Quantic Dreams goes multiplatform

https://venturebeat.com/2019/01/29/why-netease-and-quantic-dream-are-teaming-up-for-games-on-multiple-platforms/

Why NetEase and Quantic Dream are teaming up for games on multiple platforms

Simon Zhu: A company of our size and stature doesn’t make investments lightly, and we have of course taken great care in analyzing all aspects of Quantic Dream, in particular the studio culture. This is very important for us, as we take great care of these matters in our own company. We have been able to spend time with the Quantic Dream team, to learn to know the studio culture, and we have seen nothing that points to any of the allegations published by certain press.

GamesBeat: After Detroit, what else are you working on?

Cage: It is too early to reveal anything about our future projects. What I can say is that we are working on our next engine that will be cross- platform and even more impressive than anything we have done before. We will keep working on projects that are ambitious and original, building on the genre we pioneered and that we will continue to develop, but we also want to explore new grounds.

amesBeat: Are you still going to focus on Sony platforms? Or will you spread out to new platforms?

Guillaume de Fondaumière: We will continue to work on PlayStation, which is a platform we love and that we know very well. but we will also consider other platforms as we want to make our creations accessible to as many gamers as possible worldwide, regardless of the platform. This is definitely a shift for us after 12 years developing exclusively for PlayStation. But at the same time we have developed engines on PC, Dreamcast, Xbox, PS2, PS3, PS4, and PS4 Pro. Thus, we are confident we can make a smooth transition while keeping the high level of quality that we target for our games.

We learned a lot working with PlayStation for so long, and we now want to bring these learning to other platforms.

When it comes to being multi platform they've been 50/50

* Multi platform

Detroit: Become Human
Prey *
Dishonored 2 *
White Night
Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy - Remastered *
Beyond: Two Souls
Dishonored *
Heavy Rain: Move Edition
Red Steel 2
Heavy Rain
Indigo Prophecy *
Omikron: The Nomad Soul *

When it comes to being multi platform they've been 50/50

* Multi platform

Detroit: Become Human
Prey *
Dishonored 2 *
White Night
Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy - Remastered *
Beyond: Two Souls
Dishonored *
Heavy Rain: Move Edition
Red Steel 2
Heavy Rain
Indigo Prophecy *
Omikron: The Nomad Soul *

Prey, Dishonored and Dishonored 2 are from Arkane studio nothing to do with Quantic Dreams out of been another french studio.

After Farenheit they only did Games on Playstation.

I wonder if they were ever in discussions with Microsoft Studios, considering how many studios they've been rumored to be looking at.

They say they are one of the biggest publishers, but I ve never ever heard of them
Biggest Pay2Win mobile videogame publisher in the world.
They mostly have MOBAs, where they basically rehash the same game over and over but change the assets between different games (Diablo Immortal being one of them).

Recently, they've been getting their hands on western dev houses. From what I know it was Blizzard, Bungie and CCP (EVE series) last year, now Quantic Dream...

Biggest Pay2Win mobile videogame publisher in the world.
They mostly have MOBAs, where they basically rehash the same game over and over but change the assets between different games (Diablo Immortal being one of them).

Recently, they've been getting their hands on western dev houses. From what I know it was Blizzard, Bungie and CCP (EVE series) last year, now Quantic Dream...
I sense a bad omen

What does pay to win even look like in a QD game? Pay £5 for it to select QTE prompts for you? Pay £3 to skip to an unnecessary shower scene? ;-)

Dragon's Lair.

Every time you don't select proper exact movement while the movie is playing, you die.

Smells like QD was in need of more money, but didn't want to give up control. Sony or MS would probably only accept a complete buy out, they'd want it for exclusivity.

Guillaume Defondaumiere is the amazing businessman who said used games are piracy, and lending games to a friend when you finished it is also piracy. In terms of ethics, he seems compatible with a company selling games using a gambling model and gaas.

As long as David Cage is allowed to make the games he wants it's not dramatic, I guess. But investors tend to want something other than artistic value.

Hopefully the publisher wants to branch out to narrative driven games and they're willing to just let them be, without feeling the need to litter them with microtransactions.

Although I'm fine with cosmetic items like enormous afros. In fact, not enough games have those.

Smells like QD was in need of more money, but didn't want to give up control. Sony or MS would probably only accept a complete buy out, they'd want it for exclusivity.

Actually, it sounds to me like they see an enormous future in their kind of games being playable streamed on mobile platforms and through services like Netflix. They have already been experimenting with using phone apps to control their PS3/PS4 games to make them more accessible, etc. Minecraft: Story Mode and Bandersnatch demonstrates their interest in this kind of content as well.

Back