delightful tease. And maybe they could reign in the performance of the lead actress a little while they're at it. Her face is so goddamned "animated" she reminds me of a Chuck Jones cartoon.

I was watching Season Two of the Punisher last night, and I got to hear one of the veterans in his therapy group refer to his hometown as basically a shithole, and full of losers. This episode was set in NYC, and the veteran mentioned the hometown by its name, Mastic.

Lol, that's not too far from me, here on Long Island, outside NYC, and I'm looking forward to seeing my friends from there. Some of the bars in Mastic can be the kind of places you'd want Frank Castle as your wingman, and its residents probably let out out an appreciative cheer at the shout-out. :)

Binge-watched Derry Girls, Sexual Education and Pose. Really enjoyed all three shows. Hopefully Derry Girls is gonna get the full-blown series treatment eventually. At 6 episodes lasting just a tad over 20 minutes each, it's really more of a delightful tease. And maybe they could reign in the performance of the lead actress a little while they're at it. Her face is so goddamned "animated" she reminds me of a Chuck Jones cartoon.

I really loved Sex Education. Way better than I expected it would be.

I thought the Punisher 2 was disappointing, liked the first episode much better.

Derry Girls left me cold, unfortunately. Just didn't think it was funny.

However, should point out that, as a British show (OK, not British as it is based in Norn Ireland, but you know what I mean), it will only be 6 episodes per series. We don't tend to do the massive long runs of the US shows.

Had me in stitches. I thought it all felt so refreshingly different, not to mention insightful. I particularly loved the head mistress of the school. Btw, as a non-native English speaker, DG was just about the only show for which I had to turn on subtitles.

Had me in stitches. I thought it all felt so refreshingly different, not to mention insightful. I particularly loved the head mistress of the school. Btw, as a non-native English speaker, DG was just about the only show for which I had to turn on subtitles.

Understandable. I've been living in Northern Ireland for close to 7 years now and I still have a hard time sometimes :D

Depends on your religious persuasion, doesn't it? Some pretty scary places in that area (and in Belfast) when I visited on business some years back though it probably didn't help that I was driving a car with a UK numberplate. It's quite startling to be driving through a regular street which looks like any you would see in many British towns only to be suddenly faced by a mural across the side of a house painted to glorify masked paramilitaries!

Just to add, we've got quite a few customers in Northern Ireland and it's unusual to be able to ascertain their religion depending on how they write out their address! Unless they are called Mohammed, of course. ;)

First time I went to Belfast, which was 1990 at the height of the troubles, and I was ~20 something, I got into a taxi at the airport, driver was really chatty until we stopped at a roadblock. He wound down the windows and a 17 year-old lad in British Army combat fatigues shoved an SA80 in my face and asked me who I was and WTF I was doing in Belfast. Not the sort of thing we mainlanders usually had to deal with.

When I got into a taxi in Belfast, the driver stopped picked someone else up and dropped them off,
went through parts of the city at 94mph, didnt know where Belfast harbour airport was,
when we got to the checkpoint he told us to say he was a friend giving us a lift as he wasnt allowed to
carry passengers and ddt know how to open the boot.

Back