Intel CEO Brian Krzanich fired, NOT for insider trading or fab delays. You won't believe why!

I guess it depends on whether you're a CEO that's dedicated to a company or a CEO that's dedicated to a company until someone writes a check with lots of zeroes.

It's not as black and white. (dedication vs cold, hard $$$ )
Professionally, beyond paychecks, maybe not all CEO positions are the same (i wouldn't know ;) ). You'd seek some freedom of movent, descision power and prestige too.

But yeah, she may very well have a clause not allowing her to jump to Intel . That didn't stop the rumors too much

Yeah stock is already taking a hit.

A bean counter as Intel's CEO doesn't sound excellent, and the fact that they're keeping the interim CEO sounds like they just couldn't find anyone else to take the job.

Or they need some "cleanup" before somebody else take the jobs, and Swan, knowing the company, is the best qualified guy for that. Or, you know, he is maybe really good at being a CEO too... Maybe he has the right people working for/with him now... we'll see...

Or they need some "cleanup" before somebody else take the jobs, and Swan, knowing the company, is the best qualified guy for that
He's been with Intel for less than 3 years. Doesn't that make him the CEO with the least history with Intel?

He's been with Intel for less than 3 years. Doesn't that make him the CEO with the least history with Intel?

Yeah but replacing the current CEO with another internal name would have been a huge "we don't trust you" message to Swan, and a bad look for Intel I guess. If they're head hunting outside of the company, and some cleanup is still in motion / needed, Swan might be the best guy for now...

Back