Next Generation Hardware Speculation with a Technical Spin [2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder who the guests will be.

My guess is that they may announce a few enterprise wins or big follow-on orders - definitely not anything that's material to consoles. If we get any sort of technical details on Zen 2 and Navi, we'll at least have some meat to chew on here.

Overcooked is good, but it isn't AAA.

The rest of the specs all seem feasible, but nothing beyond any of this forum's more constrained guesses.

GPU: 14TF is reasonable when you consider variants of Vega64 can get close to that on an older node. And "some sort of RT" could refer to anything from marketing getting liberal with the term when referring to SSR, to a general push for compute based RT shadows.

Memory: 24GB of GDDR6 on a 384bit bus has pretty much been established as the minimum for requisite bandwidth. 32GB would be lovely, but 24 pretty much seems to be the minimum.

Btw, if there is any truth to those specs, I don't see the point in launching later than 2019.
The games aren't ready, might cost $499 than $449 in 2019.
Every time I hear a 14 TF console my heart beats a little faster:), this would actually be a true next gen leap in power if we're sticking to 4k checkerboard or temporal methods.
Also I wonder if there would be further mentions of PS5's code name as "Erebus".

Yes, the software that justifies the next gen (look at LoU2 - it has to look better than that!) also 14TF would be nice but also points to 2020 (to me anyway) as they will want to release an affordable machine at $450 tops and steer clear of $500.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back