Dead or Alive 6 [XO, PS4]

sigh...... I know if I get it day zero, I'm just going to end up giving them more money in a year for when they bring back Momiji and Rachel plus more costumes. :| o_O

That's what keeping me from getting Dragonball Fighters. If you want all the characters you're looking at 100€ (if you get the season pack), and if Arc is sticking to the Guilty Gear model the game's gonna be obsolete in a couple of months anyway because that's when they're gonna release some 1.5 version of the game at full price which won't be downwards compatible with the last game for some reason.

Based on this video, aesthetically it is a mess
yikes! my crappy internet streams at 480p and it looks bad. then i manually change it to 1080p

Whoa! it is an aesthetic mess indeed. the art direction/style/quality clash is so jarring.

Yeah, I'll chalk it up to inexperience with the change in the renderer & how they need to light things differently. I do feel things still look improved over the initial reveal, so it may all look better in a year's time anyway. xD

video unavailable

Here's another link.
----

Sidenote, seems like there may be a core fighters happening again (saw a link on MS store).

Beta Test for PSN for the weekend I think:
https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP4108-CUSA14563_00-DOA6ONLINEBETA00

Kasumi Clones. Everywhere.

j/k

Xila7OY.jpg

Yeah, I'll chalk it up to inexperience with the change in the renderer & how they need to light things differently. I do feel things still look improved over the initial reveal, so it may all look better in a year's time anyway. xD

Here's another link.
----

Sidenote, seems like there may be a core fighters happening again (saw a link on MS store).

Beta Test for PSN for the weekend I think:
https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP4108-CUSA14563_00-DOA6ONLINEBETA00
oh no... i'm getting terrible flashbacks from our rounds

Maybe they should make it like how they have settings for jiggly things - add a second level of destruction and have folks choose how much destruction they want to see. :V

Tier 0 - invincible materials
Tier 1 - rips & sleeves
Tier 2 - Dragonball Z clothing destruction :runaway:

Maybe they should make it like how they have settings for jiggly things - add a second level of destruction and have folks choose how much destruction they want to see. :V

Tier 0 - invincible materials
Tier 1 - rips & sleeves
Tier 2 - Dragonball Z clothing destruction :runaway:

Can we have them add...

Tier 3 - Catfight?

Regards,
SB

I tried the demo last night.

Turns out the background is so busy, it overwhelm PS4 pro's video encoder or remoteplay bandwidth limit or something.

@1080p60 remoteplay, The game stutters, lots of macro blocks, then becomes smooth again when the fights ends where the one that moves are only the character. Or when remoteplay automatically downgrade to 720p, it's smooth again.

Anyway, I think they did something weird with the "impact" effect.

Yeah it feels more "deadly" with each impact but it doesn't feel as "smooth flow" as DOA5.

In DOA5 and previous DOA, the fights are deadly AND smooth like they are dancing or something.

I'm trying to think of a good reason for the ring on her leather neck piece there, and I'm getting funny feelings.

I don't think I realized before that DOA6 removed tag mode, supposedly because of the new engine. No more of this:

https://gematsu.com/2019/01/dead-or-alive-6-hands-on-preview-and-interview-with-producer-director-yohei-shimbori said:
A lot of folks were wondering about Tag Mode. I didn’t see one in the build I played earlier, which was final.

Shimbori: “I’m a huge fan of Tag Mode, and I’m sorry to say that it’s not included in this game. The reason behind this, however, is because we ran out of memory on the game itself. And that’s due to the graphical improvements, which consumes a lot of the memory of the game data itself. If the graphics level was the same as the previous game, then we would have added it into the game.”

Last edited:
Nothing makes sense in this game even as fiction :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Yeah. Adding insult to insury is the fact that the devs really do seem to think they're onto something good in terms of writing here. At least that's how it came across with DoA5's story mode. It was such a bloated, cringeworthy bore and it was delivered without the slightest hint of irony.

The DoA movie got it exactly right: loads of fighting, sexy montages - they even threw in a beach volleyball one - , a sense of humor, lots of energy, self awareness, and a mustache-twirling villain with a preposterous masterplan. The way the director thoroughly embraced the source material reminded me of the way the first Mortal Kombat movie was handled.

The late Ryan Davis summed it up quite nicely in his review: "It's not good. But it's enthusiastic about being bad."

Last edited:
Back