The AMD Execution Thread [2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
So if its both, why is Intel such a small percentage? 70% surely it should be closer to 90%

Because the percentage for NV also goes up. There's only 100% to go around. NV gains some because of your computer and Intel gains some because of your computer.

It's the percentage of total GPUs, not a percentage of how many computers a GPU is in.

So if every single computer had 1 NV card and 1 Intel card and no AMD card, then it would 50% NV, 50% Intel, and 0% AMD. Not 100% NV, 100% Intel, 0% AMD.

If 50% of all computers had an NV card, and the other 50% had an AMD card, while Intel was in 100% of computers, then the shares would be 25% NV, 50% Intel, 25% AMD.

Regards,
SB

Vega II Logo image Trademark filed by AMD
AMD has filed a trademark request for a new logo, you can guess what it is right? Vega II. The new logo is based on the old one with a subtle two extra stripes harbored in that logo.
Vega II is the upcoming 7nm version of the current design and could be used on both consumer and professional series products. You can see the trademark request right here.
index.php

https://www.guru3d.com/news-story/vega-ii-logo-image-trademark-filed-by-amd.html

So the end of 2018 is here and AFAIK no new laptops will be announced before CES 2019.

We saw a total of 0 (zero) laptops carrying "Raven Ridge 2018" chips, during 2018.

Unfortunately, AMD still sucks at getting design wins from laptop makers. And/or laptop makers still suck at attributing design wins to AMD.

Here I thought we'd see some 14" 35-45W slim-ish designs with DDR4 3000 SODIMMs.

We saw a total of 0 (zero) laptops carrying "Raven Ridge 2018" chips, during 2018.
Here I thought we'd see some 14" 35-45W slim-ish designs with DDR4 3000 SODIMMs.
Wasn't the RR2018 supposed to be just a native 2 core variant with low CU and PCIe link count, etc.?

Rayfield as one head of the RTG apparently is leaving too. AMD seemingly confirmed that he is leaving, disputing only the reasons insinuated by WCCFTech.
https://wccftech.com/exclusive-mike-rayfield-amd-retires/
Watch him land at Intel in a few weeks /jk

AMD's official response is nothing more than PR talk for "He got canned/He's out" similar to Raja's (everybody saw that coming when he went/was sent on that sabbatical after Vega's launch..).
Intel sure has been milking the hell out of RTG lately...Not entirely sure that building the exact same team over there simply with more $$ would = great products..There are reasons other that lack of R&D money that got AMD into the shitfest that was Polaris/Vega...Meanwhile Nvidia is happily cruising in the sunset unbothered...

I don't think so. When he joined AMD, there were rumors, that he had some conflicts even in Micron. It's possible, that the reasons mentioned by WCCFTech aren't just rumours.

I don't think so. When he joined AMD, there were rumors, that he had some conflicts even in Micron. It's possible, that the reasons mentioned by WCCFTech aren't just rumours.
I'm not saying that Intel is behind this or that the rumors aren't true (they probably are). Just commenting on AMD's PR statement (Rayfield has obviously been canned) & what a shitshow RTG has been in the past 2 years and Intel taking advantage of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back