This 87 years old grandmother, has played 3.580 hours of Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Cyan

orange
Legend
Supporter
This is very endearing to me, just like the 80-something grandmother who still plays Skyrim whose channel I shared time ago, or the also 80-something man who couldn't find anyone to do a Raid in Destiny 2 and a clan helped him.

Since video games are a form of leisure, just like many older people play cards or dominoes, why wouldn't them be able to play video games if their health permits? They probably won't beat a schump or Trouble Neo Witches, nor Dark Souls but there are so many games that can be played regardless. This we now see anecdotal is something which in the future will be much more common.

original story here:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...opping_3580_hours_on_animal_crossing_new_leaf

I’ve been playing Wordfeud with my 94 yo grandmother for almost a year now, one of the things she picked up on her first smartphone (though I think she should move over to an iPad ...)

i always wonder, what going in their mind when they get their hands on tech like this?

i mean, they were born in a time far far further away than when theres not even a color TV right? computer as big as a room! Maybe even before radio was widespread!

I was born when color TVs were fairly new and no phones or home computers. She was born 50 years before that!

This is going to be the story of everyone on this forum.

The retirement age keeps creeping up, so I've little doubt that, by the time I'm of retirement age, I'll be given a week's holiday before being turned into Soylent Green. But if that doesn't happen, I'm going to complete every planet in NMS.

An elderly married couple has been playing Mario Kart every morning for 18 years to decide who makes the tea.

MKRx3Vi.jpg

This is going to be the story of everyone on this forum.

The retirement age keeps creeping up, so I've little doubt that, by the time I'm of retirement age, I'll be given a week's holiday before being turned into Soylent Green. But if that doesn't happen, I'm going to complete every planet in NMS.
NMS? Whatever NMS is when you get really old I imagine you playing that in between naps.

When retirement is there I am goint to play Age of Empires and so on and so forth... One has to wonder if one will keep the thrill to follow gaming guides of previous games you loved and discoverall the easter eggs and hidden stuff or trying to be the best at them --this was always my style when playing classic games, dunno in the future.

The one with enough rubber-banding to ensure the winner is randomised and not always the best player? That's very useful in this case for deciding who makes the tea...

Notice they are playing battle mode, the only correct mode to play that game on.

Back