Resident Evil 2 Remake [XO, PS4, PC]

It looks that will be the E3 demo of the game [which was also timed at 30mins]. This will be a good chance to test the PC performance.

If I like the demo I will buy it someday. I would not have bought SOTR without a demo and in the end the game entertained me well to very well.

Another example that very good graphics are possible at 60 fps this gen, but only on linear games.

Multiplayers games look good too, but they are less complex by definition.

Battlefield 5 has more physics, destruction and wider areas than most singleplayer games. RE 2 seems to have mosly small areas. I would not necessarely call this more complex.

Last edited:
Thank goodness for my 10 profiles...I wonder if I can switch profiles before the timer runs out and continue ;)
juasjuasjuas you are a man always ready for a contingency like this.

Alas, I won't touch the demo. My 80GB/month satellite connection don¡t allow for that. I have to change the plan, I am missing thing that I like 'cos of limitations, but I can't switch the plan nor the internet provider til April or so

I'm just gonna buy the game on release. Avoided spoiling myself as best as I could so far. Really don't need a timed demo which, from what I've heard, hasn't even that much to do with the classic Survial Horror gameplay loop I'm looking forward to so much. RE1 and RE2 were basically elaborate puzzle boxes. Fending off zombies was an important part of that, but it wasn't really the primary draw. I'd rather play what sounds like RE bonus content once I'm done with the main game.

The demo is great. There are a few puzzles on the demo even if those were useless to see the end. The end of the demo was not interesting actually (you can do that in like 5-10 minutes), I had more fun exploring, shooting zombies and trying to do the easy puzzles.

The most important is that the controls are great, intuitive and very responsive. They nailed that part.

can't wait to replay this game. Two things stand out from this demo after watching some youtube videos:

- The silence !!! I truly LOVE that.

- the respect for the zombies. In this game zombies bring terror typical of RE games, instead of being stupid shitless worthless meat made for mincing machines. (in fact, I HATE most modern zombie games 'cos of that, and they became too mainstream)

XB1X version holds up the best, Xbox One version though....

Last edited:
can't wait to replay this game. Two things stand out from this demo after watching some youtube videos:

- The silence !!! I truly LOVE that.

- the respect for the zombies. In this game zombies bring terror typical of RE games, instead of being stupid shitless worthless meat made for mincing machines. (in fact, I HATE most modern zombie games 'cos of that, and they became too mainstream)
I miss the eerie soundtrack playing in the background

interesting design choice with that elevetad black level / low contrast look

Resident Evil 2s picture is a grey soup where the blacks are brighter than the worst LCD black and the bright scenes are relatively dark. This makes a modest impression due to the low contrast image.

Otherwise the zombies are threatening (also very well animated) and the visuals are good. The artifact-rich SSRs distract.

Screenshots which show the low contrast image of this game.
Resident Evil 2.jpg Resident Evil 2.1.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, I've tested that too a few minutes ago. I calibrated many TVs professionally and I do not agree with him on every point since he goes to a full black crush where even brighter areas are too dark.

My settings

Color space: Rec.709
settings_1.jpg
settings_2.jpg
settings_2.2.jpg

First one could be this (I'd have to do a little more testing).
Second one must set to the minimum (everything else is wrong -> no black possible).
Third one could be this (still need to test).

Vignetting off is also very helpfull.

Last edited:
XB1X version holds up the best, Xbox One version though....

PS4 renders at a native resolution of 1920x1080. PS4 Pro and Xbox One X render at a resolution of 2880x1620, and the PS4 Pro downsamples from this resolution when outputting at 1080p. Xbox One renders at a resolution of 1920x1080. PS4 Pro, Xbox One and Xbox One X seem to be using a reconstruction technique to reach their stated resolutions.
Why does the demo run on the Xbox One X at the same resolution as the PS4Pro version?

Lazy Devs ...
Forced parity by Sony ...

In all honesty, lets wait and see how the released and patched game handles and parforms before getting into extensive discussions about it.

Resolution parity is the least of XBX game problems here...Too strong TXAA / FXAA (like in RE7) during gameplay is:

Pro (left) / XBX (right) pics:
5s7epx.png

untitledg8fid.png

Lazy Devs ...
Forced parity by Sony ...

In all honesty, lets wait and see how the released and patched game handles and parforms before getting into extensive discussions about it.
Not acceptable! Are you new in the internet? :runaway:

I hope they can improve the Xb1 version.

Is there any infos about playanywhere?

Resolution parity is the least of XBX game problems here...Too strong TXAA / FXAA (like in RE7) during gameplay is:

Pro (left) / XBX (right) pics:
5s7epx.png

untitledg8fid.png
wait what? The XBX version of the demo is running at a lower resolution? Or this is just the AA solution they choose? Its a peculiar choice for a platform that is supposed to show better clarity

Back