Dreams : create, share & play [PS4, PS5]

A bit more about how you qualify;

If you Signed Up for the newsletter with an Email associated with a PSN account, and that account meets requirements (18+, certain regions (US, Europe, Middle East, Africa, Australia, Canada, maybe more???)), you will get a code tommorow
If you signed up for the newsletter with an Email not associated with a PSN account, you will have to contact MM(I will update with specifics for that as well) and provide the email you signed up with and provide your PSN.

Are any of you in the beta??

I should be - I signed up in November with one of my PSN accounts...although I'm not quite sure what the full list of 'requirements' are!? I assume as long as it's not a banned account (or something like that) it should be fine.

Welcome, PSVRgames!

We really appreciate your support for Media Molecule, so we’re inviting you to become an early tester in our Creator Beta! Starting December 19th, our closest friends, family and community can go hands-on with the creation tools in Dreams.

:cool:

Now I just need to find the time...:LOL:

Welcome, PSVRgames!

We really appreciate your support for Media Molecule, so we’re inviting you to become an early tester in our Creator Beta! Starting December 19th, our closest friends, family and community can go hands-on with the creation tools in Dreams.

:cool:

Bragging is not tolerated here. :nope:

I quickly signed up as soon as I heard but probably too late anyway. Oh well. It would have been nice though with the holidays I would actually have some time.

Do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it.

Do it, please! o_O

I quickly signed up as soon as I heard but probably too late anyway. Oh well. It would have been nice though with the holidays I would actually have some time.
Yep. They had a rush of sign ups, none of which counts. ;) You might be on the list for the earlier January Beta though.

i am also a big fan of Dreams all along since the PS4 Event but i need to say something. It is something, A hunch wich grow on me over all those years. Especially after more and more of the capabilitys of the toolset even for normal folks became known.
So, i have the feeling that at some Point middle in development some black suits in marketing at Sony got afraid of their creation. And\ or as they discovered the "rapid prototyping for Developers is also an Option" Path....

Something is wrong.. I mean in all those Streams - did ever someone of you saw them confonted with a Bug? Every stream i saw Dreams would not hang up, not freezer the screen or any other Problem. Actually it did not look like there is much left buggy.

I think the biggest Problem is that "someone" "somewhere" is not comfortable anymore with handing out basicly a very powerfull gamecreation tool to the public. Or maybe there is suddenly a legal problem with selling the toolset to real Developers and on the same time to the public Audience.

I suspicion therefore that secretly some totaly unpopular Decision was made. A decision wich will lead if not handled properly to a major backlash. Iam affraid that they will not keep Dreams in its current state to release for public.
I assume they radicaly circumcise it in functionality.

But why i even suspect this?

Not to long ago my company , it is one of the biggest chemistry service providers - we test about to released Pesticides beforehand to check them for their harmfullnes to non target organisms like bees and earthworms and so on, but testing them means spraying them in controlled conditions on specialy prepared field wich we lease from farmers. Wich also means we are out there in puplic in an enviroment that carrys many negative views about pesticides in general. This means we could run into passerbys wich could start to ask questions and could possibly bring the company into trouble (report to police, report to media and so on) if not handled with care. Therefore (and now i come to the Point) we got schoold in Public Relations by a special Company. It was a 2 Days seminar and in the end we had worked out a Handout or a Pamphlet about how to handle those "stakeholders" ...

So all those months i just had the suspicion, but no clear evidence. I mean i still have not waterproof evidence but, the latest stream and its strange anouncement of the so called Beta strengthend my worries.

For example, the beta - why so limited access to it, and even then with an NDA? What for? For what they need an NDA in Dreams? In creation Mode there are no levels, no plot to spoil. And if its stuff of funktionality they could have an disclamer saying something like "this is not the final product, functionality can be subject to change until release" Also why the announcement that stuff made in beta will carry over to the release version? Why they even bother? I guess after 5 Days their plattform will be flooded with content from users (at least if there is still the full funktionality there for everyone).

I think they slowly bringing us to a slightly negative mindset towards Dreams in a controlled fashion. So that there is not a harsh transition from all positive to totaly negative if we find finaly out that the released Dreams will not have the game making funktionalitys we got promised once.

okay here in german it is now 2:45 at night time to sleep, i will write more tomorrow, for now i am curious about your opinion on that matter. I know it has a slight conspiracy theory taste to it but since its now out there we can discuss it and or dismiss it.

One question i also have - since i am from germany - could any native english Speaker pls give me a short assessment about my english skills ? just what you think , i will be not upset, regardless your assessment. Thx in advance :)

i am also a big fan of Dreams all along since the PS4 Event but i need to say something. It is something, A hunch wich grow on me over all those years. Especially after more and more of the capabilitys of the toolset even for normal folks became known.
So, i have the feeling that at some Point middle in development some black suits in marketing at Sony got afraid of their creation. And\ or as they discovered the "rapid prototyping for Developers is also an Option" Path....

