Sony VR Headset/Project Morpheus/PlayStation VR

When I came out of that game yesterday for the first time I had a short while where all dimensions felt off and I felt like I was much bigger than normal. Really weird experience!

Not a feeling. It's a known side effect of extended VR use for the player to grow a couple inches. But it wears off in a few dozen minutes.

star-wars-gif.gif

It certainly feels that way sometimes! And one or two YouTube videos have been nicely edited to look like that! :)

Only a few songs left to go on expert. Angel Voices is pretty crazy though! I am playing this following a sports regime of every other day, so my body can recover and overcompensate. I really do feel I am getting more fit ... I generally play about one hour each time.

Nice break beats but they make it a pretty tough song, it’s 6 minuties and it contains more than twice the number of blocks to slash (1202) of any other song (many are around 400) ...

Oh and campaign mode perhaps gets a bit too hard too quickly if you ask me. I am at level 23 or thereabouts now.

It certainly feels that way sometimes! And one or two YouTube videos have been nicely edited to look like that! :)

Only a few songs left to go on expert. Angel Voices is pretty crazy though! I am playing this following a sports regime of every other day, so my body can recover and overcompensate. I really do feel I am getting more fit ... I generally play about one hour each time.

Nice break beats but they make it a pretty tough song, it’s 6 minuties and it contains more than twice the number of blocks to slash (1202) of any other song (many are around 400) ...

Oh and campaign mode perhaps gets a bit too hard too quickly if you ask me. I am at level 23 or thereabouts now.

Yep the difficulty ramp so suddenly!

Heck, see here how over excited I am after barely passing the song !

Yeah you feel really cool when playing this ...

I uploaded a bit of me playing at the highest level with the speed modifier on for some of the songs. I actually saved and uploaded it for passing Angel Voices for the first time, which is the last six minutes, but my first expert faster song pass is in there too. And a couple of fails ... [emoji16][emoji51]

This guy has been doing a really good job of estimating the sales of PSVR extrapolated from new r/PSVR subscribers. December was huge! PSVR has most likely sold more than 4M units by now, having sold around 2M in 2018. That is around an increase of 100% compared to last year. Are we witnessing a snow ball effect? Could we see 8M units sold by the end of this generation? 10M would be great and roughly 10% of the total PS4 user base, but most likely hard to reach.

I know people who have bought in. I think the software library is also now solid, and not a risk. Get a PSVR and you have Astrobot (constantly raved about everywhere), Beat Sabre, Tetris, and all the other great experiences that are proven.

Well it is still 280 or so with the move controllers? So not nothing, but certainly getting there. And yeah, the game library is definitely there.

Well it is still 280 or so with the move controllers? So not nothing, but certainly getting there. And yeah, the game library is definitely there.

A little bit under that (250/260) if you buy second hand move controllers and one of the least expensive bundles. Or even lower if you get it without any games (~230).

I know people who have bought in. I think the software library is also now solid, and not a risk. Get a PSVR and you have Astrobot (constantly raved about everywhere), Beat Sabre, Tetris, and all the other great experiences that are proven.

I would say that Rez is super awesome in VR!

I'm loving polybius(though I play on rift). Somehow I get amazing feeling of flow when playing it. Though it's not pretty nor have much depth. Pretty much you have music, psychedelic graphics and zoom into horizon. I have no idea why I love it because typically these types of games frustrate me to no end...

I guess it must be jeff minter magic to make such a simple thing into flow masterpiece. The 2d graphics on youtube make the game look real sucky, but in vr it's somehow magic.

I just got a rare gold trophy, 15 songs expert level rank S no modifiers. 0.5% of players have it right now ... I think the next ones, 15 songs full combo on hard and expert are going to be frustrating though, I rarely get a full combo, always at least 2 mistakes. So this will take a good amount of work I bet! But I enjoy the game so much, I will go for the Platinum on this one. Those two, one more no fail campaign song, and a 500 combo is I think ‘all ‘ I have left.

Well I almost got one full combo today - I hit all the blocks but also set off one bomb. And to think you can actually turn these off for this trophy. But I think I might be able to get SS on that one so I will probably keep trying with the modifiers on.

I also got a 600+ combo on angel voices but then failed near the end, forgetting to stay focused because the 500 combo trophy only counts when you actually finish the song - aargh.

A frustrating session then but on the other hand it’s clearly possible and I am inching ever closer. I am also playing more and more on faster speed expert and even passed the songs I found hardest so far on that now.

Finally when I asked about Expert+ the developer said on Twitter that they are currently testing it in PS4 so it is likely coming. Cool!

This is now my regular workout routine for when I don’t feel like working out outdoors. I do it almost every other day.

Also entering the top 1000 high scores on most songs ...

How do you contact them? I never got any reply on reddit and their Twitter.

(leader board shows blank. Hever works)

Back