Subscriptions and Donations

Yeah, the mobile version of the forums is very good. I wonder how many people I'd piss off if I just disabled Tapatalk...

We get zero new users or discovery from it, so it's not driving any traffic here.

Last edited:
There's a mobile version??
Tapatalk does my head in. Let me seeeeeee
Modern website design is responsive. There isn't a mobile "version" per se, like the old days of a website directing to an m.domain.com with a completely different code. It simply changes the layout dynamically based on the device width to better suit the constrained view.

btw @Rys, since we're talking mobile and getting rid of Tapatalk, there's a setting in XF under Style Properties -> Header and Navigation called "Open Graph Logo". If you have a png of your favicon, you can put the relative path to it there and when an icon is created on the home screens of iOS or Android, it uses that logo. Without that specified, it won't use any logo.

You can try it on my site yaktribe.org/community

@Rys @Malo I really can't believe I'm going to say this as I absolutely despise Tapa now ... The one potential downside to ditching TT is for some people it's their way to access the forums while at work since their internet filters are jacked up or not managed properly and somehow haven't added TT to the block list. I believe @AzBat indicated that earlier. I wonder if ForumRunner is any better or if they're not blocked.

If you log out of Tapatalk and back in, the ads should be gone. Let me know if that doesn't work for any of you Tapatalk users.

There's a mobile version??
Tapatalk does my head in. Let me seeeeeee
Yeah, the mobile version of the forums is very good. I wonder how many people I'd piss off if I just disabled Tapatalk...

We get zero new users or discovery from it, so it's not driving any traffic here.

The mobile version still have a few bugs like: cutout ads and and... I think Its just that haha.

I guess if I donate, the ads will gone and the layout will be fine again.

Sorry, but the mobile version is not at all good. In fact, it's a slow piece of shit compared to Tapatalk & that's with high speed 4G mobile Internet here in the States. So yeah I would be pissed off if you disabled Tapatalk.

Tommy McClain

Sorry, but the mobile version is not at all good. In fact, it's a slow piece of shit compared to Tapatalk & that's with high speed 4G mobile Internet here in the States. So yeah I would be pissed off if you disabled Tapatalk.
I don't experience any performance issues, it's very fast. Possibly any performance problems may be with ads, thereby going subscriber may solve your problems.

The ad removal on Tapatalk nerfed the ability to uncheck the "sent from my phone" on replies. But I can go back & edit the post & manually remove the text. So not really a big deal.

Tommy McClain

At least on iOS, that's a global setting under Me, Settings, Signature.

I've just noticed that my subscription hasn't been going through since December. A quick dig around my spam folder revealed a genuine PayPal email stating "GPU Tools Ltd has suspended your automatic payments. Contact GPU Tools Ltd for more details or to reactivate your payments." - which coincided with my old Visa card expiring and my one new one going live.

As far as I can tell every other monthly subscription through PayPal survived my card change details. I've re-subscribed but would have spotted this sooner if the 'Subscriber' tag under my name had disappeared.

Perhaps some backend code isn't working?

@Rys , I don't find the donation page. :oops:

First Post links to the main Help entry for Subscriptions and Donations: https://forum.beyond3d.com/help/subscribe-and-donate/

On that page, there is a link (that's hard to tell) about Account Upgrades: https://forum.beyond3d.com/account/upgrades

You can subscribe with a User Upgrade. If you're logged in, go to the following link:

Account Upgrades

Then just choose a tier, fill in your details on Paypal, and then follow the flow all the way through to the end.

Oh, but I see that donations are disabled. I only wanted to donate like the last time.

So the only way to give money is by subscription, now?
The donations plugin is incompatible with the current forum software (and now unsupported, so I can't just download the latest plugin version to fix it). In the meantime, until I figure out a different option, you can donate directly to the PayPal address: paypal@gpu.tools

Thanks!

The donations plugin is incompatible with the current forum software (and now unsupported, so I can't just download the latest plugin version to fix it). In the meantime, until I figure out a different option, you can donate directly to the PayPal address: paypal@gpu.tools

Thanks!
Done! :)

Just noticed that I had 2 automatic (recurring) payments on PayPal left since I've upgraded my subscription tier.

This is also visible on the account upgrade page. I think generally people want to be subscribed to a single tier at one time.

Do we have to manually cancel the old tier atm? It might be just me unable to properly navigate throught that, can't recall ;-)

Go here for account upgrades

Looking there apparently I have a monthly and a yearly active lol

yeah, that's what i'm saying. the system keeps the old subscriptions active which is prolly not most intuitive

Back