Something is wrong.. I mean in all those Streams - did ever someone of you saw them confonted with a Bug? Every stream i saw Dreams would not hang up, not freezer the screen or any other Problem. Actually it did not look like there is much left buggy.

I think the biggest Problem is that "someone" "somewhere" is not comfortable anymore with handing out basicly a very powerfull gamecreation tool to the public. Or maybe there is suddenly a legal problem with selling the toolset to real Developers and on the same time to the public Audience.

I suspicion therefore that secretly some totaly unpopular Decision was made. A decision wich will lead if not handled properly to a major backlash. Iam affraid that they will not keep Dreams in its current state to release for public.
I assume they radicaly circumcise it in functionality.

But why i even suspect this?

Not to long ago my company , it is one of the biggest chemistry service providers - we test about to released Pesticides beforehand to check them for their harmfullnes to non target organisms like bees and earthworms and so on, but testing them means spraying them in controlled conditions on specialy prepared field wich we lease from farmers. Wich also means we are out there in puplic in an enviroment that carrys many negative views about pesticides in general. This means we could run into passerbys wich could start to ask questions and could possibly bring the company into trouble (report to police, report to media and so on) if not handled with care. Therefore (and now i come to the Point) we got schoold in Public Relations by a special Company. It was a 2 Days seminar and in the end we had worked out a Handout or a Pamphlet about how to handle those "stakeholders" ...

So all those months i just had the suspicion, but no clear evidence. I mean i still have not waterproof evidence but, the latest stream and its strange anouncement of the so called Beta strengthend my worries.

For example, the beta - why so limited access to it, and even then with an NDA? What for? For what they need an NDA in Dreams? In creation Mode there are no levels, no plot to spoil. And if its stuff of funktionality they could have an disclamer saying something like "this is not the final product, functionality can be subject to change until release" Also why the announcement that stuff made in beta will carry over to the release version? Why they even bother? I guess after 5 Days their plattform will be flooded with content from users (at least if there is still the full funktionality there for everyone).

I think they slowly bringing us to a slightly negative mindset towards Dreams in a controlled fashion. So that there is not a harsh transition from all positive to totaly negative if we find finaly out that the released Dreams will not have the game making funktionalitys we got promised once.

okay here in german it is now 2:45 at night time to sleep, i will write more tomorrow, for now i am curious about your opinion on that matter. I know it has a slight conspiracy theory taste to it but since its now out there we can discuss it and or dismiss it.

One question i also have - since i am from germany - could any native english Speaker pls give me a short assessment about my english skills ? just what you think , i will be not upset, regardless your assessment. Thx in advance :)

funky english and conspiracy :D

anyway, also possible: they simply doesnt want to be overwhelmed by the testers llike many other companies with closed beta/alpha resulting in people not able to login etc, even the support hidden forum become inaccessible.

Yeah, it's standard practice. It's not a super-powerful game creator that threatens other devs - the games shown are limited and don't challenge AAA titles or anything of the sort, plus the art-style is quite constrained. Closed beta's are standard. NDA are standard as you don't know what'll stay in or be taken out among other things. Maybe there's a feature that'll get pulled and you don't want people hearing about it and then complaining about it's absence. The second Beta is early January and the public Beta is scheduled for late January - how does an NDA fit in with that conspiracy?

The game is coming and will be out. There'll also be many, many bugs! LBP didn't exhibit bugs in its demos but it had lots that impacted creators and creations.

I’ve seen plenty bugs in the streams. Besides staggering the beta, I do think they want to be careful not to cause too much work for themselves during the holiday. And finally I have to believe that Sony isn’t putting on too much pressure, or the project would have been canceled long ago. I think this is actually a relatively cheap project so far despite the many years running as it is still a pretty small team working on Dreams as far as I know.

However they have been creating and testing the tools so extensively in those streams for so long and have been creating all the levels in there that bugs probably won’t be too many. I wouldn’t necessarily even call some of the things that the community finds bugs so much as limits of the system ;)

Yes, a couple of things. Firstly this is a small company and a hugely anticipated 'game'. They need to release the Beta in a very controlled manor otherwise it could (literally) break them! Secondly, I suspect many streams were pre-tested to minimise the risk of bugs.

As for the Beta, I feel so excited but also guilty that I'm in. Last night I got around 30 mins to have a 'play', hopefully I will get some time tonight but I suspect it'll be another busy pre-Christmas evening :(

Last edited:
Rather big FPS created with Dreams during the Beta. This tool is incredible. I can't wait to play the creations and make my own. And I know exactly what I am going to make.
It looks supercool! Just imagine what can be done with more time and dedication!

I also like the feeling that things look more organic than just razor sharp polygons.

Back